Sign in to follow this  
Salty Jack

WTF happened to the NA PVE server ?...

Throughout this entire process I have been patient and refrained from attacking the intelligence of the dev team.....

just read that NA has to wait 2 more weeks.... that “new hardware” is being set up.... I am pretty sure you had 4 servers already.... what happened  to the 4th server ?.... 

i am beyond pissed..... whichever dev signed off on this decision is a MORON......

• Like 1

😛 Welcome to the EU PvE Players, our server was gutted for the PvP PTR some time ago 😉 At least you guys get another 2 weeks of beta testing (EU PvE) and prolly avoid some of the drama...

I think most of us felt the same way when they left the NA server up and sacrificed EU server first, you got to play an extra week I think? Not sure why they can't put them up together but must be a reason for it. Probably fair EU goes up first.

It is simple, they are hedging their bets before paying for new resources. The game is B2p, they truly don't give two shits about you once you have hit "Pay Now." They are betting that the megas have been all talk and they won't have the population to keep Empires viable. So in a few weeks they will announce the wipe of Empires NA and swap it over to NA PVE. No additional cost to them beyond what they have budgeted for the year in staff to keep the bare bones bug filled mess this has been chugging along making them sweet dolla dolla bills.

25 minutes ago, Salty Jack said:

Throughout this entire process I have been patient and refrained from attacking the intelligence of the dev team.....

just read that NA has to wait 2 more weeks.... that “new hardware” is being set up.... I am pretty sure you had 4 servers already.... what happened  to the 4th server ?.... 

i am beyond pissed..... whichever dev signed off on this decision is a MORON......

I think they gave pve to Eu since they gave empires to na. Seems like the opposite would have been better

My bad.... I misread..... thought there was only 1 Colony server.....

let me take another stab at it.... 

so there are 3 PVP servers and 1 PVE server ?.....

did I get it right this time ?....

still pissed.....

once again I could be wrong but I seem to recall many posts from the PVP crowd calling for ONE PVP server.....

32 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I think most of us felt the same way when they left the NA server up and sacrificed EU server first, you got to play an extra week I think? Not sure why they can't put them up together but must be a reason for it. Probably fair EU goes up first.

I think it would have been better to get held back on the ptr than on the live launch.  I wouldn't have minded being late on the ptr so much. 

Oh wait...ALL of pve was late on the ptr.  

Do you think they're trying to tell us something?

38 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

They are betting that the megas have been all talk and they won't have the population to keep Empires viable. So in a few weeks they will announce the wipe of Empires NA and swap it over to NA PVE.

+100500

My wife plays Atlas with me but doesn’t read the forums or follow any of the “information” that is given to us by the Devs. So I read what I can and tell her what the plan is or what updates have be implemented. After this last announcement, she asked me if the game is being run by children. She is totally serious and I told her, yes. We bought a game that is fun to play but has the organization of a bunch of kids trying to get a game of kickball together at recess. It’s their ball, they are the captain’s and your getting picked last because you can’t catch

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

I think it would have been better to get held back on the ptr than on the live launch.  I wouldn't have minded being late on the ptr so much. 

Oh wait...ALL of pve was late on the ptr.  

Do you think they're trying to tell us something?

Well I'd have preferred them to put both back up together but for whatever reason they can't. I agree it might have been better to wait longer on the ptr than the live patch but unfortunately this is the way it has worked out.

I may be wrong, so tell me if I am. The PVE players have had a NA server to play on until the launch, even though it was in part the PTR. If the PVE players don't want to start again on the EU and then again on the NA, what do we have to play on for the next few weeks ? This along with the claiming system, proves the DEV's don't really care about the PVE community. We paid the same and deserve the same treatment, however welcome to EA, good excuse for everything.

I agree with unknownsystem, they will drop the empire and give us the remains. 

2 hours ago, Salty Jack said:

whichever dev signed off on this decision is a MORON......

this needed to be re-posted 

56 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

My wife plays Atlas with me but doesn’t read the forums or follow any of the “information” that is given to us by the Devs. So I read what I can and tell her what the plan is or what updates have be implemented. After this last announcement, she asked me if the game is being run by children. She is totally serious and I told her, yes. We bought a game that is fun to play but has the organization of a bunch of kids trying to get a game of kickball together at recess. It’s their ball, they are the captain’s and your getting picked last because you can’t catch

Yeah, disorganized children lol. In all my years of gaming I have never seen an EA, Alpha or Beta this F'ed up with so little Dev interaction with their own website. Its pretty much anyones guess as to WTF is going on at any given point. Other players have provided more information than the Devs have. Poor planning and management has killed this game before it ever started. What a mess.

• Like 1