Sign in to follow this  
AntonyVW

I thought this was PVE?

Ok so last night we built a brigantine at the island we own on the new NA PVE PTR. This morning the brig and 2 sloops are missing. According to the logs they were removed from our company. Is there a new exploit? How was it possible for someone who is not part of our company to remove them from our company list and sail off with them? There is no wrecks there so as far as we know they were not sunk but stolen.

Don't know, could be the were not saved to your company.  Could be they were griefed somehow, which caused them to be deleted rather than destroyed.  If you had a settlement.. i dunno.  Ships are part of your company tho, like tames.  But cannot be sold or given away. So if they weren't removed.. maybe you still have them, they just aren't where you left them?

I take it there's nothing on your atlas map indicating that they might be elsewhere?  I've seen bugs in previous builds where ships can be teleported across the map.  But this is usually when logging out in laggy servers and it doesn't update correctly.

There is a mechanic listed in patch notes, PVE lasts 6 hours. It will be 12 days for when the version will become live.

Seems to be some sort of 'activity' timer. As long as you are online you are in PVE, after said amount of time of inactivity, others can claim your stuff like in PVP

I should point out that one of the ships was still in its dock when we logged off last night. So someone has managed to launch it as well as steal it.

6 hours eh.. guess I'll loose all my stuff when I log in then.   Waste of time testing the ptr is that's the timer period, it takes enough time just to build a ship then sail around to get the various resources to check stuff.

2 minutes ago, uaf said:

There is a mechanic listed in patch notes, PVE lasts 6 hours. It will be 12 days for when the version will become live.

Seems to be some sort of 'activity' timer. As long as you are online you are in PVE, after said amount of time of inactivity, others can claim your stuff like in PVP

If that is true - it makes PVE completely untenable

3 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Don't know, could be the were not saved to your company.  Could be they were griefed somehow, which caused them to be deleted rather than destroyed.  If you had a settlement.. i dunno.  Ships are part of your company tho, like tames.  But cannot be sold or given away. So if they weren't removed.. maybe you still have them, they just aren't where you left them?

I take it there's nothing on your atlas map indicating that they might be elsewhere?  I've seen bugs in previous builds where ships can be teleported across the map.  But this is usually when logging out in laggy servers and it doesn't update correctly.

One of the ships had not been launched. And the logs clearly state they have been removed from our company

Makes the PTR untenable.. I might just log in and then just sit afk on my ship.

Look at your flag and you will see the timer. Read patch notes.

It is for testing purposes as previously mentioned

Yeh the very last line of the update 150 company members, 10 day timer, temp set to 6 hours for testing.  Could/should have made it 12 hours, let people get some bloody sleep at least.

17 minutes ago, uaf said:

Look at your flag and you will see the timer. Read patch notes.

It is for testing purposes as previously mentioned

That still does not explain how they can launch a ship from a dock which is company owned.

34 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

I should point out that one of the ships was still in its dock when we logged off last night. So someone has managed to launch it as well as steal it.

Ok thats pretty screwed up and no control of the docks? wow Id be guessing admin tools but who knows anymore.

maybe stealing works after pve expiration?, maybe go check and report bugs? these form posts in general are useless

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, uaf said:

maybe stealing works after pve expiration?, maybe go check and report bugs? these form posts in general are useless

Maybe you think posts like this are useless, but if it helps prevent it happening to someone else, then its served its purpose. And yes I have reported it as a bug as it should be impossible for someone to take a ship out of someone else's dock when it has not even been launched.

We had that also.  The company logs simply stated that a ship had been removed...no explanation.  The logs should show who stole it, and or at least show it is stolen.  Frankly, I don't like that mechanic, if you have paid crew on the ship, it should be be able to be stolen.  How realistic is that?  It's not.  The crews just going to ignore a ship being stolen?  The crew should have to mutiny before this happens, or at least consider themselves abandoned by their captain, and thus open to a new Captain taking over.  I suspect 6 hours is just so it would happen more often, and thus the mechanic be tested in the PTR.  Nobody would bother playing if the live version has the same timer.  It needs to be much much higher.  No way you should log off one day, and come back the next to find your ship gone..not if it is anchored in port.  No adrift at sea, that's a different story.  That should happen much faster.

We also passed a shipwreck, and saw animals in the water.  I would like to see those become claimable.  A tamed animal, in danger of drowning, is going to consider you its new best friend, if you rescue it, and feed it.

I'm willing to bet it is a bug and disappeared in the patch from several hours ago, not stolen by another company.  Unless you see it owned by someone else, of course, but it's far, far more likely it disappeared thanks to a patch.

Also... i second this... 

We also passed a shipwreck, and saw animals in the water.  I would like to see those become claimable.  A tamed animal, in danger of drowning, is going to consider you its new best friend, if you rescue it, and feed it.