Sign in to follow this  
Sinappia

Controversial suggestion: wait with releasing 1.5 till next week and test/implement some more things?

I’ve seen so many extremely good suggestions here in the forum about how to improve basic things we are currently testing on the PTRs. The problem I see is time though. Some of the suggestions, ideas would need some testing because they change core-features. Beside that we had barely any time to test Empire and PvE.

In honor of the mighty Whitebeard I would like to know what everyone therefor thinks about the following ideas:

• -          Keep the PTRs running and tweak them. Test numbers and suggested mechanics as much as possible. Go wild! If needed wipe em and redeploy them and so on.

• -          Wipe EU-PvP and test on that one an Empire-Version with the Colonie-rules but for the big- and mega-companies. There have been countless threads here huge companies defending their move to Colonies “because it’s the better System than Empire”. This would give room to the big and mega companies to test this idea.

• -          Aim for release of 1.5 fix date with fix hours – next week right before easter. Nobody would be able to blame the devs in that case for launching at unreasonable hours/dates.

Personally I would rather wait 1 more week but have many different options tested than having to go through another wipe in some months because core-features have to be changed.

Thoughts? 🙂

For an Early Access game the people that play this game think its LIVE and don't like wipes... In my opinion we shouldn't even be wasting time on PTRs... everything should be on the Early Access Offical Live servers.... its not rockets science... this is EA... not retail.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

For an Early Access game the people that play this game think its LIVE and don't like wipes... In my opinion we shouldn't even be wasting time on PTRs... everything should be on the Early Access Offical Live servers.... its not rockets science... this is EA... not retail.

Its been a rough go for you posting. I just want to congratulate you on this one. Its rational, correct, and most impressively you weren't hateful towards anyone else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chucksteak said:

Its been a rough go for you posting. I just want to congratulate you on this one. Its rational, correct, and most impressively you weren't hateful towards anyone else.

I never start off hateful..... for shartsival.... that dude just literally talks in circles make  0 points ultimately killing threads that he wants to die in a flame war.... I prayed for that kid the past week... but only so much you can do.

Damn they are really screwing up the population in this game, more i am reading the more i am really disliking the direction they went.

All taming... its a pve game.

1 minute ago, Sneakydude said:

Damn they are really screwing up the population in this game, more i am reading the more i am really disliking the direction they went.

All taming... its a pve game.

Apparently all these guys had mounds of discussions while waiting for the wipe... apparently they didn't include the people that quit the game.

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Apparently all these guys had mounds of discussions while waiting for the wipe... apparently they didn't include the people that quit the game.

I am now seeing the reddit stuff, more of it is showing ppl dislike it in PVP. Sure get rid of half the other tames and give us crabs then...

I dunno bud, trying to love atlas but its more hate then anything with this whole Ark theme shit. Get me? i love the ship battle stuff.

See what my biggest pet peeve is, i enjoy being a pirate on the open seas and get into ship battles, not so much attacking on land due to the taming bs crap meta game that looks dum too. But i feel as though the devs are dragging my old ass into the PVE world of tames.

Is it fair to say ill lose out if i dont get on board with the whole taming shit?

I dunno guys.. many i had held on till now, loving the boat pirate theme but i feel it will make me go in the direction of taming animals just so i can play.

Fuck Ark! already got it in my library.

7 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

See what my biggest pet peeve is, i enjoy being a pirate on the open seas and get into ship battles, not so much attacking on land due to the taming bs crap meta game that looks dum too. But i feel as though the devs are dragging my old ass into the PVE world of tames.

Is it fair to say ill lose out if i dont get on board with the whole taming shit?

I dunno guys.. many i had held on till now, loving the boat pirate theme but i feel it will make me go in the direction of taming animals just so i can play.

Fuck Ark! already got it in my library.

Yeah if you don't do tames, you wont be able to keep up... and I don't know how you like the ship combat with 50 million cannons on one side... god if they remove every tame except for horses, and put cannons into only gunports... I'd be super happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

Yeah if you don't do tames, you wont be able to keep up... and I don't know how you like the ship combat with 50 million cannons on one side... god if they remove every tame except for horses, and put cannons into only gunports... I'd be super happy.

You can outwit those big units but if they are mythical ships your in big trouble, you have to match or outweigh them. Your right they are one big tough ship.

Id rather leave them behind, out smart them into chasing you into a fleet. It much easier to trap those grand cannon ships then try to 1v1 them with speed.

Still would be fun though.

I would very much prefer that they do more testing, and get things right, before the live launch.  This way they don't have to do another wipe in 6 months, when changes need to be added, and neither would we have to miss out on needed changes, just because they would be best done with a wipe.  You and I know they won't do another wipe really soon, unless it is needed.

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I would very much prefer that they do more testing, and get things right, before the live launch.  This way they don't have to do another wipe in 6 months, when changes need to be added, and neither would we have to miss out on needed changes, just because they would be best done with a wipe.  You and I know they won't do another wipe really soon, unless it is needed.

not after all the people ragequit!!! MY CHARACTER OMG!!! IT TOOK ME 2 DAYS TO MAX MY LEVEL!!!!! wAAAHHHHH

5 hours ago, Sinappia said:

I’ve seen so many extremely good suggestions here in the forum about how to improve basic things we are currently testing on the PTRs. The problem I see is time though. Some of the suggestions, ideas would need some testing because they change core-features. Beside that we had barely any time to test Empire and PvE.

In honor of the mighty Whitebeard I would like to know what everyone therefor thinks about the following ideas:

• -          Keep the PTRs running and tweak them. Test numbers and suggested mechanics as much as possible. Go wild! If needed wipe em and redeploy them and so on.

• -          Wipe EU-PvP and test on that one an Empire-Version with the Colonie-rules but for the big- and mega-companies. There have been countless threads here huge companies defending their move to Colonies “because it’s the better System than Empire”. This would give room to the big and mega companies to test this idea.

• -          Aim for release of 1.5 fix date with fix hours – next week right before easter. Nobody would be able to blame the devs in that case for launching at unreasonable hours/dates.

Personally I would rather wait 1 more week but have many different options tested than having to go through another wipe in some months because core-features have to be changed.

Thoughts? 🙂

My thoughts are you have nothing to worry about. It will definitely be another week 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

I am now seeing the reddit stuff, more of it is showing ppl dislike it in PVP. Sure get rid of half the other tames and give us crabs then...

I dunno bud, trying to love atlas but its more hate then anything with this whole Ark theme shit. Get me? i love the ship battle stuff.

This I think is much of the essence of the issue, most of what they are doing "seems" to be heading away from ship to ship pvp action and more towards ship V port or bear cart V port etc.

There isn't much in this whole new patch that really shines saying this is a "ship" game. Its more into this is a grindy building game that favours the people who will try to blow up what you have built.

Large long range cannons that swivel, like they had in the real world at that time would really put a stop to the pointless Pv offline base,
Literally these cannons are what they used to stop ships from attacking ports.
Carts limited to horses = much of the issues solved, they have even established that horses are skittish creatures in game, give them a courage stat that when they skittishness overwhelms their courage they flee like thy do when wild. That would stop people taming sacrificial horses to use as cannon carts, instead they would have to level them specifically with the courage stat or they would break and flee in combat.

There are many ways around the problems of the current system but it requires the devs to want to get around it.

Man, I couldn't agree more. Lets please do away with this Dr. Doolittle charade.

Why is the most powerful thing in the game;

A. A land based unit in a game about the sea.

B. Require me to be a beast master in a Pirate game.

C. Negating any rational sort of defensive structure.

I am continually disheartened at the lack of basic game theory that appears to be in Atlas.

Things that are silly in this concept, such as pirates taming land animals and riding a lion around like your Hee-Man, makes it feel more like a Ark copy paste and less like an original concept. 

On 4/10/2019 at 5:24 PM, Sinappia said:

Thoughts? 🙂

How about run a test server in conjunction with the live servers.  That's my suggestion.  Release 1.5 now.  With whatever bugs there are.

Run a test server with expected fixes.  If noone spots anything new.  Update to Current via patch.

3 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Man, I couldn't agree more. Lets please do away with this Dr. Doolittle charade.

Why is the most powerful thing in the game;

A. A land based unit in a game about the sea.

B. Require me to be a beast master in a Pirate game.

C. Negating any rational sort of defensive structure.

I am continually disheartened at the lack of basic game theory that appears to be in Atlas.

Things that are silly in this concept, such as pirates taming land animals and riding a lion around like your Hee-Man, makes it feel more like a Ark copy paste and less like an original concept. 

You've not built a Galleon then..

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

You've not built a Galleon then..

A giant target that can be fitted out with am overly abundant amount of cannons, predominately on one side. It can attack a base located near or on the beach, while stopped or moving slowly. It takes a ton of resources to build and even more to crew up with NPCs, because why bother with real people. When it is sunk, you are out a lot of time and effort.

OR

A bear cart. A small fraction of the time invested vs a Galleon construction. A very small target that can move around at a decent speed and is fairly agile. Due to lack of proper game design the walls are for decoration only and are mere speed bumps for a bear cart. This is not to mention its superior defenses. Also said bear does not even require an NPC.

I stand by my position. The best and most OP unit in the game is NOT a boat, but a god damn bear!