Vegetto

Update: Gold cost for Island

So here is the gold required to claim island acc to points

New gold cost to claim an island or upkeep is 2x of the listed gold cost. GL HF.

150p -
122p - 527 G
86p - 312 G
81p - 286 G
77p -
69p - 230 G
57p - 179 G
53p - 163 G
51p - 155 G
46p - 137 G
36p -
35p - 99 G
24p - 64 G
23p - 61 G
20p - 52 G
15p - 38 G

Will update once I find more.

Edited by Vegetto
Updated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Way too cheap. Put a 0 behind it and we’re heading into the right direction. But thanks for this! 

• Like 3

I agree that the initial claim amount should probably be adjusted up. We were able to claim an 81point island very quickly (within an hour or so). You also have to pay the same amount daily for upkeep which I see those amounts as reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

I agree that the initial claim amount should probably be adjusted up. We were able to claim an 81point island very quickly (within an hour or so). You also have to pay the same amount daily for upkeep which I see those amounts as reasonable. 

Well.. the upkeep is also to ‘hurt’ the megas controlling big islands a bit, but 500-600 coins for the largest ones are little to nothing.. we had atleast a million in stash... but they can always make it more expensive or maybe give more cost per building, there are many ways to improve this system. 

• Like 3

Haha this maybe works for mega tribes with treasure hunting teams (bear equipped), for a Pro single player, the most gold i ever had, let me think, about 50 gold from loathsomes and about 2000 gold stolen from stupid megas, by far too dumb to protect their socks 😂😛

14 minutes ago, Talono said:

Haha this maybe works for mega tribes with treasure hunting teams (bear equipped), for a Pro single player, the most gold i ever had, let me think, about 50 gold from loathsomes and about 2000 gold stolen from stupid megas, by far too dumb to protect their socks 😂😛

Well we’re in a group of 6, in a larger mega company but we never did treasures with more than 3, we gathered around 30K everytime we did a treasure run, and even then we didnt complete them all because it’s pretty boring to be honest. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

What is the fastest way to get gold on start up, that you know?

22 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Well we’re in a group of 6, in a larger mega company but we never did treasures with more than 3, we gathered around 30K everytime we did a treasure run, and even then we didnt complete them all because it’s pretty boring to be honest. 

Ha, such an easy mode when you are in a zerg. Laughably easy actually. While I was solo on PVP official, I was gathering 6-10 k per run solo, more on x2.

Edited by gnihar

4 minutes ago, gnihar said:

What is the fastest way to get gold on start up, that you know?

We made a sloop and then went out and found a couple of shipwrecks and picked up flotsam while were moving. We were going to do a quick treasure map or 2 but quickly figured out that they were broken and only for the Golden Age ruins servers when the PTR was first released.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Ha, such an easy mode when you are in a zerg. Laughably easy actually. While I was solo on PVP official, I was gathering 6-10 k per run solo, more on x2.

Can you explain to me why it’s easy mode when you’re constantly playing with 5 other people on a seperate island and have only done treasure hunts once with a bear and never more with 2 others? You solo 10k we 30k with 3, seems pretty okay.  Only thing the mega was good for was a safe harbor. We had little to no contact with them. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Talono said:

Have you even played the game in the first place?

A whale drops 1k - 2k gold depending on type. And treasure maps are easy to do solo. I farmed 10k gold in a day just by killing whales in polar region.

• Like 1

Whales and treasure maps aren't exactly easy if you're playing on 1x rates and starting new.   Unless you've found some exploit to doing it.

In endgame it might be easy, but people are trying to hold down claims now at lv 30-40 ish.

I think the way to hurt megas with tax and flag rates would be to tax tames and foundations/pillers/ceilings etc.  Maybe even 1g per tile or something along these lines, then people who create huge bases and tons of tames.. pay a lot more than those who have a little hut and a couple of tames.

However the problem will always be with balance, too much tax and people will just quit.. or goto unoffs or so. So it might not be a solution worth having.  Maybe they should just do away with tax banks and gold charges for flags with no upkeep at all.

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Whales and treasure maps aren't exactly easy if you're playing on 1x rates and starting new.   Unless you've found some exploit to doing it.

In endgame it might be easy, but people are trying to hold down claims now at lv 30-40 ish.

I think the way to hurt megas with tax and flag rates would be to tax tames and foundations/pillers/ceilings etc.  Maybe even 1g per tile or something along these lines, then people who create huge bases and tons of tames.. pay a lot more than those who have a little hut and a couple of tames.

However the problem will always be with balance, too much tax and people will just quit.. or goto unoffs or so. So it might not be a solution worth having.  Maybe they should just do away with tax banks and gold charges for flags with no upkeep at all.

well it was implemented to make the gap between large small en solo less big, if we delete this it will be just as it was. Charging lots of coins is not a big deal because even small groups have plenty to spend. 

• Like 1

Only of experienced players.  New players will suffer because of lack of experience and they'll quit faster as a consequence, there needs to be a balance between experienced tester/players and new players or the player base will increase very slowly.

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

No need for exploits here. After level 10-12, given that you can respec every level, you can have a schooner with 4 ballistas that can also serve as a transport for a tamed bear. Bolts are expensive, but i think we usually spent like 25-30 on blue whales and i think those werent afected by extra rates, so it's an easy 1200+ gold, if you live near tundra. I don't think i need to say, how easy are low level maps with a bear and there's also flotsams, wrecks and SOTD, which if you want to compete, you will have to farm them.

IMO base gold cost for any island shouldn't be less than 1k, much more for the better ones.

• Like 1

I also think it's far to cheap for the islands, they have to make you work abit more for it in my opinion. You can pick up alot of gold by just going around and getting the boxes on water.

Getting gold later in game is very easy, collect maps during the week, do a few rounds on the island a day and store them. Wait for the double xp on the weekend and set off on the adventure. I used to take my tiger with me and did the maps solo, can get 20k over the weekend if not more if you wanted.

I would have liked the islands to be a very high price but I can understand a balance issue with larger companies will get there faster and buy them up compared to a 1 man company or small one though.

I guess this is the headache they face behind the scenes trying different methods because you come up with 1 solution and a whole load of other problems pop up

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I also think it's far to cheap for the islands, they have to make you work abit more for it in my opinion. You can pick up alot of gold by just going around and getting the boxes on water.

Getting gold later in game is very easy, collect maps during the week, do a few rounds on the island a day and store them. Wait for the double xp on the weekend and set off on the adventure. I used to take my tiger with me and did the maps solo, can get 20k over the weekend if not more if you wanted.

I would have liked the islands to be a very high price but I can understand a balance issue with larger companies will get there faster and buy them up compared to a 1 man company or small one though.

I guess this is the headache they face behind the scenes trying different methods because you come up with 1 solution and a whole load of other problems pop up

You can't balance this thinking on the smaller entities .They have to give them options to keep playing the game, but if they are just giving land to everybody in the same conditions, they should have saved the trouble of doing one big world and split the server in a lot of smaller ones. 

The way the game is you shouldn't even need a landbase in the first place, because you have acces to ships, that are basically a mobile claim.

1 hour ago, znasser said:

No need for exploits here. After level 10-12, given that you can respec every level, you can have a schooner with 4 ballistas that can also serve as a transport for a tamed bear. Bolts are expensive, but i think we usually spent like 25-30 on blue whales and i think those werent afected by extra rates, so it's an easy 1200+ gold, if you live near tundra. I don't think i need to say, how easy are low level maps with a bear and there's also flotsams, wrecks and SOTD, which if you want to compete, you will have to farm them.

IMO base gold cost for any island shouldn't be less than 1k, much more for the better ones.

Then they can balance the balistas and bears.. and maybe the blue whales and bolts.. although if you can get all that at those levels..

I doubt they've even starting making balance runs yet anyway. For the time being it might be easy, but down the line..

Edited by Martyn

So in order to balance the game, you'd make repetitive and boring tasks more complicated instead of just increasing the gold cost of the islands.

50 minutes ago, znasser said:

You can't balance this thinking on the smaller entities .They have to give them options to keep playing the game, but if they are just giving land to everybody in the same conditions, they should have saved the trouble of doing one big world and split the server in a lot of smaller ones. 

The way the game is you shouldn't even need a landbase in the first place, because you have acces to ships, that are basically a mobile claim.

Yeah, they really should have just made a lot of servers. Never saw the point of this big world before, it was pretty much a gimmick to excite people.

after that didn’t work and the numbers dropped they should really just split up the servers. This could actually be a very good idea and get rid of part of the mega problem 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah, they really should have just made a lot of servers. Never saw the point of this big world before, it was pretty much a gimmick to excite people.

after that didn’t work and the numbers dropped they should really just split up the servers. This could actually be a very good idea and get rid of part of the mega problem 

Are you serious? it's the whole premise of the game, a huge open world to sail and explore ffs

5 minutes ago, znasser said:

Are you serious? it's the whole premise of the game, a huge open world to sail and explore ffs

Well they can save a lot of money by doing that. If the servers were full the. Sure keep it. But there really isn’t a reason to keep all 4 clusters(now 6 if they don’t merge na and Eu). Just seems like a lot of wasted area the doesn’t need to be there. Even at 12k pop that would only be 2k on a cluster that is meant for over 37k.

this isn’t one of those posts about the player base dropping. This is just about being able to save money where possible. That is a lot of servers with sometimes 1 person on it so I would think shrinking it down and or splitting them would be a good idea, at the very least financially 

4 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Well a large company can easily own a big island, even for 10K a day. It’s that small companies go to small islands, you want to inhabit a large island with a small company? Fine, but you will need to work very hard for it or have others live on your lands (what would be a good thing). 

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Well they can save a lot of money by doing that. If the servers were full the. Sure keep it. But there really isn’t a reason to keep all 4 clusters(now 6 if they don’t merge na and Eu). Just seems like a lot of wasted area the doesn’t need to be there. Even at 12k pop that would only be 2k on a cluster that is meant for over 37k.

this isn’t one of those posts about the player base dropping. This is just about being able to save money where possible. That is a lot of servers with sometimes 1 person on it so I would think shrinking it down and or splitting them would be a good idea, at the very least financially 

37K is when you don’t know where the hell you are on the map that laggy as it is. 2K per server is actually pretty good haha. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, Percieval said:

Well.. the upkeep is also to ‘hurt’ the megas controlling big islands a bit, but 500-600 coins for the largest ones are little to nothing.. we had atleast a million in stash... but they can always make it more expensive or maybe give more cost per building, there are many ways to improve this system. 

The only way to curb the Megas in this regard is to make the costs exponentially higher for each point.

150p -
122p - 527 G
86p - 312 G
81p - 286 G
77p -
69p - 230 G
57p - 179 G
53p - 163 G
51p - 155 G
46p - 137 G
36p -
35p - 99 G
24p - 64 G
23p - 61 G
20p - 52 G
15p - 38 G

So with what he posted here, the cost only goes up a little bit per point.  Note that 35P is 99g, and 69P is 230g.  So only little bit more per point.  Keep in mind that a Mega will be split into several companies, so you have to make the exponential costs much higher.  I would like to see that 69P be more like 300g, and 140P be drastically higher...like 900 gold.  In this way, you would encourage them to have less desire to take over many islands.  Plus, since they are taking over the larger islands, it keeps them busy getting gold for the upkeep.

EDIT: I should note that the points should not be per island...they should add up to make the cost increase exponentially, with more islands held.  So, the cost for one company to hold two 100 point islands, would not be the same as the combined cost for two companies holding one 100 point island.  It would be much higher.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

We probably need to consider the possibility that the gold cost per island is greatly reduced on PTR and will be higher on live (like having every skill at creation - it's just for testing). Also, from the Captain's Log:

• Islands will be delineated and ranked through a points system predominantly based on size. A Company will have a total of 200 accumulative points to “spend” on claiming and settling islands. 

"Accumulative", i.e., grows over time. Which means the fact that companies can spend max claim points at creation might also be just for testing, and it could take time, achievements or some combination of both before anyone can claim anything.

So, plan your launch day accordingly. Or don't, who knows? It's not as if we've had much of any dev feedback here.