Sign in to follow this  
Dark Tsar

My ships Disappeared today.

So today I had a schooner disappear with crew floating in the air... Also my galleon test build is gone and it wasn't even floating yet, still in shipyard

Rough to have this happen right before the game launches again

If you are on the PvE PTR, you weren't the only one. We have two threads on this already. PvP PTR seemed unaffected by whatever bug it was. It looked to me like, any ship in the water (anchored or not) disappeared overnight. Ships being built or not yet launched, supposedly, were unaffected.

This morning when I logged on before work, my schooner with 3k gold, supplies, and some nice blueprints. Then I lost my two tigers to the void in a fantastical disappearing-insta-death bug after building a new one and telling them to board.

Then had some wonderful claiming system and ownership bugs tonight.

Got fed up and just deleted my character. Back to punching trees.

Fun day in ATLAS. XD

@DoubleHelix Well, no I'm not wrong. I'm not right either (it's not exactly an argument anyways). I said supposedly because I did not have ship under construction and because that's what a few others had reported (that their anchored ships went poof and ones yet to launch were intact). I can say confidently, however, that ships in the water were affected. The person I anchored near had no ship in the morning and a skeleton in his/her yard. Other people in the grids I visited confirmed their ships in the water were gone. Like I said, the PvP (non-empire, at least) server was not affected, as I asked a bunch of people and explained what happened on PvE.

If you had a ship under construction and it too disappeared, you should report it in the other threads as well.

Already done it several hours ago. But as far as I understood, the ship decay in PvE has been set to 6 hrs, so it looks like it is a feature - not a bug.

It seems like 6 hours.
It makes sense they want to test ship decay, but they could have been smarter about it.
The stupid consequence is that every test effort has to start with two hours of shipbuilding ... which doesn't contribute to the test.
I've been through that cycle 3 times now and it is too much (mostly because they could have been smarter about this).

Can confirm as well. I remember reading this before I went to bed last night and said to myself " damn that sucks hope that don't happen to me" and it did. I had a schooner and it was built and launched and I log in a few minutes ago there is no evidence of a ship being there except my crew floating in the water. I've lost at least 5 ships due to having a full crew and birds landing on the deck and since someone helped me figure that out I haven't lost a ship until today. I had 12/18 crew.  I was having fun and was looking forward to playing today never mind now. They need to get to the bottom of this right now. 

Edited by Dangergirl Forever

Oh boy, again? I hope they've figured it out for launch. We're in the final countdown. Did anyone experience it on PvP?

So I just have to put in my 2 cents of my experience with the PVE PTR so far.  

Here is the run down...

On the afternoon of the 9th is when I first spawned in N8 to start.  My initial experience that day was great.  I spent hours building and advancing.  I ended up with a nice stone house built and had a Loom, Tannery, Resource box, Beds and Preserving bag inside.  Outside I had my Smithy, Mortar and petzel, Forge, Water Barrel, Ship Yard and some Storage Boxes.  I also had 3 tamed cows inside for milk.

I logged in the next day after work to build my ship and what I found makes the game no fun.  Most of my stuff was gone.  There were some pieces left like some of my Stone floor, My Stone Gateway (barely sitting on one left stone floor), Stone Gate, Stone floor where I had my Forge, Water Barrel (Right next to where my forge was), My Smithy. and my 3 cows...

I then noticed that someone who was building to one side of me was also all gone...  But the person that was building to my other side still had everything and was currently building up still.  I then noticed they had a flag on their base.  I went over to ask them if they knew what had happened and they quickly ran away...  My company log showed nothing so I could not confirm what had happened.  I then found out that since they had the flag they were the "Owner" of the island and could access my stuff.  Other people online said it should show in the company log if they destroyed my stuff.  So after global chatting about it someone invited me to their island.  I quickly built a Sloop, Loom, and gather some resources.  Jumped on board and sailed to their island to start all over!  Once there they greeted me and seemed like things would be good here.  As a test I placed a piece of Floor and had them destroy it to see what the Company log would show.  To my surprise the log showed nothing!  So I built a new base there and suspect these people will be decent to my stuff.  I did see one of them go over the my newly placed Resource box and Storage chest.  I was actually surprised they were able to access my locked stuff.

So anyway...  Here is my opinion.  I work my butt off all day at work doing what is asked by upper management.  I come home to relax and play a fun game.  I don't want to have to deal with someone being an Island owner and having say what I can and can't do.  I don't want to have to worry about other people taking or destroying my stuff I build up.  I personally think people should have 1 claim flag.  They place that claim flag and that is their area for the game.  That area would have a natural destroy time if the player does not log in after a time period.  For to join up as a company when people join the company then they all share each others land claims but still just 1 per person.  This would also eliminate the issue like what ARK had where people would build pillars all over the map to claim.  You can only build in your claimed or shared space.

To me this is a super fun game and I love to play it but if this is how it's going to work then I will not be playing on official servers...  I sure hope things change cuz I like to play on the big official servers but I want to be able to enjoy the game and not feel like there are dictators who I have to follow their rules.  It's PVE for a reason...  I want to be able to pick who I team up with to fight against the game AI together and have a great time, not worry about some island owner that wont let me just enjoy the PVE game.

• Like 1

I play solo and it has happened to me several times now, it's not fun at all when everything you have in the ship just disappears, I had legendary and mythical blueprints to make a new ship with all them new stuff, and it's all gone now.