Kape22

bAutoGenerateIslandSpawnRegions

Changing the spawn point region override for islands doesn't appear to be working for me either.

@SteveMThe issue wasn't the glitched island, i have no problem removing it. What I was saying is I DID DO A FULL WIPE, but I still cannot spawn in free ports, when there are ONLY freeports in the server tile. It spawns me in the middle of the ocean. I have 4 freeports, north, south, east, west. The center island was merely saying that adding a non freeport island especially doesn't work. I used to be able to slightly move the islands to fix the glitch without full wiping it. But just to be safe, lately, I have been FULL WIPING.

Edited by need4speedazx

I have a tile with one Freeport and a few other islands. Setting the Freeport spawnPointRegionOverride to 0, and the other islands to 10, 11, 12, etc. worked for me. I of course have only one spawn region defined in that cell.

Edited by Andargor
  • Like 1

I can not seem to get the spawnPointRegionOverride to work either. I have set my Freeport island to 0, and everything else is 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and I only have one Spawn Region setup. What else am I missing here?

It does keep spawning me on the same island when i create characters, it is just the wrong island. The one it spawns me on is the one with a spawnPointRegionOverride: 11

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Deviant-One

On 4/23/2019 at 1:39 PM, Deviant-One said:

I can not seem to get the spawnPointRegionOverride to work either. I have set my Freeport island to 0, and everything else is 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and I only have one Spawn Region setup. What else am I missing here?

It does keep spawning me on the same island when i create characters, it is just the wrong island. The one it spawns me on is the one with a spawnPointRegionOverride: 11

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you go into the grideditor and for each grid you have a spawn island and have the spawn island set to 0 rest of islands set to next numbers up. Then ctrl left click and edit grid. Click the check box bottom left home server. You will spawn or be given the option to spawn on any island set to 0. And yes you can have multiple islands set to 0 I have tested it. Only problem is in doing so removes spawn points.

This is really frustrating.  By fooling around trying to figure out how to get new players to spawn in ports I've learned everything else with the Map Editor and settings.   Has anyone figured this out yet?  It must be simple cause I've seen plenty of private servers doing fine with spawns.

This is really frustrating.  By fooling around trying to figure out how to get new players to spawn in ports I've learned everything else with the Map Editor and settings.   Has anyone figured this out yet?  It must be simple cause I've seen plenty of private servers doing fine with spawns.

Until they stop auto-adding AutoGenerateIslandSpawnRegions=true when the server is launched, your only option to control spawn regions is to remove non _E variants from your freeport map.
If you only place _E in your freeport, the standard spawnPointRegionOverride settings work fine.

I have been playing around with this for 5 hours + and i can't get it to spawn me only on the freeport and ignoring spawning on the other island, anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?