INVALID

ATLAS: Mega-Update 1.5 Release Info

Jerryn

Message added by Jerryn

large.ATLAS_1.5_Final-5.jpg

Ahoy Pathfinders!

We just wanted to give you a quick update on where we're at with this upcoming major version release!

The team and the community have been extensively running the latest update through its paces on our Public Test Realm in tandem with our internal testing and bug fixing. We've found the PTR to be highly beneficial for our team, and because of you guys, we have been able to identify many bugs and resolve them before the update officially launching on our main network. So thank you very much, we truly appreciate all the support and feedback you've shown us, especially over the past week!

We're very eager to get this patch out and it's not too far away. ATLAS has been revised and re-envisioned in this Mega-Update 1.5, which is the culmination of 3 months of live feedback from players since launch! To read about the upcoming features, check out our patch notes:

Launch Information

As of right now, we are currently working on generating our release candidate. We expect that our entire network will be wiped and the patch made available on:

Thursday, the 11th of April at 10 AM PDT

For this relaunch, we'll be spooling up the following networks, completely fresh with no pre-existing data:

• Colonies: EU and NA Networks
  • PVE: EU Network
  • Empires: NA Network

We're currently in the midst of setting up hardware and expect that we'll be able to deploy an additional NA PvE network in a couple of weeks time. Please keep your eye on our social media, discord, and announcements through the night as we'll be sharing updates as we get closer to the launch time.

Additionally, for those of you who are just beginning your ATLAS journey, we recommend you wait until the update has launched and keep an eye on Steam if you er...value your booty. 😉

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

Grapeshot Games

🏴☠️For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information🏴☠️

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

For those of us who have been out of the loop, when exactly do we want to log in before the wipe to get the special veteran tester hat and what not.

• Like 3

Good morning, my comment that concerns me the most is knowing if ATLAS starts with this new Mega-update, everything previously achieved in these 3 months of play is lost ?, or on the contrary when we enter the game we will continue to have our animals, houses , treasures and boats.
Thank you
I'm waiting for an answer

54 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

For this relaunch, we'll be spooling up the following networks, completely fresh with no pre-existing data:

• Colonies: EU and NA Networks
  • PVE: EU Network
  • Empires: NA Network

So from what I'm reading, if I want to play PvE, I've got to do so on the EU network?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Draalei said:

So from what I'm reading, if I want to play PvE, I've got to do so on the EU network?

Keep reading: "we'll be able to deploy an additional NA PvE network in a couple of weeks time"

Correct Draale. I was on it during the PVP PTR. Ping was actually pretty good. Think I was sitting at 50-60 most zones. NA PVE will be up in a few weeks. They need more hardware for that one.

3 minutes ago, Nyt said:

Keep reading: "we'll be able to deploy an additional NA PvE network in a couple of weeks time"

OK.  I guess I'll get with my friends and see if they want to play on the EU network, or wait another couple of weeks and play on an NA network.  I know they won't want to start on one, and then start over on another.

8 minutes ago, Nanet25 said:

Good morning, my comment that concerns me the most is knowing if ATLAS starts with this new Mega-update, everything previously achieved in these 3 months of play is lost ?, or on the contrary when we enter the game we will continue to have our animals, houses , treasures and boats.
Thank you
I'm waiting for an answer

They are wiping everything and everyone will start over brand new. The entire  map will be different in that they have added a lot more islands and the claiming system is totally different etc. Its similar to other large games that wipe whenever there is a major change or update to the game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Draalei said:

Yes, then in 1-2 month you can strat over on NA PVE.

Us EU Player will then have to wait 3 weeks to get your land. I Hope PVE will not be to crowded at the start.

No No No No No

What a stupid idea....

You don't bring up the EU and NA PvE servers a few weeks apart, that is a receipe for disaster.

What will happen is you'll get  flood of NA players on the EU servers resulting in a bunch of islands being claimed for a few weeks by NA players who will then leave. (This will piss off some of the EU players)

Then not all the NA players will leave for the NA server on it's launch and that will mean lower population on the NA server. (That will piss off the NA players)

This is literally the worst way to launch a mmorpg game, and I've played over 50 of the damn things.

Either delay both PvE servers or launch without the Empire server.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Ping was actually pretty good. Think I was sitting at 50-60 most zones.

Was testing on the NA server from EU, Ping was also reported as that, BUT game feels like >300ms. IT can physically not be 50ms btw.

Edited by Kummba

You've had weeks to realize that you would need both NA and EU for both PVE and PVP...plus Empires. Why the delay on NA PVE? Because it was literally the last thing you thought about because you don't give a crap about PVE. Let me guess, as you were putting together this post you realized you wouldn't have enough servers for all the modes you are implementing. Spectacular forethought there...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, True Sonja said:

What will happen is you'll get  flood of NA players on the EU servers resulting in a bunch of islands being claimed for a few weeks by NA players who will then leave. (This will piss off some of the EU players)

Lol now you guys get to know how Paul Revere felt when you guys invaded us back in the day XD

57 minutes ago, Draalei said:

we'll be able to deploy an additional NA PvE network in a couple of weeks time"

AN ADDITIONAL NA PvE network. NA PvE will then have 2 servers on different start dates... maybe.

Edited by Nevets

1 minute ago, Nevets said:

AN ADDITIONAL NA PvE network. NA PvE will then have 2 servers on different start dates.

Don't be silly, that just means an additional network that will be NA PvE. It doesn't mean 2 NA PvE networks.

2 minutes ago, Nevets said:

AN ADDITIONAL NA PvE network. NA PvE will then have 2 servers on different start dates.

• Colonies: EU and NA Networks
  • PVE: EU Network
  • Empires: NA Network

Do you see NA PVE anywhere in that?

It's an additional network (additional to the 4 networks they already have, which will not include NA PVE) that will be based in NA. Not 2 networks for NA PVE. They are skipping NA PVE because they forgot about the need for an additional server network.

These logs are more interpretable than the Bible

Edited by Nevets
  • Haha 2

PVP: Empires (northern half) Colonies (Southern half)

Now that would actually have made sense.

4 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

No they aren't, it literally listed in bullet point which servers are releasing today, how is that in anyway interpretable?

I ignored the things I didn't want to be real.

• Like 2

So 5pm Uk Gmt.. good if I goto sleep now.. I'll wake up around then.

Good morning, sorry for the question, but I'm quite new to this, and I would like to know the difference between PVE EU and NA
Thank you