Sign in to follow this  
[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

PvE Structure Decay

First of all thank you for increasing PvE structure decay on settlements from 4 days to 10 days.

However, @Dollie @Jatheish we have been here before with the issue of holidays. The average holiday in the EU is 2 weeks. 10 days will be fine for the majority of the time, but when I chose to take some 'me' time on holiday i'll likely return to no base or structures. I don't understand why these decisions are constantly being made that pretty much screw over solo players.

The resource structure that you were going to introduce would have solved this entire problem, yet you decided not to implement it for some reason.

Can the structure decay be increased to cover the average holiday that EU takes?

1 minute ago, Kummba said:

U Know that spam also stays for that long, right?

That's no reason to restrict it so much though. Good landlords can get rid of spam in 24 hours. I go on holiday for 11 or 12 days and lose everything?

The game can never support every playstyle! Be creative!

And i will be starting solo too, planing to stay so, but how knows.

Just now, Kummba said:

The game can never support every playstyle! Be creative!

And i will be starting solo too, planing to stay so, but how knows.

So if you plan to start and stay solo, explain how you will be creative when going on a 12 day holiday whilst staying solo? I'm not going to have some random house-sitting for me ingame.

If i will not have claimed an island (u can claim polar for that):

I have some steam friends that dont play the game anymore!

They can do me a favour (ONCE).

They could set it up so that small structures collapse and get deleted after a few hours and largers structures remain in place for 3 months.. However, even that is exploitable.

If a small structure was judged to be say 6 foundations connected then all the little huts, pillers with ceilings etc single pillers could be removed within a day say.  Larger structures connected to machines like looms, shipyards, smithys etc could remain for weeks. So foundations with machines on them become something you want to keep, small structures with just beds in them or chests would be demo'd.  That way people would need to keep everything connected via foundations ie a continual base.

Any disconnected bases would need to be say a minimum of 9 foundations with at least 1 major machine or creative structure on it.

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

So if you plan to start and stay solo, explain how you will be creative when going on a 12 day holiday whilst staying solo? I'm not going to have some random house-sitting for me ingame.

If I could afford a 12 day holiday, I wouldn't care a bit about some stupid game.

1 minute ago, Draalei said:

If I could afford a 12 day holiday, I wouldn't care a bit about some stupid game.

You only say that because you can't afford a 12 day holiday. I work hard for my salary and deserve to spend it on 2 weeks holiday, doesn't mean I wouldn't care about the game i've spent the other 11 1/2 months playing...

9 minutes ago, Draalei said:

You would when you got back.

I regularly have 2-3 week holidays.  It's annoying having to restart from scatch everytime I do.  The point of a holiday is to relax.. then you come back to more than the daily grind.

Edited by Martyn

On 4/11/2019 at 4:56 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

First of all thank you for increasing PvE structure decay on settlements from 4 days to 10 days.

However, @Dollie @Jatheish we have been here before with the issue of holidays. The average holiday in the EU is 2 weeks. 10 days will be fine for the majority of the time, but when I chose to take some 'me' time on holiday i'll likely return to no base or structures. I don't understand why these decisions are constantly being made that pretty much screw over solo players.

The resource structure that you were going to introduce would have solved this entire problem, yet you decided not to implement it for some reason.

Can the structure decay be increased to cover the average holiday that EU takes?

the average holiday doesnt matter, if you dont feel like playing a game you shouldnt be forced to log in as simple as that, i dont know whats their big idea with decay  to be honest