Martyn

What creeps you out on Atlas?

The sound a snake makes when moving, at night, when I'm trying to reorganise my inventary!

2 hours ago, Dangergirl Forever said:

I absolutely hate being in the deep water. If I fall overboard I will start to panic in real life it is so creepy. Please tell me I'm not the only one ....

You’re the only one.

5 hours ago, Lord Mayson said:

Nothing but Pirates in their underway running around the islands.

I C wat U did thar.

6 hours ago, Dangergirl Forever said:

I absolutely hate being in the deep water. If I fall overboard I will start to panic in real life it is so creepy. Please tell me I'm not the only one ....

You are not the only one. Every time I jump in the water I freak out a bit. Don't have this problem in other games; I think it's because the ocean looks so real... and I have a healthy real fear of the ocean (I actually will not go deeper than my chest).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Martyn said:

The sound a snake makes when moving, at night, when I'm trying to reorganise my inventary!

The Devs, creep me out big time. Still trying to figure out what creatures they are.

10 hours ago, Shadowcub said:

You are not the only one. Every time I jump in the water I freak out a bit. Don't have this problem in other games; I think it's because the ocean looks so real... and I have a healthy real fear of the ocean (I actually will not go deeper than my chest).

Oddly enough I have a fear of not seeing the seabed.. I have never had any issue scuba diving etc but I hate sailing over water that is too deep to see the seabed.  I think it's all the ghost stories of ships sinking in wars etc.. the feeling that there's just too much water between me and the bottom.  I hate swimming on the surface as well, preferring to swim just under it.

I do the same ingame.

Edited by Martyn

24 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Oddly enough I have a fear of not seeing the seabed.. I have never had any issue scuba diving etc but I hate sailing over water that is too deep to see the seabed.  I think it's all the ghost stories of ships sinking in wars etc.. the feeling that there's just too much water between me and the bottom.  I hate swimming on the surface as well, preferring to swim just under it.

I do the same ingame.

I also swim below the surface (in life and in game). Filled my child nerdy brain with way too much info on cryptids and convinced myself that the lake my day camp was on had a monster. Even kayaking on that same lake today makes me nervous, even though I know it's only around 330 ft deep and the biggest, scariest thing in there is landlocked salmon.

And the scariest thing in the ocean around here isn't the occasional great white... it's getting run over by an oil tanker or a floating city of a cruise ship.

• Like 1

The snakes! I would pay 30 dollars more for this game (If I could still have it on official server), if they'd only remove the snakes. They're horrible, disgusting, hate everything about them. Alternatively, if they have to keep them for some weird reason, decrease the spawns by 90%. I doubt even Amazon jungle IRL has this many snakes! 😂

• Like 1

Acrophobia. Mostly when building up cliffsides. I have lost enough bodies while wearing a glider in those situations that my fear of falling is quite real and compounds the higher I get.

Funny thing is that I don't actually have an unnatural fear of heights in real life, although I probably would if I were constantly free-hanging from cliff faces like I do in game.

Also - bola taming.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:19 PM, Dangergirl Forever said:

You are not 😛

• Like 1

What's creepy? Those sweet little turtles, that growl like a giant komodo dragon about to kill you.

3 hours ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

the effed-up and unrealistc weather system

Yeah, does anywhere on earth have bad weather this often. And the fog looks terrible on my computer.

Edited by Buck Rider

The fear of crossing a grid and not knowing if the game will crash and I wont be able to join, but my character is still in the ship gripping the steering wheel, the character becomes inmortal, my mates try to kill him but they can't, the game still refuses to le me join, the ship crashes into some rocks and sinks. 

True story 🙄; from now on I we all cross grid away from the steering wheel.

ship.thumb.jpg.9c3418e581333ef888b96994c27da956.jpg