What are the NA pve players doing for the next couple weeks? 

If your kinda lost on what I’m talking about, here is the info from the latest Captains Log:

Launch Information

As of right now, we are currently working on generating our release candidate. We expect that our entire network will be wiped and the patch made available on:

Thursday, the 11th of April at 10 AM PDT

For this relaunch, we'll be spooling up the following networks, completely fresh with no pre-existing data:

• Colonies: EU and NA Networks
  • PVE: EU Network
  • Empires: NA Network

We're currently in the midst of setting up hardware and expect that we'll be able to deploy an additional NA PvE network in a couple of weeks time. Please keep your eye on our social media, discord, and announcements through the night as we'll be sharing updates as we get closer to the launch time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Most likely there will be quite a few who join EU PvE just to get back into playing, mess about, then when NA PvE boots up they leave EU PvE and the mess they've made behind and go join NA PvE. We all know that is what will happen.

We are going to play around on eu pve a little bit and find where we want to start out, so when na pve goes up we know right where to head first. I'm kind of bummed about the news, but we waited this long, whats another couple of weeks.

Well honestly I feel like they pushed people into the PVP PTR when they took down the EU pve server and then the NA pve server, now I think they feel they have the numbers to run both pvp servers and that’s why the NA server is being placed on hold for a couple weeks instead of the new pvp server.

If NA pve players move to the EU pve server then what is really the point in bringing back up the NA pve server in the 1st place ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

Well honestly I feel like they pushed people into the PVP PTR when they took down the EU pve server and then the NA pve server, now I think they feel they have the numbers to run both pvp servers and that’s why the NA server is being placed on hold for a couple weeks instead of the new pvp server.

If NA pve players move to the EU pve server then what is really the point in bringing back up the NA pve server in the 1st place ?

Hello.
I stopped playing since the announcement of the wipe because I loved my slow progression, but with the wipe my progression would be lost so I gave up.
Since then I have visited the forums every day for news. I was happy that finally the update would come out, now I see that PVE NA Server will not exist for the moment.
Daemon Cross, will you play on EU Network? I always see your posts in this forum because I like your opinions.

Note: In NA PVE you gave me a flag for my and my wife, we are always grateful for this, +100 hours of fun there 😃

After waiting so long I have 2 options: 1) Try to play on the European server and who knows how lucky to find an island. 2) Give up the game and look for something else.
I will not wait "weeks" for a server.

• Like 3

So... to be clear... NA PVE wont be available to play anytime soon?... How could they have thought by the end of March. Now It's probably going to be sometime in May? I wish there was more transparency about whats going on. Whats wrong with the NA PVE servers that require so much extra time?

Edited by Teufel

One wacky decision after another from this bunch.  Finding out that NA pve was going to be down for a couple or a few weeks just to spin up hardware was the last thing I thought I'd see this morning.

It's gotten to the point where you can expect almost anything.

Ahoy, Pathfinders!  We are taking all the servers down for a month to add our new feature - rocket ships which can launch you to a whole new planet where you can claim land based on your height!  Short people get a grid, tall people get a rock!  And check out these new skins!  Dress like Pee Wee Herman, or a tiny pterodactyl!

:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it utter ridiculousness. they have zero knowledge of how to run a business and make nothing but one bad decision after another. now they've pretty much just screwed the NA PVE players and, if we want to play and not have to sit and watch all the spoilers pop up, forced us to play on european servers with high ping rates. utter garbage.

• Like 1

It was the last thing I expected to see also.... but hey.... we have 3 PVP servers to choose from......

• Haha 1

Well I’m not sure what the future plan is, will they merge EU and NA pve servers, will they go with just pvp servers with one being able to flag for pvp and the other two dedicated to pvp ?  Who really knows what the plan is, at times I think they wake up after a night of drinking and say to themselves “ I know what we can do “ and then it’s a rush to try and make their vision a reality. 

The downside to anything in life is really pretty simple, what is good for one, isn’t good for the other.  In this game trying to find a middle ground is a challenge in itself, I know I can normally adapt to anything I enjoy, if rules change then people adjust, it’s no different as the times change, we have to change with it.

Now we (NA pve players) can go to EU pve and play with them until this gets resolved and then they may end up having to come to the NA pve server and play the next time the developers have a brain fart.

I love the game and I enjoy every aspect of it except the claim system and I’ll continue to play until it either sinks or a life event changes it. There are other games coming out and other stuff to do but only time really knows what will happen.

I'm not sure how they even ended up in this situation.  It seems obvious that the existing NA PVE hardware is going to be used for one of the two NA PVP modes, but they announced that decision on March 18th and would have had to have decided that internally some amount of time prior to that.  So let's say they decided a month ago to add an additional set of PVP servers so they could run both Colonies and Empires.  I have no idea what a reasonable timeframe is to add hardware but the part they could have managed was the expectations.  You don't wait until Christmas morning to tell your kids Santa's sleigh is still two weeks out.

3 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

One wacky decision after another from this bunch.  Finding out that NA pve was going to be down for a couple or a few weeks just to spin up hardware was the last thing I thought I'd see this morning.

It's gotten to the point where you can expect almost anything.

Ahoy, Pathfinders!  We are taking all the servers down for a month to add our new feature - rocket ships which can launch you to a whole new planet where you can claim land based on your height!  Short people get a grid, tall people get a rock!  And check out these new skins!  Dress like Pee Wee Herman, or a tiny pterodactyl!

I'm with you to be on the first rocket ship out of here.

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

After waiting so long I have 2 options: 1) Try to play on the European server and who knows how lucky to find an island. 2) Give up the game and look for something else.

I don't think any of the regular players will be able to own an island. It's going to be worse than the PTR,  islands are going to be grabbed up so fast that 99% of players won't have a chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bandit439 said:

I'm not sure how they even ended up in this situation.  It seems obvious that the existing NA PVE hardware is going to be used for one of the two NA PVP modes, but they announced that decision on March 18th and would have had to have decided that internally some amount of time prior to that.  So let's say they decided a month ago to add an additional set of PVP servers so they could run both Colonies and Empires.  I have no idea what a reasonable timeframe is to add hardware but the part they could have managed was the expectations.  You don't wait until Christmas morning to tell your kids Santa's sleigh is still two weeks out.

Well put....

This thread needs a title change.  Notice that the announcement language has changed from a "couple" weeks to a "few" weeks.

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed that, are you playing? Which server ? I’m bored but I think I seen that a PTR was still up so I thought about trying to get into it

On 4/11/2019 at 8:18 AM, Winter Thorne said:

And check out these new skins!  Dress like Pee Wee Herman, or a tiny pterodactyl!

“The ‘P’ is silent, Randy.”

I cannot wait to dress like Pee Wee!

• Haha 1

I can see some EU players trying to get a claim on the NA PvE because they were unable to get one on EU PvE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Salty Del said:

I can see some EU players trying to get a claim on the NA PvE because they were unable to get one on EU PvE.

EU PvE will be wiped and put up togther with NA PvE, mark my words. It's a total bust the new claimsystem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Yeah I noticed that, are you playing? Which server ? I’m bored but I think I seen that a PTR was still up so I thought about trying to get into it

I don't think there are any ptrs up.  The player tracker shows a NA pve, but I think it's just got the name wrong.

3 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I don't think there are any ptrs up.  The player tracker shows a NA pve, but I think it's just got the name wrong.

Update is live, on both the default branch and the PTR branch on Steam. I recommend restarting your steam clients to download the patch. We'll be monitoring 🧐

posted in Twitter 

it just had me confused, I’ll play in the PTR until NA comes up

5 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

Update is live, on both the default branch and the PTR branch on Steam. I recommend restarting your steam clients to download the patch. We'll be monitoring 🧐

posted in Twitter 

it just had me confused, I’ll play in the PTR until NA comes up

I tried launching it with the ptr selected...just gave me the live servers to choose from.

I’m pretty sure the knew how many servers they were going to need several weeks ago at a minimum.....

so why did the not start building the 5th server then ?....

47 minutes ago, Salty Jack said:

I’m pretty sure the knew how many servers they were going to need several weeks ago at a minimum.....

so why did the not start building the 5th server then ?....

This may explain it - From Dollie "Think of it as a merged PvE network (because it has to be hosted somewhere) with a potential bonus merged one coming in the future shrug"   (From an earlier thread I posted)

If NA pve is only a potential bonus server, why start with it?  Would have been nice if someone had told us we were supposed to be merging though.

be careful now, i got banned from their discord server for saying these same things. their mod church did it.

19 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

This may explain it - From Dollie "Think of it as a merged PvE network (because it has to be hosted somewhere) with a potential bonus merged one coming in the future shrug"   (From an earlier thread I posted)

If NA pve is only a potential bonus server, why start with it?  Would have been nice if someone had told us we were supposed to be merging though.

Funny how they call it a "bonus", if I knew there wouldn't be a NA server, I wouldn't have bought the game.

There's a big difference playing with over 250 ping than playing with 160 (I'm from South America), and even more so with this game, which becomes a lag fest once 30+ players are in the same server.