Sign in to follow this  
Ravenx

Grapeshot

Please start charging for cosmetic skins.  We understand you are short staffed.  These cosmetic items shouldn't give anyone an advantage nobody wants pay to win.  However skins you can go in many directions.  Figurehead for ships, unique ship designs, weapon skins, clothing skins.  This is quite popular these days and if this helps bring in more game designers to help make the game better then please do this through your site.  As to avoid the 30% steam takes from you all when charging for stuff.

They did say that it would take them about 6ish months + before they would bring these in and that these would be the way to pay for server costs. I have no issue with skins that add no stats etc and think they are a great way to contribute to a company.
Unfortunately to make the store will take programmers away and would rely on good will from the players that they are in short supply on right now. Any sales now would be viewed as a "cash grab", they would also need to make sure that these were a bind to account item given that they wipe servers.

Personally I would NEVER buy anything that wasn't bound to an account in this sort of game because of this fact. I could buy something and there be a glitch that wipes everything and I lose that item, what would be the point?

They will bring this in later when the good will is back and people are once again more invested in the game, everything is still up in the air at the moment as to whether people will keep playing or not so they really need to work on that before they work on trinkets.