Sign in to follow this  
MaulerTGD

NA PVE Disgrace

just wanted to thank grapeshot for the big middle finger they are giving the NA PVE players, forcing them to play on eu server with higher ping and more lag or to play pvp with all that nonsense. so glad you keep your customer base in mind when you make your ridiculous decisions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sheesh. Stop whining. The EU people lost their PvE server a week early for the PTR so it's only fair they get their PvE server online first while the new server is being installed. Think of it more like: You get to skip the first 2 weeks of bug fixes while you play on PvP or EU PvE.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

Sheesh. Stop whining. The EU people lost their PvE server a week early for the PTR so it's only fair they get their PvE server online first while the new server is being installed. Think of it more like: You get to skip the first 2 weeks of bug fixes while you play on PvP or EU PvE.

Not comparable, really.  Look at it this way -  first both EU and NA pve players get the short end of the stick.  EU pve gets wiped early, NA pve gets stuck playing on servers where nobody feels like doing anything because it's all going away within a week, and neither group gets a pve ptr to look at.  NA pve was a ghost town then, btw...nobody playing there either.  Next, there's finally a ptr for pve to look at but only for a couple days but at least at the end of that, the patch goes live and we're all back in business, right?  Except we're not.

There are only 2 things people have been waiting for - a sneak peek at the new stuff on ptr  (not a ton of interest there though), and getting past the wipe to live code on the live servers.  EU got their sneak peek at the same time as US, if they wanted one, but the US has to wait at least a couple more weeks to really play the game again, which is all anyone wanted.

Unless they move permanently to EU, which some will do, or choose to go mess around for 2 weeks on EU, which makes me feel bad for you all.  

• Like 1

MYRMUDIN..... we did NOT get to play 2 weeks longer..... like everyone else we stopped when the wipe was announced.... the NA PVE server sat vacant 2 weeks longer.....

i can can explain it to you but I can’t understand it for you.... besides, one dumbasses whining is another mans feedback.....

• Like 1

ALL servers are hosted in germany, so there is no reason for avoid the eu servers. Your ping wont getting better by playing on a NA server.

5 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

ALL servers are hosted in germany, so there is no reason for avoid the eu servers. Your ping wont getting better by playing on a NA server.

No they aren't. They look like they are, based on IP and flag, because of where Nitrado is based, but the NA servers are not in Germany.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Let me ask you this, why is either pve server sacrificed for pvp, not only did they take down the EU pve server to test a new pvp system but now they are turning our NA pve server into the new pvp system. 

Why the hell not use the new pvp system on the current pvp server or even better yet, why not announce the new pvp is going to be out in the next couple weeks when they get all the hardware and such that’s needed.

It’s BS and unless they would like to explain the reason behind this move then most people will probably have the same frame of mind as the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nobody is forcing NA ppl to play on EU servers. Is it that bad to wait for the PVE server in NA? I wouldn't understand it if NA players would join the EU server just because they couldn't wait for the NA PVE server. It actually will screw up the play for EU players, as i would assume a lot of NA players will switch to NA PVE when those server come up, so no reason to join EU PVE.

Edited by Brandonchat

People keep talking about playing like this game is session based and you can just go play over here or over there if your server disappears for a week or for 2 weeks.   In a game that's supposed to take a lot of time and grind and progression, that doesn't make any sense.  You can see what happened when the wipe was announced  when so many people dropped off.  No progress=no reason to play.   Anyone could have popped into the ptr servers just to see what the new features were like, but few did, because it's all about progress.

I don't think a ton of NA players are going to play there for two weeks, planning to just go back to NA after.  At most, I might go there for one day or so just to sail around and look at islands, but that's not "playing" the game.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EyEamInfidel said:

Did anyone else log in on NAPvE yesterday to find a boat removed from there company..

Fix the bugs...

There are a few threads on this. It isn't a bug (I thought it was too). They set ship decay at 6 hours of inactivity for testing. It was snuck into the PTR patch notes. Most of us missed it. 

As for the actual topic. I'm annoyed. Been waiting for, what? Almost two months? I want to get back into making videos, and I'm not waiting. I played two days on the PvP PTR and didn't really experience anything horrible (granted, not a great environment for judgment). I am not waiting two more weeks or whatever it ends up being. Instead, I'll be joining NA Colonies.

I haven't really experienced PvP in this game. I hear bad things. I'm taking the opportunity to try out PvP for a couple of weeks and I'll record. I've based my decision to go PvE on other people's opinions. I'll take the opportunity to form my own. If it sucks, I'll go back to PvE when we get it. But maybe it won't suck. Maybe I'll like it. I have no idea, but it'll be nice to know either way.

2 hours ago, Brandonchat said:

nobody is forcing NA ppl to play on EU servers. Is it that bad to wait for the PVE server in NA? I wouldn't understand it if NA players would join the EU server just because they couldn't wait for the NA PVE server. It actually will screw up the play for EU players, as i would assume a lot of NA players will switch to NA PVE when those server come up, so no reason to join EU PVE.

Your are right, no one forces us to do anything, no one forced us to buy a EA game and no one forced us to deal with all the bugs, lag, claim issues, griefing, exploits and the wipes.  We choose to deal with all that has happened and what will happen because we enjoy the game.

All most of us has ever asked for was for the developers to be fair in the choices they make for PvE and PvP alike,  we know they can’t make everyone happy but choosing to keep the NA pve server down for two more weeks makes absolutely no sense in any shape or form. That’s like saying we are taking the pvp servers down and those players will have to play pve. 

Where EU pve players will be in game and learning the new mechanics and starting to build their visions all the NA pve players can’t. So a few will go to the EU server to experience everything in preparation for where our server comes back up and others will try to pvp some.

There needs to be a line drawn at some point that the players are going to draw that makes the developers think more before they act. At least explain the reason behind their decisions.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JotaCe said:

As I said they "look like they are" but they aren't. It's because of where Nitrado is based. When you learn about how things like that work then you'll understand.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaulerTGD said:

just wanted to thank grapeshot for the big middle finger they are giving the NA PVE players

I agree.  You can justify their [ATLAS management/development] position all the different ways you want but in the end, this is simply showing the poor management, design and lack of experience the team working to create this game have become known for. 

Today, unlike back in 1997 (of which I started online gaming), having a PvE choice is considered a staple in design for games of this nature.  Segmenting off European, Asian and North American is common but not providing both, or even all three, is almost unheard of today (or even back then) for all the different rule sets servers host.

Edited by Anev
Cause typo's are my friend....
  • Like 2

how long have they known they would be needing 5 servers ?....

I don't know, but I bet it was long enough to have set up the extra server....

THATS why it feels like the middle finger....

• Like 4

Absolutely!!! They just gave us NA PVE players the biggest shaft right up the A** with no lube!!!

Edited by Sukmy johnson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just a few questions...

Why not make the colonies server wait...

Why bring up 3 pvp servers at once

Why not bring up the existing servers

Then get hardware for the "new" pvp server

20 hours ago, Shadowcub said:

There are a few threads on this. It isn't a bug (I thought it was too). They set ship decay at 6 hours of inactivity for testing. It was snuck into the PTR patch notes. Most of us missed it. 

Why would they set decay time for logged out people to 6 hrs thats absured..

Most productuve people is society cant play that much.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EyEamInfidel said:

Just a few questions...

Why not make the colonies server wait...

Why bring up 3 pvp servers at once

Why not bring up the existing servers

Then get hardware for the "new" pvp server

Why would they set decay time for logged out people to 6 hrs thats absured..

Most productuve people is society cant play that much.

Testing purposes. 😕

I played a good 12-13 hours yesterday on PvP Colonies and took a rafting trip from J10 to B10. Absolutely everyone I ran into was pleasant. I got a couple of offers to either build on people's islands and/or join companies, even after explaining why I was travelling and that I was coming from PvE.

Gotta say, blew me right out of the water (no pun intended). All I hear is about PvP players being assholes and grievers; so far, they've proved that wrong. I'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks, but I'm having a blast right now.