Sign in to follow this  
gumbyc

50% Taxes Again

I understand that we are in a test mode and the harvest rates are high, however there is no need for settlement owners to tax at 50%. If it's 20X or 2X's harvesting, taxes still take half of your gathered resources. I also don't see the need for taxes in PVE in the first place. If there is anyone who likes the claiming system and the taxing structure on PVE, I'd like to hear from them.

• Like 2

The real question is the reason behind the tax after only one player can claim an entire island. Why should other players share their time an ressources with any unwanted landlord? what will the get in return?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

The real question is the reason behind the tax after only one player can claim an entire island. Why should other players share their time an ressources with any unwanted landlord? what will the get in return?

Big ass landlord building he/she did not harvest and 1000 of the biggest ships he/she did not harvest.  And he/she doing all the fun stuff while you harvest his/herr blueprints from the fun stuff 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our harvesting shouldn’t make someone’s else’s gameplay easier just for being the first one on an island with the stuff needed to buy it. This is not a fun system for solo or small groups of players. 

• Like 3

if this system goes live rip atlas , it will never gain enough of a player base , juts bring back the old system with claim flag limits , 

• Like 2

This will really hit home when we go back to the standard harvest rates and half of your work goes to someone else who just sits back and builds. 

Edited by gumbyc

Guys, there will not be enought large companys for the Bigger islands atm, they will not be claimed in the beginning. So no Landlords on the bigger ones.

The scaling for is ~ Roundup(26,6+N*2,45) with N = companysize  atm. So for the ~120 point island u need ~ 40 Member, then it is the only island u own.

So have fun on enlarged Lawless.

Bad thing: Run for small island will be real, even worse with only one Server for EU and NA.

Worst release ever. Again the NA PVE is put at the back of the line. Why do we have to wait another couple of weeks (at least) to play. I don't want to play the EU PVE, even if the ping is OK, I dont want to have to start OVER AGAIN. This PVP is priority is crap. 

You can see the tax rates on the atlas map, question is why you land on 50% island?

If noone lands on a 50% tax island, landlord gets 0 taxes. That won't last long,

Personaly, if I can get an Island, I will set my taxes to be the lowest in the grid so those after resources choose my island above other peoples. If others do the same Taxes are going to plumet and those not doing the same will see there income drop.

So I say to you all. check the taxes before making landfall, favor those willing to set lower taxes.

Edited by Jack Shandy

33 minutes ago, Kummba said:

The scaling for is ~ Roundup(26,6+N*2,45) with N = companysize  atm. So for the ~120 point island u need ~ 40 Member, then it is the only island u own

where did you find these numbers? Is this confirmed? because with this forumal you would get 195.51 points with 3 people.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

So I say to you all. check the taxes before making landfall, favor those willing to set lower taxes.

So everyone jumps on at launch, people choose their island, therefore no way to know what future taxes are going to be on that island. People start building before anyone is able to claim the island, which will be quite a few because people gotta go grab gold first.

You get your little base built and someone claims the island sets 50% tax. So how was checking the map first any way useful?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

So everyone jumps on at launch, people choose their island, therefore no way to know what future taxes are going to be on that island. People start building before anyone is able to claim the island, which will be quite a few because people gotta go grab gold first.

You get your little base built and someone claims the island sets 50% tax. So how was checking the map first any way useful? 

Do you guy's have no imagination?

If you're not planing on grabbing an island. go to lawless build a fast scouting schooner, tame a bear. get yourself up to speed. By this time lots of islands will be taken, tax rates set, and you can go find your place to build.

we're in this game for the long haul, have some patience.

When you get a map, make sure you check tax rate before sailing to it.  If high taxes, just leave the map,  no need to take all the risks and help the high taxer on their upkeep payments.

Yup check tax before land.....

Just set it low till you have enough people on island then raise it to 50%.

Tax is just stupid. If they use taxes then max of 10% is enough. 

100 gold/resources then max 10 goes to landowner. If you have more people on island you still get more.

Tax should be enough for upkeep. This should be a automatic system and not be set by a landlord.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, awakatanka said:

100 gold/resources then max 10 goes to landowner. If you have more people on island you still get more.

Tax should be enough for upkeep. This should be a automatic system and not be set by a landlord.  

YES, YES, YES, Taxes are stupid along with the claiming system. Taxes should be JUST for upkeep, not to line the pockets of the owners. Let the upkeep be automatic and take the owners out of the tax system.

6 hours ago, Sinappia said:
6 hours ago, Kummba said:

The scaling for is ~ Roundup(26,6+N*2,45) with N = companysize  atm. So for the ~120 point island u need ~ 40 Member, then it is the only island u own

where did you find these numbers? Is this confirmed? because with this forumal you would get 195.51 points with 3 people. 

QUICK mafs?

9 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Do you guy's have no imagination?

If you're not planing on grabbing an island. go to lawless build a fast scouting schooner, tame a bear. get yourself up to speed. By this time lots of islands will be taken, tax rates set, and you can go find your place to build.

we're in this game for the long haul, have some patience.

Your'e kdding right? The islands will all be taken up the first day. Those of us who work have absolutely no chance of getting an island since we dont eat, sleep and crap pc gaming (also dont live in moms basement). This claiming system is far worse that what we had. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, awakatanka said:

as soon as u raise to 50% all those players will start looking to another island with lower taxes and a better landlord

14 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

I dont want go lawless. I want my old island back and will go there. 

ditto , i have already landed and foundationed off a small area for my new base 

11 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Your'e kdding right? The islands will all be taken up the first day. Those of us who work have absolutely no chance of getting an island since we dont eat, sleep and crap pc gaming (also dont live in moms basement). This claiming system is far worse that what we had. 

My second sentence was, if you're NOT planning on grabbing an island.

Posting this while at work. 1/2 day Friday so I have some time to play this afternoon / evening. Might even try to claim an island if there are any going spare.

12 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

And that's exactly how it happened ... This morning, the NA players took their time advantage and took possession of the island I live on. They seem nice for now, so I hope it will not be that bad. But somehow you feel very much at the mercy. I deliberately play PVE because I do not feel like having stress with other unknown players.

1 hour ago, UDO said:

ditto , i have already landed and foundationed off a small area for my new base 

Also here... Sad that you have to become a spammer yourself just to be able to secure something for the future.