Jaxyl

Flotsam and Treasure Maps?

I've been playing on my 3-square server for a couple of days now. Maybe I don't really know what I'm looking for as far as treasure maps go, but I haven't seen any treasure maps or spotted any flotsam while out sailing at all. Has anyone seen either on their unofficial servers? Also could someone possibly give me an idea what I'm looking for as far as the treasure maps go?

Thanks.

Same here, and I am playing on official servers. My also just not know what I am looking for.

• Like 1

When the streamers were playing the day before Steam release they had both treasure maps and were seeing a bunch of flotsam. I'm guessing the Devs were purposely spawning them in for the streamers to experience. We've spent many hours sailing through servers and haven't seen anything yet. That's with those skills that increase the flotsam viewing range too.

So maybe the Devs have those features turned off for now. I imagine there are a ton of things we saw in the trailers that are GOING to be in the game, but are currently turned off or not available.

• Like 1

Yeah Kalizaar, I definitely understand the deal with the trailers. I'm DEFINITELY not expecting that right now. What I saw when I was watching the streamers that day was more where I was leaning. I didn't actually see the streamer I was watching spot and pick up a treasure map, so I have no idea what I'm even looking for. Saw plenty of flotsam so I suspect you're right about the devs spawning it in as a presentation of the concept. I'm cool with that too, I'd just like to actually find some since I have 3 grid squares worth of map for me and my buddy to explore.

Regardless, I'm pretty impressed with the systems as a whole and can't wait to watch where it all goes over the next few years.

• Like 1

Hopefully they start providing more documentation for running servers. Maybe there will be flags to adjust spawn rates of treasure maps and stuff.

• Like 1

While checking the big map in the editor i found some commands to disable bottles and floatsam.

I guess it means that treasure bottles and floatsam are activated by default (but with low probability?).

As said by JAXYL it seemed "common" while watching the streamers (same for the ships of the damned).

3 hours ago, Kaldren021 said:

While checking the big map in the editor i found some commands to disable bottles and floatsam.

I guess it means that treasure bottles and floatsam are activated by default (but with low probability?).

As said by JAXYL it seemed "common" while watching the streamers (same for the ships of the damned).

I was thinking about what you said when looking at the big map with the editor so I downloaded the map editor myself and was taking a look. I don't see where to disable bottles and floatsam, but I do see a couple values that might be affecting it. I edited the island used for the Starter islands and there are:

Minimum Treasure Quality "-1"

and

Maximum Treasure Quality "-1"

I suspect that those might be causing no treasure to spawn, but I don't know that it would affect bottles. I really don't know enough about any of this, but I'm going to beat my face on the keyboard until I figure it out. 😃 

There was a bit about this on the Island Editor's GitHub under Issues, but the issue was closed by the  OP of that issue. They stated that treasure is spawning, however, Treasure Bottles are not... and that's it.

Found this in the "Currently being tested" section of the patch notes just now:

- Fixed a bug which prevented Bottles and Floatsams from spawning
- Fixed a bug ocean and deep ocean spawners, including Mermaids, Whales, Ship of the Damned, and Squids.

Thankfully, it looks like they're aware and working on it.

8 hours ago, Jaxyl said:

I was thinking about what you said when looking at the big map with the editor so I downloaded the map editor myself and was taking a look. I don't see where to disable bottles and floatsam, but I do see a couple values that might be affecting it. I edited the island used for the Starter islands and there are:

Check "Golden Age Ruins" and the "Central Maw".

Both have ServerCustomDatas disabling Treasure Bottles and FloatSam.

They just patched this today and it does work cause my 1x1 test server has them on it now the bottle is a glowing bottle

• Like 1

Yes finally the Bottles spawn but the map is emtpy too at our Dedi Servers .. Think we just have to wait for a Patch or addt. Info how to fix this :(

be sure to put your map file under ShooterGame\ServerGrid  (export them with the servergripeditor) this fix the blank treasure map

3 hours ago, DonBaker said:

be sure to put your map file under ShooterGame\ServerGrid  (export them with the servergripeditor) this fix the blank treasure map

If we have done this and the Treasure map is still blank, anyone have any other suggestions?

Do you have to rename it to anything else, to get the treasure map to register it?

The map itself for the A1 Grid ( We have 2 - A1/B1) Does show up and even mentions the treasure is on A1. The map when highlighted in the inventory tells you how much and everything else. There is just no image on the blank yellow page to hunt this treasure.

4 hours ago, DonBaker said:

Have you tried to put Slippy Images too in the ServerGrid folder?

2 hours ago, Zouhh said:

Have you tried to put Slippy Images too in the ServerGrid folder?

Have now done this and still to no avail. Has anyone else got this working on there server, would love to have a word if you have. Just in case we are doing a step wrong somewhere.

@ZeHaire I have the same Problem. Map on the left is showing but the Treasure Maps are emtpy. I also generate the Slippy Maps. But Treasure Maps didnt show up.

@BTB37Spewing, Would be awesome to actually know if this is a glitch or if we are missing some steps in the server grid editor.

@ZEHAIRE Mine are working now. 🙂 I changed the CellImg from .png to .jpg Just renamed it. And also i changed Line 4 and Line 10 in the Server Json File to this:

"MetaWorldURL": "",

"MapImageURL": "",

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTB37 said:

@ZEHAIRE Mine are working now. 🙂 I changed the CellImg from .png to .jpg Just renamed it. And also i changed Line 4 and Line 10 in the Server Json File to this:

"MetaWorldURL": "",

"MapImageURL": "",

@BTB37You are an absolute legend, changing to a .jpg is what solved the issue for us. We did not have any different on line 4 & 10.

A little disappointed in the communication, the fact the servergrideditor was updated to only export to .jpg, 2 days ago but we had no notice.

Oh well atleast its solved, Happy Treasure Hunting.

Hm. I copied my cellimg's to .jpg and it's still not working - do the maps regenerate automatically or is there anything more that I need to do?

Edited by WalaWala
typo

Never mind. The treasure maps are now showing correctly 🙂 just needed two server restarts or time or something.