INVALID

ATLAS: Mega-Update 1.5 Release Info

Jerryn

Message added by Jerryn

4 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Correct Draale. I was on it during the PVP PTR. Ping was actually pretty good. Think I was sitting at 50-60 most zones. NA PVE will be up in a few weeks. They need more hardware for that one.

ofc you ping was ok, the average total players has been 2.5k players since weeks ago thats 12 players per grid lol

38 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

So what do you think?  Did they run out of money already, or did someone just fail to anticipate how many servers they'd need until last night?

it was a PTR, what were you expecting from something that has the word TEST on it?

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

There won't be any griefers.. devs have a plan for them.

thats is as posible as god having a plan for the bad guys, so good luck with that.

24 minutes ago, mishma said:

Then, do you think it's better to delete the game and reinstall it?

what for? and why the red big letters? are you a kid?

Edited by The D Legacy

2 hours ago, TokaDaddy said:

If this game is  anything like ARK  half the entertainment comes from griefing and will always be present. 

Home it comes to consoles soon 

yet some people seem to not wanting to accept it tho, its sad such a great project (bought by almost 60k players) ends up with a average of 5k as ark (with many of those 5k being ark players)

3 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

ofc you ping was ok, the average total players has been 2.5k players since weeks ago thats 12 players per grid lol

it was a PTR, what were you expecting from something that has the word TEST on it?

You've missed the point.

If you only have enough hardware to run 4 of the 6 server types you want to have in EA, and it takes X weeks to get hardware, wouldn't you have ordered the hardware to be ready in time for your 4/11 mega-patch launch?

I can see maybe only putting up one Empire server because everyone was saying they weren't going to play on it.  But still, what kind of project planning is it to not have your hardware ready?

Has nothing to do with ptr.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

You've missed the point.

If you only have enough hardware to run 4 of the 6 server types you want to have in EA, and it takes X weeks to get hardware, wouldn't you have ordered the hardware to be ready in time for your 4/11 mega-patch launch? 

I can see maybe only putting up one Empire server because everyone was saying they weren't going to play on it.  But still, what kind of project planning is it to not have your hardware ready? 

Has nothing to do with ptr.

i didnt state my opinion about the game in deep on that post because it was unrelated but the right answer would have been, what do you expect from a game that almost 4 months into early acces still is in this state?, i mean SATISFACTORY has been in early acces 1 month and its initial state at early access release was way better than the current state of ATLAS so what could you expect, that goes with no mention of the huge ammount of feedback that has been ignored, even tho is surprising they dont have the hardware ready to be deployed (if that is the case) my expectations in this project are so low that even that barely amazes me.

Edited by The D Legacy

5 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

i didnt state my opinion about the game in deep on that post because it was unrelated but the right answer would have been, what do you expect from a game that almost 4 months into early acces still is in this state?, i mean SATISFACTORY has been in early acces 1 month and its initial state at early access release was way better than the current state of ATLAS so what could you expect, that goes with no mention of the huge ammount of feedback that has been ignored, even tho is surprising they dont have the hardware ready to be deployed (if that is the case) my expectations in this project are so low that even that barely amazes me.

WTF is satisfactory. Wait...no need to reply, because no one cares.

1 minute ago, Kane said:

WTF is satisfactory. Wait...no need to reply, because no one cares.

ofc you dont, the difference betwen ignorant people and knowledgeable people is not the knowledge itself but caring about it 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

ofc you dont, the difference betwen ignorant people and knowledgeable people is not the knowledge itself but caring about it 😉

Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Colonies: EU and NA Networks
  • PVE: EU Network
  • Empires: NA Network

Again some half-baked stuff.... So now the EU pve servers is gonna get over crowded by other regions... so again the same scenario for people who have a normal WORKING DAY life...  Every island, even if there is 40% more landmass is gonna be overrun...

Well i was coming here to look how the "new start" was gonna work out... but im not gonna get myself hyped like the first time... games enough to play meanwhile

Edited by Zappa

I dont think that a reinstall of the game is neccessary, these devs seem to be kind of semi-competent at least.

I am a bit worried about the number of players who come back into the game.

Filling all 5 server with 40.000 players each would mean that they need 200.000 Atlas players.....

The reason for the NA PVE server to come later is clear : They have the infrastructure for 4 servers right now, thats the 4 current servers.

I doubt that we will see a NA PVE server.

Due to the player numbers they will rather reduce to 3 servers, one for each game mode. If Empire fails they will reduce to 2.

Edited by Talono

1 minute ago, Talono said:

I dont think that a reinstall of the game is neccessary, these devs seem to be kind of semi-competent at least.

I am a bit worried about the number of players who come back into the game.

Filling all 5 server with 40.000 players each would mean that they need 200.000 Atlas players.....

dude what? xD be happy if the total ammount come even close to 5k lol

3 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

dude what? xD be happy if the total ammount come even close to 5k lol

HaHa, very true. If they do another wipe Atlas is doomed completely.

For now i am happy with few players on Empires, dont need hundred gankers while building up 😉

• Like 1

Do you stop PTR servers at 10 AM and start new servers in 0 seconds?

I think that this game will lose people because they made such an unplanned announcement.

Service to players is not polite.

Even from the number of bugs ...💩

5 hours ago, Nanet25 said:

Good morning, my comment that concerns me the most is knowing if ATLAS starts with this new Mega-update, everything previously achieved in these 3 months of play is lost ?, or on the contrary when we enter the game we will continue to have our animals, houses , treasures and boats.
Thank you
I'm waiting for an answer

Have you been stuck under a rock or something? They are wiping EVERYTHING, enjoy losing all your stuff dude.

1 minute ago, Than0s said:

Have you been stuck under a rock or something? They are wiping EVERYTHING, enjoy losing all your stuff dude.

he just got out of the cave, be kind 😂

23 minutes ago, gomugomu said:

I think that this game will lose people because they made such an unplanned announcement.

Gosh man, really? This is complaining for the sake of complaining.

28 minutes ago, gomugomu said:

do you really think those who didnt stop playing after losing 3 months worth of work would quit because there was no announcement of the PTR ending? 😂

I am pretty damned pissed off Grapeshot. I was not impressed with the month-long wait to play, the wipe, and now the completely unnecessary "MEGA" patch/major game change. I was extremely vocal and persistent, requesting for an official word about the ATLAS: 1.5 re-launch so that we would have a few days notice, enough time to maybe plan for the day off from work and you could not even give us, your faithful fans and customers, this courtesy. Instead, you snuck in the information concerning the relaunch late into the night, early morning of the actual day for the launch? Screw you, it is very clear how you remain inconsiderate and disrespectful to your customer base and can care a less if this game fails, so I no longer will either...At this rate, ATLAS deserves to fail.

I foresee a disaster of a relaunch anyways and am hopeful that you continue to piss off the other half of your fanbase and customers alike. Cheers!

PS> Let's see if they will even remember to give us that crappy hat they had promised us earlier last month...

Edited by vaylain

1 minute ago, vaylain said:

I am pretty damned pissed off Grapeshot. I was not impressed with the month-long wait to play, the wipe, and now the completely unnecessary "MEGA" patch/major game change. I continued to request for an official word about the ATLAS: 1.5 re-launch so that I could plan for the day off from work and you could not even give us, your faithful fans and customers, significant warning. Instead, you sneak in the relaunch information late into the night to the early morning of the actual day for the launch? Screw you, it is very clear how you remain inconsiderate and respectful to your customer base and can care a less if this game fails, so I no longer will either...At this rate, ATLAS deserves to fail.

I foresee a disaster of a relaunch anyways and am hopeful that you continue to piss off the other half of your fanbase and customers alike. Cheers!

To be fair, they did have an ETA for the 11th on the patch notes for about 4 days now. That was their announcement, albeit they didn't make it widely known and did sneak it into that post, but there was word about it being relaunched today a few days ago.

But yeah I agree, it's gonna be a disaster and even worse since they're excluding an entire community of some 6000 players on NA PVE.....what a dumb decision.

2 minutes ago, Arcada said:

To be fair, they did have an ETA for the 11th on the patch notes for about 4 days now. That was their announcement, albeit they didn't make it widely known and did sneak it into that post, but there was word about it being relaunched today a few days ago.

But yeah I agree, it's gonna be a disaster and even worse since they're excluding an entire community of some 6000 players on NA PVE.....what a dumb decision.

This is NOT fair as they had been redefining dates for well over a month now. This is why I was requesting new and updated "OFFICIAL" dates.

Edited by vaylain

Just now, Arcada said:

There's no signs that NA PvE community is even at 6k anymore. Hardly anyone came back for the PTR. I'd be surprised if overall player count across all 4 servers hits 6k tbh.

6 minutes ago, vaylain said:

This is NOT fair as they had been redefining dates for well over a month now. This is why I was requesting new and updated "OFFICIAL" dates.

We all know their ETA's are crap and usually miles off. Should never rely on anything they put as an ETA. And sure, we do need updated and more precise word from them which they will never do so just gotta deal with it or don't. I don't expect to see anything go well today lol as it never will. We'll be lucky if it goes live again by 10am tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

There's no signs that NA PvE community is even at 6k anymore. Hardly anyone came back for the PTR. I'd be surprised if overall player count across all 4 servers hits 6k tbh.

NA PVE is still popular, we just all stopped playing because they said they were wiping the server....why progress a server that's going to be wiped, it's pointless. I know a few hundred who left because of that and have waited for this "1.5 mega update" only to now be let down because our regions servers is "a few weeks out" like wtf is that crap....gonna launch EU PVE but not NA at the same time!? It's like they literally draw ideas from a hat.....pathetic

Also PTR was a joke lol, and they made a whole mess of that so of course majority of the players didn't bother with it. I did though and I was bored after 5 minutes because there wasn't any "testing" to be done since it felt exactly the same....except for them allowing people to build in freeports and block the docks off....that was another stupid decision....

And their "anti-griefing" measures? What, the nonexistent ones? lol people just placed foundations everywhere like they're gonna do when it's on the live version. That prevents anyone but them building on their island so why not grief other players just like they did with claim flags....they are wiping for absolutely no purpose, it's the dumbest decision ever. This whole mess is a terrible decision from devs who have a crappy track record already and they're just making it worse lmao. At this point, they've gone worse then when No Man's Sky launched, and that game's actually quite fun now.

Edited by Arcada

Just now, Indywoodtiger said:

Anyone else just believe they are hoping to get away with a single PvE server and this is the test to that end?

That's my guess but it's stupid to put it on EU lmao. Also it'll never work...too many enjoy PVE more than PVP...And as such PVE is always full of griefers who will just foundation block every island they can as quickly as they can. Die, build foundations, place foundations, die spawn elsewhere, repeat. They'll do it everywhere....And since they're forcing NA to basically play on EU, well it robs EU PVE players from getting anything since it's "launching" the update in a more NA favorable time. So all the NA griefers will just claim everything so EU can't and they'll have killed two of their 4 communities because of their fuck up.

• Like 1