Sign in to follow this  
Marx_cz

Ships are not going backwards anymore?

Is it just my feeling/problem or ships can no longer go backwards when you keep holding “S” ? That could be a potencial issue for PVP where u need to park your ships inside docks.

They do.

But I once experienced problem when my ship suddenly didn't go. And once saw a guy parked in my pier and because of abandoned raft and "S" didn't work for him - he couldn't departure for a while.

So that's problem existed before wipe, and occur from time to time. And yeah - I dunno how to cure this... : (

I can confirm this. It occurs from time to time. Sometimes relogging helps.

In extremis:
At one time I was stuck between a shipyard portside, a sandbank at starboard and the beach in front. I could not even wiggle the schooner and going backwards would not work.
As a desparate measure I set an NPC at the steering wheel and set it on an impossible course south-east, which at that point was straight backwards.
Then I fast travelled to another ship and had fun for hours.
When I came back to that schooner it had made the impossible turn and was floating with the sails furled.

Edited by wandelaar

I also found hitting X or wheel and lower anchor if possible, then bring it up again if able to do this.. Sometimes it restarts. Ive found this problem before when there was too many AI or Sotd, lag on the server.