Sign in to follow this  
photek

PVE PTR Ships decayed after 11 hours not logged in on my island

someone experiencing the same issue? my ships are just removed from the company on my island after 11 hours offline, island is still mine tho. and i have one settler.

• Like 1

Same happened with our ships. One of them was still in the wharf - still under construction.

Edited by DoubleHelix

Same, parked at my island, green anchor, ship gone overnight.

Says just removed!

Same issue. I had just put the gold in the resource box to for next time 😞 Oh well test realm. Definitely a bug though.

Lost both my schooner and galleon hulls. Wasn't planning on building them thankfully. Still, annoying. I live in lawless if that makes a difference.

Edit: Just as i was tabbed out typing this reply looking to see if anyone else on the forums lost hulls, the server seems to be down for me. I have no luck 😞

Edited by Leenaya

They added ship decay in the last patch. My guess is they put the decimal in the wrong place and they're disappearing way faster than they should be. 

Silly devs. 

• Haha 1

same issue ... parked in lawless ... dissappeared overnight ... me and the aimals were floating
Ironically I parked there to get treasure to buy NPCs and do some testing .... this is not a trivial setback.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

Ship decay is 6 hours on pve ptr.  After 6 hours offline, anyone can steal/claim your ship.

May also happen with tames.

Cause is a tempory reduction of the expected normal decay period of 10 days, to 6 hours (for testing..[or better known as to pvp the pve players by the devs])  It's likely been done to give griefers something to do.

Edited by Martyn

1 hour ago, Fly200 said:

Crew on ship stops that correct?

Good question, we didn't have any crew yet.

Nope They Do not,
Lost my Ship on EU PvP Ptr within 2 and a half Houers ( as Logs says) after the 320 Update,then the Steam Lounch Error...*sigh* Im Cursed
Loged in Today on a Sunk Ship,as Stated Bevor i was Kicked out on 15o´clock German Time and Ship was Sunk at17 pm Houers,Crew Mutinet at 21Pm

Pvp sinking and Pve Claiming are different things. 

Would be interesting to see if crew block claiming.

Tames do not.

13 hours ago, wandelaar said:

same issue ... parked in lawless ... dissappeared overnight ... me and the aimals were floating
Ironically I parked there to get treasure to buy NPCs and do some testing .... this is not a trivial setback.

No it isn't, even on the better islands it can take a day to make a ship, outfit it and get ready to go the next morning, then you log in and find it's vanished.

And have to start all over.

At least, it is just a Test Server tho.. not the released 1.5 version.. that'd be a nightmare.

I just end my day by killing my tames and scuttling my ship in deep water.

Neighbours ship just vanished.  Game is deleting them at 6 hours.  Not opening them up to being claimed.  So if you're loggin for the night, clear the ship out. Rebuild it at next login.

Although Allegedly.. 1.5 is due out today... I wonder what the chances are...

Edited by Martyn

Same here - Had an entire base stolen, as well as a couple of ships. As a solo player its proving to be a bit impossible to actually test anything...