Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Why are numbers already dropping?

Unfortunately since I have to wait for console release I sometimes have to gather info from you guys.

has anything caused this drop? Mechanics not working? Megas already ruining things? Server outage?

throughout the entire 3 months the decline always and I mean always happens at 12 pst to 2 pst in the morning. Like regardless of the weekend or weekdays it is always that way.

what is happening?

Everyone is binging GOT to refresh their memories from 2 freaking years ago in preparation for Sunday. Atlas gets moved down the priority list.

Not having played the new stuff that is my best fart in the wind guess. 

Take it for what it’s worth.

Edited by boomervoncannon

My reason for not playing is twofold. Partly because I want to play after I've moved and can play alone on my own server.  But mostly im not playing video games because it's warm enough to stay out fishing overnight on my boat. 

• Like 1

There I was again disputing the crap of a piece of land with a Chinese just as in December last year I was with the insane lag since for my happiness the server NA PVE was turned into a PVP and the Chinese with low level dying of cold and hunger and for the snakes that are 90% of the predatory animals of this game (the devs must have some fetish with these cobras) just waiting for one of us to give up and being sure that at any moment someone would give respawn on the island and contested "Our flag again and stay in this loop for many hours.

I had fun times fighting SOTD in the Golden Age and collecting high level NPCs and wild level 30 animals.

- Never seen Kraken, Crab, Dragon.
- I found the merchant boat four times that completely useless."
- Never met a Mermaid.
- Never been able to kill any creatures in a Golden Age."
He did not have time to test the submarine in the PTR.
- I spent 4 days in January building when it was still 1x rate doing a Galleon I tested it for ten minutes and went to sleep when I went back to play the ship had sunk.
- LOL I could never use or build a mythic or legendary weapon or tool despite being level 76 never had skill points for these things.

I only got a decent piece of land a two weeks ago when and soon after they announce the wipe that unfortunately was necessary and I spend much of the time was paranoid with problems of Atlas as snakes magically popping up inside my house or random boats blocking my harbor and of course "Chinese Chinese Chinese".

It's almost certain that other wipe will come in version 2.0 or release of the final version of the game and I'm tired of that stress.cobras-again.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rising said:

There I was again disputing the crap of a piece of land with a Chinese just as in December last year I was with the insane lag since for my happiness the server NA PVE was turned into a PVP and the Chinese with low level dying of cold and hunger and for the snakes that are 90% of the predatory animals of this game (the devs must have some fetish with these cobras) just waiting for one of us to give up and being sure that at any moment someone would give respawn on the island and contested "Our flag again and stay in this loop for many hours.

I had fun times fighting SOTD in the Golden Age and collecting high level NPCs and wild level 30 animals.

- Never seen Kraken, Crab, Dragon.
- I found the merchant boat four times that completely useless."
- Never met a Mermaid.
- Never been able to kill any creatures in a Golden Age."
He did not have time to test the submarine in the PTR.
- I spent 4 days in January building when it was still 1x rate doing a Galleon I tested it for ten minutes and went to sleep when I went back to play the ship had sunk.
- LOL I could never use or build a mythic or legendary weapon or tool despite being level 76 never had skill points for these things.

I only got a decent piece of land a two weeks ago when and soon after they announce the wipe that unfortunately was necessary and I spend much of the time was paranoid with problems of Atlas as snakes magically popping up inside my house or random boats blocking my harbor and of course "Chinese Chinese Chinese".

It's almost certain that other wipe will come in version 2.0 or release of the final version of the game and I'm tired of that stress.cobras-again.jpg

Wow, that is a lot of cobras lol

Oh my god, it's too true. I was doing treasure hunting on PTR the other night. I probably killed 150+ cobras... The other thing that is annoying as hell: cobras in the Tundra... Sorry... But no. Just no.

6 hours ago, Realist said:

It’s 3:37 pm pst. There is no reason for this time to be the peak smh

Maybe you should actually buy the game and see for yourself.

Seems healthy to me.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:26 AM, Realist said:

throughout the entire 3 months the decline always and I mean always happens at 12 pst to 2 pst in the morning. Like regardless of the weekend or weekdays it is always that way.

When you say 12 pst to 2 pst in the morning are you referring to only 2 pst being morning or both 12 and 2 and therefore a 2 hour window or 14 hour window? I'm used to people using PM and AM or 24 hour clock.

Anyway, 12am to 2am (2 hours) is 08:00 - 10:00 in the morning in UK.

If it's the longer window, then 20:00 - 10:00 in the UK.

For me personally, although i'm only one person, this will be similar for Europe generally, a few hours in to that second period is bedtime particularly during the week, then up in the morning for work. If going by the first 2 hour period it's work time.

Now I can't say I have any kind of knowledge whether the playerbase is bigger in EU or NA. But based on your post about it peaking at 15:30 PST then that's 23:30 UK, I was just logging off then. So based on my own activity on a Friday night, and similar for most nights i'll look to go to bed any time between 22:00 and midnight.

Mind you nothings making me want to stop playing so far. Built a little house, struggled to build a decent fence, whilst messing about with said fence 2 cobras literally spawned on my base, one on the roof and one at the front door, I killed one the other killed me. Realising that structures do not block spawns at all I realise there's no point building my base there. So I moved along the coastline a little and rebuilt. The only threats I have in my area are cobras and rattlesnakes which means I can actually get things done without watching my back too much. Cobras are the devil for sure though! Anyway, i've gone off track...

3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

When you say 12 pst to 2 pst in the morning are you referring to only 2 pst being morning or both 12 and 2 and therefore a 2 hour window or 14 hour window? I'm used to people using PM and AM or 24 hour clock.

Anyway, 12am to 2am (2 hours) is 08:00 - 10:00 in the morning in UK.

If it's the longer window, then 20:00 - 10:00 in the UK.

For me personally, although i'm only one person, this will be similar for Europe generally, a few hours in to that second period is bedtime particularly during the week, then up in the morning for work. If going by the first 2 hour period it's work time.

Now I can't say I have any kind of knowledge whether the playerbase is bigger in EU or NA. But based on your post about it peaking at 15:30 PST then that's 23:30 UK, I was just logging off then. So based on my own activity on a Friday night, and similar for most nights i'll look to go to bed any time between 22:00 and midnight.

Mind you nothings making me want to stop playing so far. Built a little house, struggled to build a decent fence, whilst messing about with said fence 2 cobras literally spawned on my base, one on the roof and one at the front door, I killed one the other killed me. Realising that structures do not block spawns at all I realise there's no point building my base there. So I moved along the coastline a little and rebuilt. The only threats I have in my area are cobras and rattlesnakes which means I can actually get things done without watching my back too much. Cobras are the devil for sure though! Anyway, i've gone off track...

Yeah looking back I can see I wasn’t clear. Midnight pst to 2am pst. Within that to hour window is has been the low point every single day. The high point being noon to 2 pm every day. It is just weird to see the low point go to earlier in the evening. Like out of 100 days or more all 100 had that same peak and low window.

that is good to hear that building doesn’t block resources though. I can see how that might be a pain but I would rather have the resources keep spawning really. Sure you have to plan out where you build a little more carefully but having that extra few trees or two is will come in handy in the long run.

as far as the bigger playerbase goes, I can’t say for sure, but I was going off of that interactive map. But like others have said it probably isn’t totally accurate but you usually had 500 or more players on the na pvp and na pve ca the eu clusters. But to be honest there could just be a lot of Eu players on the na server as well so it’s just a guess.

but going by a cluster by cluster basis the na cluster is always higher

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

as far as the bigger playerbase goes, I can’t say for sure, but I was going off of that interactive map. But like others have said it probably isn’t totally accurate but you usually had 500 or more players on the na pvp and na pve ca the eu clusters. But to be honest there could just be a lot of Eu players on the na server as well so it’s just a guess.

but going by a cluster by cluster basis the na cluster is always higher

Which interactive map? This one?

https://atlas.hgn.hu/

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Which interactive map? This one?

https://atlas.hgn.hu/

Oh wow, I haven’t seen that one. Looks pretty simple too. No, I closed the window on it a while back and can’t find it on the forums anymore.

it was the site that actually showed the amount of people per square and total for the cluster. Wasn’t the official atlas one either but very close to it. I tried looking in the beginning posts but I can’t find it anymore.

thanksfor that one though

Just now, Realist said:

Oh wow, I haven’t seen that one. Looks pretty simple too. No, I closed the window on it a while back and can’t find it on the forums anymore.

it was the site that actually showed the amount of people per square and total for the cluster. Wasn’t the official atlas one either but very close to it. I tried looking in the beginning posts but I can’t find it anymore.

thanksfor that one though

That one when you click on one of them also shows the broken down clusters too with numbers on them. However that site is misleading currently because the servers all got mixed around for PTR and stayed like it at wipe I think.

Like EU PvE came up as NA PvP PTR, NA PvP came up as EU PvE PTR, NA PvE came up as NA Empires PTR etc.

So if you look at that page you should look at it like this:

Original vs Current

NA PvE - NA Empires
NA PvP - EU PvE
EU PvE - NA PvP
EU PvP - EU PvP

So currently NA PvP is the busiest, and NA Empires is the quietest.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

That one when you click on one of them also shows the broken down clusters too with numbers on them. However that site is misleading currently because the servers all got mixed around for PTR and stayed like it at wipe I think.

Like EU PvE came up as NA PvP PTR, NA PvP came up as EU PvE PTR, NA PvE came up as NA Empires PTR etc.

So if you look at that page you should look at it like this:

Original vs Current

NA PvE - NA Empires
NA PvP - EU PvE
EU PvE - NA PvP
EU PvP - EU PvP

So currently NA PvP is the busiest, and NA Empires is the quietest.

Yeah and it’s only 4 in the morning here. Well 7 on the east coast but still kind of early. Numbers should be at their highest for na between noon and 2pm.

cool, thanks for the map. I’ll check that one out.

still weird though how the window changed when it hadn’t changed at all for over 3 months.

Guys it’s 4:30. What is going on, something has to be happening. This should not be the low point.

if anything you are messing up my math here. The trends are just getting messed up at this point 

The peek Friday Night was higher than launch, and Tonight is about the same as Friday.   Its not falling, but not growing much either.    Only Grapeshot knows the number of new purchases.   Given the populations in Freeports, new players are coming in.

• Like 1