Sign in to follow this  
Balwick

Eastern Tundra Feedback - Pretty, hard to live on.

The new biome is exceptionally nice from an aesthetic POV, but it is a frustrating experience because;

- No gems, and the primary metal being Silver makes alloy production a massive pain
- No sap, and we need the fur gear

Resin plants such as found on Western Tundra would fit quite happily aesthetically, as would the inclusion of Rubies, and would solve all the basic living issues.

Edit: Oh yeah, it'd be nice if it snowed more often. Only caught fleeting glimpses of it, and that is a huge shame.

Edited by Balwick

i dont know but if it snows instead of rain, are you still able to fill your water barrels?

if not we should be allowed to shovel some snow that decays into water in a fire or warm place.

• Like 1

Rains must be when temperature above zero. It happens from time to time. -18'c and RAIN? What kind of rain is that?

I didn't find any metal spawn (Sunview chain M3) but I was able to find some small rocks with IRON in it. While now x6 gathering - it's easy to get some iron. When things go normal - it'll be a pain.

And yeah. Before wipe we lived in I2 Millertown island and there were just 4 Iron spawn located in one small forest (those were not easy to find). 

I hope that the sap is an oversight, it had sap before the change. Some islands have both iron and silver, maybe its simply a copa and paste oversight...

I agree. The new art work looks amazing but the QOL issues of no gems or sap makes this area not a very enjoyable place to live. 

These tundra zones use to have iron which didn't need gems but they got swapped to silver with the new biome which made them even harder to live on, hopefully devs realize these zones have no gems to make alloy so they swap the metal back to iron or they add in gems. Not being able to build alloy in your tile is pretty rough, gems are pretty heavy so shipping them is quite a pain.

I was thinking it was just a last second decisions to balance out the amount of metal and lack of gems was overlooked.

Please make the main metal on these tiles iron again or add gems.

Edited by Molchane
  • Like 1

Errrr.... guys. I found SAPS in EASTERN TUNDRA.

You find this kind of trees:

M9U5RpF.jpg

You hit them with pick or hatchet and get thatches, wood and SAPS (Resin) : ))

Edited by George Catcher

6 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Errrr.... guys. I found SAPS in EASTERN TUNDRA.

You find this kind of trees:

M9U5RpF.jpg

You hit them with pick or hatchet and get thatches, wood and SAPS (Resin) : ))

That was added in the latest patch. Allegedly gems were added too, but I've not seen any.

21 hours ago, Molchane said:

These tundra zones use to have iron which didn't need gems but they got swapped to silver with the new biome which made them even harder to live on, hopefully devs realize these zones have no gems to make alloy so they swap the metal back to iron or they add in gems. Not being able to build alloy in your tile is pretty rough, gems are pretty heavy so shipping them is quite a pain.

I was thinking it was just a last second decisions to balance out the amount of metal and lack of gems was overlooked.

Please make the main metal on these tiles iron again or add gems.

Depending on where you live. I got to either the 1 or 15 zones for Tin. It only uses thatch and wood to make alloy. It's a fun run in a schooner-dodging the mean whales till I can get harpoons made.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

the tundras should be harder to live on...….

They are, weather is still brutal and fiber will be relatively sparse with no 6x. Pretty sure I could build a fence out of lion corpses, too.

• Like 1