INVALID

ATLAS: Mega-Update 1.5 Release Info

Jerryn

Message added by Jerryn

1 minute ago, Shadowcub said:

I actually do. This one, I missed. I apologize profusely for offending you so. And yet, I still cannot find this information in Captain's Log 25. Please, dear kindhearted and respectful sir of great knowledge, could you point me at where it reads this? 

No.

3 minutes ago, Shadowcub said:

I actually do. This one, I missed. I apologize profusely for offending you so. And yet, I still cannot find this information in Captain's Log 25. Please, dear kindhearted and respectful sir of great knowledge, could you point me at where it reads this? 

😉 It wasn't you btw, there are dozens of posts from people who lost their ships.. who also didn't read it or understand it.

The main problem with the logs, is the devs keep editing them on the sly.. one moment they say one thing, the next, they don't.

If you look at the very last line of Dollies Ptr post in the Ptr forum.  It says something like "150 company limit, 10 day decay rate tempory reduced to 6 hours for testing!"

I had to work out exactly what she meant and to do so, I waited on an island next to an offline player who had a ship.  At exactly 6 hours offline time, his ship vanished.

Edited by Martyn
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gnihar said:

The only normal time is my time, while all other times are abnormal times.

Translated to normal time, the wipe is happening any time between 19:30 and 20:00, which would equal 6:30-7 pm London time.

With a global playerbase, I'm surprised more companies don't give their local time and UTC. *Hint hint, nudge nudge*

6 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Lol, its not out.

Yet.

ow, yeah, uhm, the twitter said 2PM EST 😕 around 40 min more, then 2 hs more, then 2 days, then 1 week, noooooo

5 minutes ago, Martyn said:

😉

The main problem with the logs, is the devs keep editing them on the sly.. one moment they say one thing, the next, they don't.

If you look at the very last line of Dollies Ptr post in the Ptr forum.  It says something like "150 company limit, 10 day decay rate tempory reduced to 6 hours for testing!"

Ah. The PTR post. In the PTR forum. Not in the logs. Thank you for actually being kindhearted and helpful (in case my oozing sarcasm was missed in the previous post).

Edited by Shadowcub
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Shadowcub said:

With a global playerbase, I'm surprised more companies don't give their local time and UTC. *Hint hint, nudge nudge*

Will ye stop nudging me, *giggles like a little girl* 😉

As I said there is only 1 normal time, aka my time. What Marty spreads on here is a heresy.

Edited by gnihar
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

We have to stay in the beta test ( PTR ( 

or we have to back in the normal game pls ^^ ?

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Well all official servers are down now in preparation.

Yep all has been stripped down, even the PTR. Shame really, for I wanted to quickly test something.

2 minutes ago, Berzou said:

I have reverted back, it's a 3.1gb download, so you might want to do that now.   Then wait for the official release download.  You'd not want to download it twice etc.  At the same time..

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1

Just now, Berzou said:

go out of the beta.. atleast i had to do that for steam to begin downloading

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Berzou said:

Dollie, on Twitter, advised to stay opted in to PTR because it will roll you back to the current live version and make you download extra data.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shadowcub said:

Dollie, on Twitter, advised to stay opted in to PTR because it will roll you back to the current live version and make you download extra data.

Too late now. See, what happens when the devs don't communicate on their official forums. Hot mess. Those devs seem to be in a constant panic mode...sigh.

Edited by gnihar
  • Sad 2

Yeh but that data will be deleted later.  You could just wait in ptr.. for the update version, then jump back to download the official version.

Still think the safest bet is to opt out, and download the correct version when it hits steam.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Too late now. See, what happens when the devs don't communicate on their official forums. Hot mess. Those devs seem to be in a constant panic mode...sigh.

Just opt back in. I had to do this and it was like a 15-20 minute download... So some info stays...

1 minute ago, gnihar said:

Still think the safest bet is to opt out, and download the correct version when it hits steam.

Yeh that was my view as well.  Even tho it means downloading old data etc.  It should update correctly.  The only alternative will be to wipe and reinstall.  Or use file validate.

Place your bets! What do you think will go wrong as they wipe, deploy, and bring ATLAS: 1.5 servers online?

2 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Please guys for future's sake use the ofical forum. Many of us do not use social networks or similar milennial stuff. It's what forums are for, right? Thanks for the info though.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1

Plus it gives us something else to do whilst waiting.. that said.. there's dishes in my kitchen that need cleaned...and I'm getting the evil eyes from the couch..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Martyn said:

Plus it gives us something else to do whilst waiting.. that said.. there's dishes in my kitchen that need cleaned...and I'm getting the evil eyes from the couch..

These eyes from the coucch are the real danger. Beware of them o traveler!

2 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Place your bets! What do you think will go wrong as they wipe, deploy, and bring ATLAS: 1.5 servers online?

PPPIIIINNNGGGGG!!!!

• Haha 1