Sign in to follow this  
Keety

[Suggestions] Taming Revisions..

So after having tamed both low level(2) and higher level(28) creatures -Chicken, Wolves, Lions, Flying Vermin-, I have come to the realization based both on difficulty(time spent and resources used) and how easily tames are able to die to just about anything.

That either costs to craft said taming items(Bolas) need to be reduced or it needs to give anywhere from 3-5(The item shows that its a 5x craft on the icon but it only gives one?) of the item per craft.

Taming also requires a cage/trap for bola tames else when they run you lose too much taming progress. (Yet another resource dump for a map that seems very sparse in resources no matter where you go)

Taming would be completely bonk without the improved taming talents and even with them, honestly taming is not worth whatever benefit you think you would get from said tame(Because everything seems to stand up with 200-230 health at most, meaning guns or fire arrows would kill them in 1-2 maybe 3 shots at most, mind you with a saddle that granted 25 armor)

Taming verses time, effort, and resources put into verses the outcome of what you receive is completely imbalanced and needs reworking.(Reduced times between feeds perhaps, Increased bola duration to perhaps twice or three times the current duration, Further improvements to the taming efficiency to boost it along further perhaps, Boosting the feeding to maybe 5% at most per feed, Given the amount of points you have to use to even get most of the bare minimum amount of the useful/necessary skills in beastmastery tree it all feels VERY under whelming, Or even perhaps taking a bit from each column and boosting everything above a bit. -Baring in mind i know this needs to be balanced to fit into PvP and any potential advantage over those that dont intend or plan on taming-  

[at max currently you get on a lvl 28 wolf 1.9% per feed at 2-3 feeds per bola, with a 25 sec CD between feeds, a bola timer of 1 minute 30 seconds-2 minutes and needing to knock the health to about 15-25% to even bola them to start with, minding you that their health regenerates to either half or almost full during the feeding time/bola duration, i lost count on re-bolas and bone feeds honestly]

[Lion at lvl 18 is about 1.5-2% per feed, 35 sec re-feed, 1:30-2min re-bola timer, 2-3 feeds per bola, the re-knocking of health back to the range to re-bola, the health regenerating, took around 16 bolas and 40+ prime meat]

Taming is also a huge reason for me even wanting to play the game and my experience has made me log out a number of times out of frustration.

Feel free to share opinions with constructive criticism or other improvements you think would be good and beneficial to the taming process.

Yes I know its a game for "Piratey Shenanigans, Mutinies, Scurvy, Peg Leg Mishaps, and Eye Patch Misadventures" but they added taming for a reason be it a after thought or not it doesn't need to go unimproved if possible and yes it may not be as high a priority as bigger issues but it does need to be mentioned so it can be made more enjoyable.