Iaxa DeVaux

Ship missing PVE

I finished a schooner right before going to bed last night. Today I log on and it's gone. No wreckage, just gone. I have no idea what happened.

It was released from the shipyard and anchored still in the yard, while I finished all the odds and ends. All was normal when I logged off. Was offline maybe 12 hours.

Did not have a company formed, so no log. Just not there today.

PVE M8 Lawless test server.

You're not the only one, I had the same thing. The ship was built and anchored. Then he's just gone and it's PVE

Just logged in. Same thing happened to me. The log says the ship (and bed) were removed this morning around 8am EDT. Crapload of gold and supplies went poof.

I'd be much more pissed if it weren't a temporary PTR...

We lost ours as well, just built the schooner still in the ship yard and it's gone! Just poof,  same thing with our sloop!

My ship was still in the shipyard and not released and i see 2 neighboring shipyards are empty as well. I just figure they were out exploring but now im not so sure. I mean if the ship was released and and sunk, i figured the frame should still be present and floating debris as before but nothing.

Looks like it may of happened to everyone. There is a house around the bend from where I anchored for the night. Their ship is gone and there's a new one being built.

Would be nice to have an explanation. Is it a bug or was something messed up with all the ships? Either way, with the official launch "tomorrow"... we kind of need an answer.

• Like 1

Had 3 ships disappear anchored at our claimed island. Also, damage to crafting stations. I would advise checking yours.

PVE PTR

Edited by 8ball

So. Just got a new schooner built. Moved my tigers onto the ship. Both warped into some other dimension and insta-killed.

I just popped onto the PvP PTR to find out if people had the same problem. Their ships seem to be intact. Looks like it may be something with the PvE server specifically.

PTR - NA PVE:

Schooner disappeared with minipatch today.  Log says, "Ship removed from company" with a time stamp, Day 3101 15.49.26

ship was launched and anchored in place.  Noted new dingy/sub hanger graphics were colliding with dock, but no damage when I logged last night.

I hate rollbacks, but fully outfitting a ship is a bit of a PITA 🙂  

Edited by Fynneous
Added more details

Question for this group - Where was your ship parked when you logged out?  Anchored?  Were any of the ship still in drydock?

@Shadowcub That was happening  when loading a pet on a ship before it was patched some time ago. An old bug come back to haunt us?

Edited by Fynneous

1 hour ago, Fynneous said:

Question for this group - Where was your ship parked when you logged out?  Anchored?  Were any of the ship still in drydock?

@Shadowcub That was happening  when loading a pet on a ship before it was patched some time ago. An old bug come back to haunt us?

Of course it's an old bug came back to haunt us. All they did was take the first release of this game and add some islands and content.

19 hours ago, Fynneous said:

Mine was anchored. I can't remember if it was a lawless grid or not (wasn't a Freeport). Another guy in one of the other topics lost one that was still in drydock under construction. I haven't logged on today at all, so I don't know if I lost anything again (I assume I did).

Hope it's just a weird server issue. It wasn't happening on PvP, at least in my grid.

If it's the server itself, Enterprise is in for some fun. And oooh I'll need to get some popcorn for that one. :classic_wink: Maybe it's better our NA PvE is delayed. :classic_laugh:

Someone on another thread said the ship's on the PTR were programmed to decay after a certain number of hours for testing purposes.   Why that would be, remains a mystery

11 minutes ago, Fynneous said:

Someone on another thread said the ship's on the PTR were programmed to decay after a certain number of hours for testing purposes.   Why that would be, remains a mystery

Oh. That's interesting... and weird. But at least that's an explanation. Maybe they were trying to gauge how fast islands could be claimed?

On 4/9/2019 at 10:13 AM, Dollie said:

💁‍♀️

They snuck it into the patch notes... in a screenshot... from Twitter.

Obscure much?

@Martyn Informed me in the current Capt. Log discussion.

Edited by Shadowcub
Givin' some credit where it's due.
  • Thanks 1

I finished off a schooner on NA-PvP on a lawless sector and mine was still here this morning, but i had not launched it yet.  Ive had the same thing happen though before the PTR on EU PvE normal mode, parked a fully stocked brig overnight prepping to go whale hunting the next day but when I logged on, my ship was gone along with all my supplies... only thing left was all my NPC crew and tames were treading water and I had to go swim out and pull them ashore, cuz I had to pay them all before they would answer my whistles.  Fun times.  

Edited by Yuli1961

If people read update and patch notes, all this loss.. would have been averted.