Partiesplayin

New claim system vote

New Claim System Vote  

89 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you want to keep new claim system ?

2. 2. Do you want old claim system back

• Yes
    • Modified version with much stricter limits
    • No
  3. 3. No Claim System,Build anywhere,decay period, no upkeep

Your poll is biased. I do NOT want old system back, you are missing a No , and  yet you have it on required.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This vote has been done a long time ago. What's the point in creating a new one on the day that 1.5 is launching. :classic_blink:

I wansnt aware of a previous poll on this, but now that a good amount of testing has been done by the players it's time to show grapeshot how we feel.

Sorry if the poll isn't perfect for everyone but those are the options it can not be edited at least not from my phone

Edited by Partiesplayin

1. Do you want to keep new claim system ?

Yes, may need tweeking as it's a new system.

2. Do you want old claim system back ?

No, It was shit, easily exploited with too many bugs.

Sort out your biased poll, or delete it.

Edited by Jack Shandy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

1. Do you want to keep new claim system ?

Yes, may need tweeking as it's a new system.

2. Do you want old claim system back ?

No, It was shit, easily exploited with too many bugs.

Sort out your biased poll, or delete it.

If you don’t believe this new system is not capable of being exploited then your not using your imagination very much.

the old system was fine and it only needed tweaking as you stated the new system does.  

Old system tweaking = limit claim flags, stop overlapping claims and remove sea claims.

New system tweaking = limit build radius, lower or remove taxes, change system so anyone can build, change system so asshat can’t demolish my structures

8 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

If you don’t believe this new system is not capable of being exploited then your not using your imagination very much.

the old system was fine and it only needed tweaking as you stated the new system does.  

Old system tweaking = limit claim flags, stop overlapping claims and remove sea claims.

New system tweaking = limit build radius, lower or remove taxes, change system so anyone can build, change system so asshat can’t demolish my structures

Build anywhere would always be the best choice for pvp. Really surprised they added it to pve and not pvp. Should have been the exact opposite of what they did

I have to apologize, I’m almost never making a post or reply that deals with pvp, all my thoughts are pve based and I forget that some people are posting their thoughts and it goes with pvp.

Having a general forum kinda sucks, pvp and pve players are both posting thoughts and they will often disagree because what is good for one generally isn’t for the other.

General forums are usually general in nature and are for everything from talking about the weather to posting funny screen caps from the game.  If you want to be more specific then use the PvE subforum.

It seems to me a lot of people in these forums are not using them as intended which causes issues.  A good example is people posting bugs in General when those belong in the Bugs subforum.  Then later people bitch their bug was not fixed or looked at. 

Problem now is people who voted previously cannot vote again.   I am locked out so even if I wanted to change my vote I could not. 

Edited by DocHolliday

8 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

I have to apologize, I’m almost never making a post or reply that deals with pvp, all my thoughts are pve based and I forget that some people are posting their thoughts and it goes with pvp.

Having a general forum kinda sucks, pvp and pve players are both posting thoughts and they will often disagree because what is good for one generally isn’t for the other.

You know there is actually a pvp general discussion as well as a pve general discussion right? If not then cool you learned something. If you did then I guess I’ll let you know what this is.

the overall general discussion doesn’t actually have anything to do with pvp or pve at all, just the game in general. Sure there are a lot of threads here that should be transferred to those two different threads but that is beyond our control.

overall general discussion is for people that say the game sucks or the game is awesome. Also for polls regardless of pve or pvp.

for instance, my thread about player shops had a question that left pve or pvp with no relevance. 

So pretty much pvp specific general should be there. Pve general should be there, but overall general needs to be here. At least it should be

1 hour ago, Jerryn said:

You may want to consider closing this poll and starting again, if you are interested in collecting anything of any value.   

Your poll, as currently designed, is not going to provide any useful/meaningful results; if I was sent this for analysis I would send it back....no offense.  Changing the answers and adding a new question mid-poll is already an issue, plus people can answer multiple question, and, some of those could be mutually exclusive answers; or you would have to assume some order of precedence, to deal with someone answering multiple questions, especially when the answers conflict (such as answering Yes to 2 or 3 of the questions).

Problem is you have questions that have no direct link to each other; some don't even make sense depending on the answer to the previous question.  Some surveys/polls are designed to branch poll/survey based on the answer to a question, so that you can ask questions the are relevant (and meaningful) to the result of the previous question; which you cannot do here, reliably.

You should design a simpler poll, with one question, and a list of options.  And you need to make it specific to type of server (PVP Colonies, PVP Empire, or PVE), as the survey cannot, be meaningful if it is for all 3.  And, you should try to keep bias out of it, unless you are not interested in an honest result.  You will still have an issue of people answering, even though they don't play that mode, or even play at all.

So, for example(and this is just an example I ramboed up)

Which claim system do you prefer for (server type):

• The Current Claim System
  • The Current Claim System with some tweaks
  • The Original Claim System, no tweaks
  • The Original Claim System, with tweaks
  • No Claim System; just structures with a radius to prevent others from other building
  • I don't play that type of server
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Then, if you get a result that is heavily in favor of one option, you can do a poll on that, to refine the results.

If you decide to do a new poll, please let me know, and I can close this one and lock the thread.

I would like to be able to vote again. The first time I voted the 3rd option was not there and I would pretty much reverse all decisions based on it

pve should not be the same as PVP, it needs a different dev team outlook... Many dev teams do this so that ppl dont have the same options/perspective, as pvp can cause cross issues with pve game play.

Just now, Sneakydude said:

pve should not be the same as PVP, it needs a different dev team outlook... Many dev teams do this so that ppl dont have the same options/perspective, as pvp can cause cross issues with pve game play.

Some of that problem lies within people not using the pvp general and pve general. Actually probably almost every problem comes with doing that.

Too many people come onto overall general and give there opinions. Are they pve? Are they pvp? Sometimes they don’t say and the devs just see it and make a decision. 

If someone is strictly pvp or strictly pve they really shouldn’t be posting here in the first place. Overall general has no room for people that are absolute one sided. 

I’ll probably play both really. I have no favoritism towards either play style.

Like you said General Chat covers both PvE and PvP and neither at the same time, your argument holds no merit when you say this should be used to discuss how awesome or how bad the game is, any topic you can think of could be covered in its forum platform.  There is absolutely no reason to have a general chat for discussion of game topics. General chat should be used for just that, chat among the players that isn’t game related. 

You say you have no favoritism, you can play one as well as the other and that is fine but any game related topics could still be covered in the appropriate sections.

The forums have never been a way for the developers to communicate with the players, it has been used by the players to communicate with each other and we do so in any section that has a interesting topic. The developers have only used the forums as away to host the updates for the game, how often have you ever seen them active in the forums vs Discord or Twitter?

You may not think I know my ass from a hole in the ground but I assure you I do.

Well it looks pretty obvious that no many people are happy with this new claim system I'll run the poll till next Monday and see where we're at.

I think most people like most of the new Colonies system, but would like to see it made such that no company, or alliance, or several unofficial alliance partners, can control the whole map. People want to own islands, not rent from Megas.

I think what it comes down to is people arent happy that a single person can control an entire island or a large company can control several islands. And wipe anyone who try's to build. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Partiesplayin said:

I think what it comes down to is people arent happy that a single person can control an entire island or a large company can control several islands. And wipe anyone who try's to build. 

I think what it comes down to is a biased poll got the results you were looking for, congratulations.

The New system works, it can work well for play time. Knowing that your not under seige all the time, but it will never stop pvp. Players have to create the pvp more now then ever. All colonies did was make it more expensive to attack, and defend. But it also stopped a ton of off line raiding even by larger tribes. Offline because some people play larger hours while some just log off and expect it to be safe. You cant fault the hours players play vs offlining.

However Colonies just made it more PVE build up in peace time, you have to create the pvp. Its ok, but we need the pve part removed from it.