INVALID

ATLAS: Mega-Update 1.5 Release Info

Jerryn

Message added by Jerryn

6 minutes ago, Arcada said:

That's my guess but it's stupid to put it on EU lmao. Also it'll never work...too many enjoy PVE more than PVP...And as such PVE is always full of griefers who will just foundation block every island they can as quickly as they can. Die, build foundations, place foundations, die spawn elsewhere, repeat. They'll do it everywhere....And since they're forcing NA to basically play on EU, well it robs EU PVE players from getting anything since it's "launching" the update in a more NA favorable time. So all the NA griefers will just claim everything so EU can't and they'll have killed two of their 4 communities because of their fuck up.

Not a bad plan....let's do it!

1 minute ago, vaylain said:

Not a bad plan....let's do it!

Sure! lmao Lets show them just how bad they fucked up on this by claiming all of EU and making EU PVE players pissed too! You know, that's exactly what's gonna happen too. They're gonna have all of the EU PVE server claimed by NA players who will just claim it and leave just to show their failure on this update. The few that will build anything big on EU PVE will stay there, so whenever they finally relaunch the NA one 4 years from now, it won't have any players wanting to play on it just because they'll be bored to death with the game by then. So I guess in a way they get what they want, one PVE server since they don't give a crap about their larger communities. But, they'll still have all the EU PVE players pissed off, and that just kills that side of their game. Bottom line, they can't afford the servers so they're trying to cut an entire community by merging it with one on the other side of the world....it's just stupid.

They would be far better off launching 2 100 server regional servers rather than 1 EU 200 server regional server. Same cost, but covers both communities and no one would really complain since 100 grids is still a crap ton of space for everyone in the low player base of both communities.

I can't figure out why some of you are so concerned about how many players will be back on servers once the officials arrive. What does it really matter to you? Are you worried that you won't find an island to call home? Are you worried that there won't be enough players around to have constant PvP? I don't get it.

Anyways, i'm not sure what the other big companies have planned or what they expect their numbers to be but I for one am certain that we will have at least 40 of our original members back in game today once the servers become available. During the PTR barely any of us played, and this was the case for the vast majority of other big companies as well.

I am also certain that ALL of the best islands, as far as the most valuable/quantity of resources, closeness to lawless and freeports, and overall terrain quality, will be going to the big dogs once again. Within the 1st 30 minutes that the servers are up, we will have many schooners and brigs fully built, a main base with defenses, and plenty of extra resources. I'm also very happy at the fact that the leaders/admins have all given the ok to dominate the solo/small tribes. 

Happy Sailing!

2 minutes ago, MikeDitka said:

I can't figure out why some of you are so concerned about how many players will be back on servers once the officials arrive. What does it really matter to you? Are you worried that you won't find an island to call home? Are you worried that there won't be enough players around to have constant PvP? I don't get it.

Anyways, i'm not sure what the other big companies have planned or what they expect their numbers to be but I for one am certain that we will have at least 40 of our original members back in game today once the servers become available. During the PTR barely any of us played, and this was the case for the vast majority of other big companies as well.

I am also certain that ALL of the best islands, as far as the most valuable/quantity of resources, closeness to lawless and freeports, and overall terrain quality, will be going to the big dogs once again. Within the 1st 30 minutes that the servers are up, we will have many schooners and brigs fully built, a main base with defenses, and plenty of extra resources. I'm also very happy at the fact that the leaders/admins have all given the ok to dominate the solo/small tribes. 

Happy Sailing!

Eh I'm PVE so I couldn't care less which PVP or PVE companies come back. Sadly on PVE all the islands will be claimed by one person who just respawns and places foundations everywhere as per usual. 

But yeah, idk why so many think the original companies who enjoyed playing won't be back when it's live again (with exception to NA PVE of course since we're being excluded entirely). Everyone stopped playing because of the wipe announcement, not because they got sick of the game for the most part. Also your statement about domination of the smaller tribes, lol, what smaller tribes? They're not gonna play on Empires, or whichever one these bigger companies are gonna play on because the odds are too uneven. Also since they're splitting PVP into Empires and Colonies, they're dividing the PVP communities on half and they weren't that large to begin with. I'd be surprised if you'd have any resistance whatsoever when claiming lots of territory.

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

ofc you ping was ok, the average total players has been 2.5k players since weeks ago thats 12 players per grid lol

On NA PVE I had pings of 255 in some lawless zones. I don't think its gonna be any different whether its EU or NA. I honestly don't think they are gonna hit the 40k mark for that server. I'd say maybe 10k. More people seem to like the PVP environment. I'm still not worried about it being on an EU server. 

8 minutes ago, Arcada said:

Eh I'm PVE so I couldn't care less which PVP or PVE companies come back. Sadly on PVE all the islands will be claimed by one person who just respawns and places foundations everywhere as per usual. 

But yeah, idk why so many think the original companies who enjoyed playing won't be back when it's live again (with exception to NA PVE of course since we're being excluded entirely). Everyone stopped playing because of the wipe announcement, not because they got sick of the game for the most part. Also your statement about domination of the smaller tribes, lol, what smaller tribes? They're not gonna play on Empires, or whichever one these bigger companies are gonna play on because the odds are too uneven. Also since they're splitting PVP into Empires and Colonies, they're dividing the PVP communities on half and they weren't that large to begin with. I'd be surprised if you'd have any resistance whatsoever when claiming lots of territory.

Empires will be mostly empty.

The vast majority of players on Colonies are solo/small companies. It's been that way since launch and through this PTR. Especially now since there's no NA PvE yet, there will be more bobs than ever. Easy pickins.

Since you play PvE, foundation/pillar spamming, claiming land, getting griefed, etc isn't 1/10 is bad as it is on PvP. Good players always adapt. Those who can't, well they will be playing with you.

4 minutes ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

On NA PVE I had pings of 255 in some lawless zones. I don't think its gonna be any different whether its EU or NA. I honestly don't think they are gonna hit the 40k mark for that server. I'd say maybe 10k. More people seem to like the PVP environment. I'm still not worried about it being on an EU server. 

I had ping of like 500 on EU server with no one in the grid, so yeah terrible decision to only launch an EU PVE server. And my internet is 100 down 55 up so it's not my internet or pc that causes that ping, it's the region and server system they use which is crap and unstable to begin with. Since the player base has dropped out quite a bit, I don't see a point in them launching it with only one PVE server that's twice the size....just give us both regions at the original size....none of us would complain. I'd rather have a lag free server than one that's larger and unstable because it's a EU server. Suuuure they say they'll have the NA one back up in a few weeks, but based on their ETA's that's more like 6 months, in which case there will be a good 30 or more other games more interesting to play. It's just stupid in every way. They're cutting the PVP communities in half, and they're trying to merge both PVE communities into a server that only favors one region while the other suffers horrible lag and stability problems. It just doesn't work that way....

1 minute ago, MikeDitka said:

Empires will be mostly empty.

The vast majority of players on Colonies are solo/small companies. It's been that way since launch and through this PTR. Especially now since there's no NA PvE yet, there will be more bobs than ever. Easy pickins.

Since you play PvE, foundation/pillar spamming, claiming land, getting griefed, etc isn't 1/10 is bad as it is on PvP. Good players always adapt. Those who can't, well they will be playing with you.

Of course. I just choose not to play PVP because I'm a very tiny group of 4 people literally can't do much with only 4 people against groups that are 20-50 players. We're not gonna join anyone else because we like our tiny group, and that's how we play every game. But yes, sadly you're right for sure. PVP griefing will be hella worse, Empires is a complete irrelevent server network since maybe 3 large companies will even make use of it, and the PVE groups will be flooded with the PVP failures when it actually launches the NA PVE server. Because it's going to be several weeks after everyone else....we're gonna be flooded with all those that can't handle the PVP servers....it's just stupid. All servers should get the update at the same time for complete fairness....but because how they're doing it, once NA PVE is updated, they will just fill it with the failed PVP griefers, who will of course foundation/pillar spam every island they can and block freeport piers so ships can't be spawned or enter there. 

This is how you effectively kill a game lmao in like every way. I guess we'll find out when they actually launch the NA PVE server....but am pretty sure it'll be exactly like that. 

2 minutes ago, war machine said:

My problem is they decided to screw the usa out of pve,

they should of delayed empires and kept pve usa

delay? they should just toss it, I havent seen one person say they are playing it

26 minutes ago, Arcada said:

Of course. I just choose not to play PVP because I'm a very tiny group of 4 people literally can't do much with only 4 people against groups that are 20-50 players. We're not gonna join anyone else because we like our tiny group, and that's how we play every game. But yes, sadly you're right for sure. PVP griefing will be hella worse, Empires is a complete irrelevent server network since maybe 3 large companies will even make use of it, and the PVE groups will be flooded with the PVP failures when it actually launches the NA PVE server. Because it's going to be several weeks after everyone else....we're gonna be flooded with all those that can't handle the PVP servers....it's just stupid. All servers should get the update at the same time for complete fairness....but because how they're doing it, once NA PVE is updated, they will just fill it with the failed PVP griefers, who will of course foundation/pillar spam every island they can and block freeport piers so ships can't be spawned or enter there. 

This is how you effectively kill a game lmao in like every way. I guess we'll find out when they actually launch the NA PVE server....but am pretty sure it'll be exactly like that. 

That attitude isn't very healthy. I would like to think that many players are looking forward to the NA PvE servers because by that time, everyone will be familiar with the new changes and want a fresh start with a leg up. Players who don't want to be on a private RP server will also join, as well as those who prefer PvP but aren't good smart enough to survive. 

I don't think you meant to talk down to the 4 man companies on PvP but i can tell you that there are many small companies such as yourself that do very well on PvP. There was a team of 4 that lived on F-5 during launch week and they gave the chinese all they can handle before moving south and creating a mini-tribe of 8 that ended up being very successful and respected.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, war machine said:

My problem is they decided to screw the usa out of pve,

they should of delayed empires and kept pve usa

I quite agree. It should have been the empires that was delayed - or even colonies which might force the Megas onto empires in the first place

8 hours ago, Kummba said:

Yes, then in 1-2 month you can strat over on NA PVE.

Us EU Player will then have to wait 3 weeks to get your land. I Hope PVE will not be to crowded at the start.

For all of you EU PvE players, Not all of us who might play on the EU server are going to leave, true, but then not all of us want to claim land. We have already decided to rebuild in lawless, and IF we stay on EU, will do the same. 

I just don't understand why they didn't have this hardware ready to go already for NA PvE. Pretty dumb.. 

Sorry EU peoples.... 😞 I promise not all of us NA peeps are so bad lol

And one other thing to the Devs: 

Your idea of the new claim system is NOT what the majority asked for for PvE. I just want to clarify this.

what's up with the 50% tax rates for pve? except for landlords, there is no point for anyone to play the game, it should be removed completely if someone wants to build something they should farm resources themselves.  I really don't understand what's up in the mind of who makes these design decisions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Treat NA PVE player 100% the same as other server player or dont update at all . WE are not low life player, we pay the same amount as other , a lot of us are playing since day 1 . Empire launch could have wait a few week instead of NA PVE . You are disrespecting a lots of players Devs . Have a nice day , cause i'm really don't have a good one right now . 

4 hours ago, Talono said:

Due to the player numbers they will rather reduce to 3 servers, one for each game mode. If Empire fails they will reduce to 2.

Now you are getting close to what I think will happen. 

Question:  Has Jat or Dollie mentioned they ordered more hardware to support NA PvE?  I have not seen this mentioned.  If it has not then people are assuming this is the case.

My theory is they are anticipating Empires failing and will call it such and wipe it.  It will then become NA PvE.  No new hardware required.

Just now, DocHolliday said:

Now you are getting close to what I think will happen. 

Question:  Has Jat or Dollie mentioned they ordered more hardware to support NA PvE?  I have not seen this mentioned.  If it has not then people are assuming this is the case.

My theory is they are anticipating Empires failing and will call it such and wipe it.  It will then become NA PvE.  No new hardware required.

They have mentioned they are in the process of setting up the additional hardware, as per the captain's log in this topic.....

I missed that part.  "Additional" does seem a bit ambiguous. 

Edited by DocHolliday

9 minutes ago, McMozart1 said:

Treat NA PVE player 100% the same as other server player or dont update at all . WE are not low life player, we pay the same amount as other , a lot of us are playing since day 1 . Empire launch could have wait a few week instead of NA PVE . You are disrespecting a lots of players Devs . Have a nice day , cause i'm really don't have a good one right now . 

Something tells me that you're skipping school right now. You might not want to miss anymore english or spelling classes.

9 minutes ago, McMozart1 said:

are you serious ? the eupve server was closed for 15 days and then hosted the test server for a week. so 3 weeks without a server eupve, and you dare to complain about not being treated like the others?

ok so if I'm very bad at pvp  (lag way too much) and just wanna focus on PVE and this will be my first character on ATLAS besides a few hours on PTR.  Other than that I just purchased ARK like last month so I'm a "Bob" to all of this haha.  Anyways what would any of you guys suggest I'd do?

ALSO I"D LOVE TO FIND SOME PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH. I"VE BEEN SOLO FOR SOLO LONG 🙂

Edited by PQQT
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nevets said:

AN ADDITIONAL NA PvE network. NA PvE will then have 2 servers on different start dates... maybe.

That's how i read it.

(Also, no lag on PTR-EU-PVE server for some reason...in case I'm wrong 🙂 )

9 hours ago, eriosgamer said:

We need to unsubscribe to the beta to get the proper patch?

That's what I did and then a Big 3.2 Gb update started.

Edited by PQQT

6 minutes ago, PQQT said:

ok so if I'm very bad at pvp  (lag way too much) and just wanna focus on PVE and this will be my first character on ATLAS besides a few hours on PTR.  Other than that I just purchased ARK like last month so I'm a "Bob" to all of this haha.  Anyways what would any of you guys suggest I'd do?

ALSO I"D LOVE TO FIND SOME PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH. I"VE BEEN SOLO FOR SOLO LONG 🙂

If you want to try to hook up on NA PvP, I'll be there at least until NA PvE launches. Shoot me a PM or Discord @Shadowcub.