Sign in to follow this  
Tiramon

LAND CLAIMS SCREWED ALREADY

So I am one of those who is having issues to the point that I cant even play the game due to issues between Grapeshot and steam and I hear today unless you have 4 players in a company you can't own land or claim land because SOMEONE had the BRIGHT IDEA of screwing with the land claim system today …. Nice Job GUYS WAY TO CONTINUE TO KILL A GAME THAT HAD SUCH POTENTIAL!!!! 

CANNOT WAIT FOR SKULL AND BONES!!!! PLEASE HURRY UBISOFT!!!!!

• Like 1

Try this to Play: Steam>Steamapps>Common>Atlas>Atlas:BE.exe (As Administrator) works for me

Edit: Becouse for me the Game shows what amount on Gold i Need to Claim,as im Solo Atm

Edited by MiyuNoir

The island my company claimed yesterday is no longer claimed by us. it says its a 69 point island and we have 0/32 available. we are a two person company. We also lost all the gold we put into the flag for several days of upkeep. 

PVE SERVER

They changed it from a flat 150 to a sliding amount based on company members (which is a good thing)

1 person company has only 30 settlement points, 2 person is 32.

18 person company is 71 points

25 person company is 88 points.

and so on.

We had managed to claim a 122 point (the largest) with a single player initially which is why the initial system was warped. It is now better.

Edited by True Sonja

1 hour ago, True Sonja said:

PVE SERVER

They changed it from a flat 150 to a sliding amount based on company members (which is a good thing)

1 person company has only 30 settlement points, 2 person is 32.

18 person company is 71 points

25 person company is 88 points.

and so on.

We had managed to claim a 122 point (the largest) with a single player initially which is why the initial system was warped. It is now better.

Didn’t have time to check the PVP, is that true for there too?

It's still too limiting.  Solo players are now forced to live on tiny little islands.  Which may or may not be ideal for even building on. Each island should support multiple settlements.  And claim flags should be set to specific areas/sizes of each island, ie if an island can clearly support 3 settlements, the flags when places anywhere within the 3 areas, should all cover all of each area.  Doesn't need to be a circle, can be a funny sided rectangle.  There aren't enough islands in the game for all the solo players and 2-3-5-15 man companies.  Yet there is plenty of space for all the players if they made smallish communal bases.

Some of the small atolls could support several people on them.   It seems pretty obvious that people aren't willing to live with strangers.. so it's likely people will leave rather than live on anyone elses settlement.

Guy living next to me atm has piller the whole island, then realised I could still build near him, amongst his pillers. I don't even have a house, just the machines you need and enough foundations to support them.  Plus 2 shipyards.

My spelling is getting bad at this hour..  I'm also quite surprised the number of people I keep meeting who don't even use the forums, aren't even aware of the colony systems, settlements, rules etc.

Edited by Martyn

5 hours ago, Martyn said:

It's still too limiting.  Solo players are now forced to live on tiny little islands.  Which may or may not be ideal for even building on. Each island should support multiple settlements.  And claim flags should be set to specific areas/sizes of each island, ie if an island can clearly support 3 settlements, the flags when places anywhere within the 3 areas, should all cover all of each area.  Doesn't need to be a circle, can be a funny sided rectangle.  There aren't enough islands in the game for all the solo players and 2-3-5-15 man companies.  Yet there is plenty of space for all the players if they made smallish communal bases.

Some of the small atolls could support several people on them.   It seems pretty obvious that people aren't willing to live with strangers.. so it's likely people will leave rather than live on anyone elses settlement.

Guy living next to me atm has piller the whole island, then realised I could still build near him, amongst his pillers. I don't even have a house, just the machines you need and enough foundations to support them.  Plus 2 shipyards.

My spelling is getting bad at this hour..  I'm also quite surprised the number of people I keep meeting who don't even use the forums, aren't even aware of the colony systems, settlements, rules etc.

Where did u get there should be enough island for SOLO players to take? Its an MMO, not meant to played solo. Yet it is possible. But dont expect to balance this game around solo players. 

Have you even played any mmo before? Means "massive multiplayer online" u know? Not single player.

7 minutes ago, Willard said:

Where did u get there should be enough island for SOLO players to take? Its an MMO, not meant to played solo. Yet it is possible. But dont expect to balance this game around solo players. 

Have you even played any mmo before? Means "massive multiplayer online" u know? Not single player.

I can't count how many times people have explained that solo play doesn't mean people aren't interacting with other people in the game.    Or how many times the devs have said this is a valid playstyle for this game.

Redesign: Claim System - Colonies: Freeform building, with more progress-protecting and time-enforced PvP rules creating a cooperative atmosphere, and limits to ensure the game is more oriented towards single players or smaller groups. Previous mode now known as Empires and PvE will be a modified version of colonies.

17 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I can't count how many times people have explained that solo play doesn't mean people aren't interacting with other people in the game.    Or how many times the devs have said this is a valid playstyle for this game.

Redesign: Claim System - Colonies: Freeform building, with more progress-protecting and time-enforced PvP rules creating a cooperative atmosphere, and limits to ensure the game is more oriented towards single players or smaller groups. Previous mode now known as Empires and PvE will be a modified version of colonies.

I get that. What I don't get why people think they should have their own Island as SOLO. Its has no logic. Lawless, landlord/tenant system would be totally pointless if even solo players could have their own island. And Martyn even said that solo players are limited to tiny islands rn. So basically he even wants for SOLO players to have bigger Islands.

Does not make sense, sorry. If developers say "its more oriented towards solo players and small companies" it does not translate as "everyone will have his/her own Settlement". 

Edited by Willard

1 minute ago, Ravenguard said:

Why should a solo player be forced onto lawless or have to pay someone to live on an island?

Well technically they don't, there will be islands out there that are unclaimed and will function like lawless just because they are not worth claiming as settlements.
You don't have to plant a flag to build, only if you want to collect tax.
I suspect that there will be tons of islands that are unclaimed a couple weeks after the update because people wont want to farm that much gold to hold an island.

Well all i know is pve is ment to have an upkeep building which i think the bank was to be that building so really to have a bank you needed a claim. Maybe they can set some islands to solo or small groups only while others can be set for the larger clans this stops the large clans taking the small stuff.

Do that for PvP is you must. I dont get whats so hard for the devs to get that for the PvE part a lot of players just want to build in peace with an acceptable decay timer. I play in a small company with rl friends, it should be possible to enjoy the content with a decent group of players without forcing us to join some random Mega or pay 50% taxes and risk the chance that some "funny" random decided to remove what we built.

On the last PvE we claimed a small part of an Island and just did our thing. This is pretty much impossible now. Thanks Grapeshot.

57 minutes ago, Willard said:

I get that. What I don't get why people think they should have their own Island as SOLO. Its has no logic. Lawless, landlord/tenant system would be totally pointless if even solo players could have their own island. And Martyn even said that solo players are limited to tiny islands rn. So basically he even wants for SOLO players to have bigger Islands.

Does not make sense, sorry. If developers say "its more oriented towards solo players and small companies" it does not translate as "everyone will have his/her own Settlement". 

It makes more sense if you go back to January or early Feb. and think about what the players were really saying.  Nobody wanted a whole island for themselves, all everybody wanted was a claim.   So if they make a claim be an entire island, and people still want a claim....this is what you get.  And that's why so many people didn't like this idea.

The whole thing seems like a huge exercise in miscommunication now, although some of that misunderstanding may have been on purpose.

Players - We can't get a claim and we want to have land.  (Meaning they want a claim)

Devs - oh, they want to "have land".   ---come up with a landlord tenant system and says this is to help solos and small companies.  Says now everybody can "have land".

Players - Think they can now "have land", meaning "have a claim", and then find out once again, there aren't enough claims for solos and small companies.

Looking back over what's happened and what's been said it seems fairly goofy to have played out like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

It makes more sense if you go back to January or early Feb. and think about what the players were really saying.  Nobody wanted a whole island for themselves, all everybody wanted was a claim.   So if they make a claim be an entire island, and people still want a claim....this is what you get.  And that's why so many people didn't like this idea.

The whole thing seems like a huge exercise in miscommunication now, although some of that misunderstanding may have been on purpose.

Players - We can't get a claim and we want to have land.  (Meaning they want a claim)

Devs - oh, they want to "have land".   ---come up with a landlord tenant system and says this is to help solos and small companies.  Says now everybody can "have land".

Players - Think they can now "have land", meaning "have a claim", and then find out once again, there aren't enough claims for solos and small companies.

Looking back over what's happened and what's been said it seems fairly goofy to have played out like this.

Honestly I loved that aspect of atlas immediately, I thought itwas gona be liek that from day one. I was all about wanting to build a nation with a bunch of loyal peasants that are happy to live in the little homes I make and keep safe for them so they can go out and do whatever it is they do. 

But the way its setup thats not happening. They need to make it so your power is derived from NON-company people(citizens) living on your land, not how big your company is.