Sign in to follow this  
MaulerTGD

NA PVE Disgrace

Good luck, I can see pvp players trolling pve forums trying to get people to join pvp, they already stated that pve players are easy picking.  

On 4/11/2019 at 5:43 PM, gumbyc said:

Then, where the hell are they ? Has anyone done pings to them ?

tracert 37.10.126.140 (NA ex-PVE server , Southwest Tundra Freeport)
tracert 46.251.238.4 (current EU PVE, Southwest Tropical Freeport)

The results are a 100 ms difference and an additional hop. That could just be the way the segmented the networks or they could be in different datacenters in the same country.
The difference seems too smaal to think one on American Soil and one European soil.
They might both be in the Philippines 🙂 .

be careful guys, i got banned from their discord for saying similar things.. their moderator church decided i was being too negative.

On 4/11/2019 at 6:26 AM, Winter Thorne said:

Not comparable, really.  Look at it this way -  first both EU and NA pve players get the short end of the stick.  EU pve gets wiped early, NA pve gets stuck playing on servers where nobody feels like doing anything because it's all going away within a week, and neither group gets a pve ptr to look at.  NA pve was a ghost town then, btw...nobody playing there either.  Next, there's finally a ptr for pve to look at but only for a couple days but at least at the end of that, the patch goes live and we're all back in business, right?  Except we're not.

There are only 2 things people have been waiting for - a sneak peek at the new stuff on ptr  (not a ton of interest there though), and getting past the wipe to live code on the live servers.  EU got their sneak peek at the same time as US, if they wanted one, but the US has to wait at least a couple more weeks to really play the game again, which is all anyone wanted.

Unless they move permanently to EU, which some will do, or choose to go mess around for 2 weeks on EU, which makes me feel bad for you all.  

We got 2 powerstones on PTR and explored the trenches in the sub. Tamed a crab threw each other into the ocean. For EU-PvE tried the Kraken today. Basic boats kinda screwed us. We will try again in a few days.

Unless they transfer all of our stuff to NA and the tribe agrees or they do another wipe (Both of which I highly doubt) I don't see Lotus going back to NA anytime soon.

As for the whole NA server thing I don't feel a need for it. The ping difference is not really noticeable it's the patch being laggy. We have a nice healthy player base right now it feels really good and I think colonies on PvE has been really successful.

~Lotus

• Like 4

Well, now I'm on EU. Already have a base, a few tames and a brig. I have no plans at this point to go to NA once it opens.

Downside, I don't understand 2/3 of the chat... wait, is that really a downside? Most the Euros seem just fine to me.

4 minutes ago, Buck Rider said:

Well, now I'm on EU. Already have a base, a few tames and a brig. I have no plans at this point to go to NA once it opens.

Downside, I don't understand 2/3 of the chat... wait, is that really a downside? Most the Euros seem just fine to me.

With some of the people I've met on this game I wouldn't mind not understanding them 😄

~Lotus

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lotus said:

We got 2 powerstones on PTR and explored the trenches in the sub. Tamed a crab threw each other into the ocean. For EU-PvE tried the Kraken today. Basic boats kinda screwed us. We will try again in a few days.

Unless they transfer all of our stuff to NA and the tribe agrees or they do another wipe (Both of which I highly doubt) I don't see Lotus going back to NA anytime soon.

As for the whole NA server thing I don't feel a need for it. The ping difference is not really noticeable it's the patch being laggy. We have a nice healthy player base right now it feels really good and I think colonies on PvE has been really successful.

~Lotus

Lotus!  I wondered where you'd been.

No way I'm going to colonies on EU Pve.  I especially don't want to play the role of "Here's what it's like to start the game months after everyone else and find all the claims gone and the place spammed all to hell."  I keep wondering when people will stop evaluating the system like everyone starts at zero hour and consider what it will be like for new players. 

Colonies does seem a nice deal for megas.  The only problem is that the claim changes were supposed to help small companies and solos.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Lotus!  I wondered where you'd been.

No way I'm going to colonies on EU Pve.  I especially don't want to play the role of "Here's what it's like to start the game months after everyone else and find all the claims gone and the place spammed all to hell."  I keep wondering when people will stop evaluating the system like everyone starts at zero hour and consider what it will be like for new players. 

Colonies does seem a nice deal for megas.  The only problem is that the claim changes were supposed to help small companies and solos.

It needs some tuning but I feel it's way more balanced than the previous one. I believe the gold cost should go up by about 2x daily. This will make it so people will need to put more effort into holding islands. I also think the second island should add a mythos upkeep to the flag. The little islands got soaked up super quick but I think higher upkeep will make it so they change hands more. Some of the island values are screwed but all in all I think it's good so far and promising in the future.

~Lotus

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lotus said:

It needs some tuning but I feel it's way more balanced than the previous one. I believe the gold cost should go up by about 2x daily. This will make it so people will need to put more effort into holding islands. I also think the second island should add a mythos upkeep to the flag. The little islands got soaked up super quick but I think higher upkeep will make it so they change hands more. Some of the island values are screwed but all in all I think it's good so far and promising in the future.

~Lotus

I think they needed 2 kinds of pve servers a lot more than they needed 2 kinds of pvp servers.  That system isn't very good for small companies and solos, and there are a lot of us that still just want claims without having to own and police a whole island and pay a big gold cost.  We just want a non-griefed place to get set up so we can go be pirates or whatever else we want to do.

15 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I think they needed 2 kinds of pve servers a lot more than they needed 2 kinds of pvp servers.  That system isn't very good for small companies and solos, and there are a lot of us that still just want claims without having to own and police a whole island and pay a big gold cost.  We just want a non-griefed place to get set up so we can go be pirates or whatever else we want to do.

The new claim system makes it literally impossible for small companies to get and keep land. The new system is a complete fail. I went from owning a claim to now living in lawless on a EU server lol. Game is now wearing thin. Time to look for a new game. The Devs ruined their own game before it was ever released.

Lotus, it’s good to see you back, still sucks to see you like the new system and want to make it harder for solo/small companies to own land.  Before you get started on the “why don’t you go play unofficial or join a company campaign” conversation I’ll go ahead and stop you and tell you why are you ready - it’s because we don’t want to. It’s as simple as that. The new claim system sucks, you’ll find more people agreeing with that than you will disagreeing with it.  If you are part of a large company then you may like it, if you are solo then you probably won’t.

The player base jumped up after the patch was released, its slowly dying back off and it’s mostly due to the same reasons it did the last time, because people want their own piece of land, simple as that, they don’t want to join a large company, they like playing solo or with a small group of friends. 

I noticed that empire server bombed, guess that didn’t go as well as the developers hoped.

To be honest they did NA players a massive favour in that you'll have a much better understanding on how colonies work and owning islands in general. What went live from the PTR was barely comparable to the current server and they are still changing things.

Soon as the NA server comes up you'll know how many points each island is before hand, how many people you'll need to claim it and the gold cost. You also get the chance to explore all the new islands on EU to see if anything stands out as a potential new home to try grab as well.

However the one massive downside I can think of is that it'll be a ghost town. EU PVE is barely populated now, that initial rush is over and people are already getting bored. Imagine what it will be like when they split the PVE community...

I think the system itself is fine with some points adjustments on either island costs or how many a player is worth in a company.  My company is currently 6 people and we have what I feel is a nice island.  In some cases I've seen people complaining because a solo player wasn't able to get a 35 point island or 2 people wanting a 53 point island.  I'm sorry...but I don't feel they should be able too.  The whole problem with the last system was exactly that...people taking way more then was needed...simple human greed.  This system solves that...and if you want to own an island...you gotta work for it.  But I do agree there needs to be more small-middle islands. 

We have 2 settlers on our island...I don't think we've spoken to either of them because they are usually on when we aren't on.  We don't have an issue with anything they've done and we're glad to have them.  We have room for more without anyone crowding each other also.

• Like 1

Yeah some regions are nothing but 53 point islands and there definitely isn’t enough 15 point islands.  I’m not sure how each individual feels but those of you who have managed to claim an island would you be content if you were just a resident on someone else’s island who could restrict your building ideas or even where you build ?

From what I’m seeing those that own or are part of a company that owns an island are good with the new system but those who are living on someone else’s land aren’t at least for the majority. 

I won’t live on someone else’s land, regardless of how good of a land owner they may be, lawless would be more my favor if there was some kind of a build radius protection other then pillar spamming. 

The old claim system worked good for most people but it did need improvements made. Limited claim flags would have solved most issues.  Most people could have build a nice base, taming pen and barn on a single claim flag.  If people preferred to play as a group then allow a group of 10 to have 2 claims, a group of 20 to have 3 claims so on so forth.

If your going to play solo  to a company of 5 then you can manage with one claim, a small company 6 to 10 could manage with two claims, so on so forth.

That promotes joining a group to gain more land access and also solves the land issues.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Lotus, it’s good to see you back, still sucks to see you like the new system and want to make it harder for solo/small companies to own land.  Before you get started on the “why don’t you go play unofficial or join a company campaign” conversation I’ll go ahead and stop you and tell you why are you ready - it’s because we don’t want to. It’s as simple as that. The new claim system sucks, you’ll find more people agreeing with that than you will disagreeing with it.  If you are part of a large company then you may like it, if you are solo then you probably won’t.

The player base jumped up after the patch was released, its slowly dying back off and it’s mostly due to the same reasons it did the last time, because people want their own piece of land, simple as that, they don’t want to join a large company, they like playing solo or with a small group of friends. 

I noticed that empire server bombed, guess that didn’t go as well as the developers hoped.

Empires bombed cause the the old system was trash. What I think they should look into would be having island clusters where each little island would be claimable.  G10 and E10 have some I would use as an example.

13 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Yeah some regions are nothing but 53 point islands and there definitely isn’t enough 15 point islands.  I’m not sure how each individual feels but those of you who have managed to claim an island would you be content if you were just a resident on someone else’s island who could restrict your building ideas or even where you build ?

From what I’m seeing those that own or are part of a company that owns an island are good with the new system but those who are living on someone else’s land aren’t at least for the majority. 

I won’t live on someone else’s land, regardless of how good of a land owner they may be, lawless would be more my favor if there was some kind of a build radius protection other then pillar spamming. 

The old claim system worked good for most people but it did need improvements made. Limited claim flags would have solved most issues.  Most people could have build a nice base, taming pen and barn on a single claim flag.  If people preferred to play as a group then allow a group of 10 to have 2 claims, a group of 20 to have 3 claims so on so forth.

If your going to play solo  to a company of 5 then you can manage with one claim, a small company 6 to 10 could manage with two claims, so on so forth.

That promotes joining a group to gain more land access and also solves the land issues.

The minimum of an island should be 30 points and if you take more than 1 island they should add a mythos upkeep of 10% of the gold cost daily to hold multiple islands. Some of the mid sized companies have taken multiple small islands rather than an island that they should be on. The higher cost of small islands will make them not worth it for companies that shouldn't be on them to take them.

At this point I believe they will just fix point values and it will work out. They will most likely not go back to claim flags at this point because of how bad empires failed.

If I was a solo player I would actually prefer to live on other people's islands. A guy in my grid has a public garden for people. It's a win/win he gets food in his tax bank and other people don't need to worry about maintaining a farm or spending points on it.

~Lotus

• Like 3

Why not have it setup to where a company can only claim one island, instead of increasing the number of points a company has then force large companies to either downgrade in size or claim one of the larger islands.

Companies could split and then go with Lotus 1 and Lotus 2 to work around this but a single person wouldn’t be able to claim more then one island.  

Change the rule set to where each person who claims an island is the only one who can maintain the upkeep cost just like a solo player would have to. The island owner would have to log in every day to maintain the claim and police the island.

You again mentioned someone has a public garden and allows settlers to use it, I still haven’t gotten any younger so I still don’t need someone to hold my hand.

I love to play large mmo games & frankly prefer multilayer to single player which is what these games are designed for. I Have only recently started playing Atlas & love the theme of it in the role play sense for pve however the fact that it can take months to build up a base & ships experiencing the game to its fullest with other players  to then have all that time waisted by some ignorant developer who wipes a server just to maintain access for new players (rather than opening new official servers) is a major put off, I get that there are build limits & servers need to be kept un cluttered but that can be done by limiting companies to a few players who have also have build limits & also land claim limits also servers player caps reduced.. there is also a problem where some companies are preventing players from building docks etc by leaving unused boats on shore lines, Damn trolls..

As developers rather than wiping everyone's hard work You should be putting in the time to clean the servers of unused structures or ones deliberately placed to obstruct others when claim towers cannot... Get your Act together grapeshot...

On 4/11/2019 at 9:33 AM, Salty Jack said:

MYRMUDIN..... we did NOT get to play 2 weeks longer..... like everyone else we stopped when the wipe was announced.... the NA PVE server sat vacant 2 weeks longer.....

i can can explain it to you but I can’t understand it for you.... besides, one dumbasses whining is another mans feedback.....

If they were vacant 2 weeks Longer...  Doesn't that specifically mean you did in fact get 2 more weeks? But sure call other people a dumbass after saying something so stupid.

.im guessing based on your childish attitude and bs excuse that you are one of the devs?