Sign in to follow this  
Robin de Ruyter

Feedback Taking over islands

hello,

me and a other company where testing out how iT was to take over a already claimed area. 

And how easy iT was its taking les then 11 min to take over the whole island.. and you dont even need to place the vlag close to the other one. 

That is stupid and retarted. How is the possible fair. No change on earth its defendable..

Edited by Robin de Ruyter
  • Like 2

What? you posts Helloooo and that was it.. try posting first.  Then scolding.

2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

What? you posts Helloooo and that was it.. try posting first.  Then scolding.

I was editing it. But apperantly nothing ever Goes wrong on your end right? 

Edited by Robin de Ruyter

10 minutes ago, Robin de Ruyter said:

Hello, another company & I, were testing out how difficult it was to take over an already claimed area.

And how easy it was, it took less than 11 min to take over the whole island.. and you dont even need to place the flag close to the other one.

That is stupid and retarded. How is that possibly fair. No chance on earth, that it's defendable..

There..

Everything goes wrong at my end. I spend more time correcting my own posts than I do writing them.

Edited by Martyn

2 hours ago, Robin de Ruyter said:

And how easy iT was its taking les then 11 min to take over the whole island.. and you dont even need to place the vlag close to the other one. 

? Is this accurate? 

I seemed to only have the option to contest an enemy's flag within the red radius of their flag?

I think if the enemy players are not present, you can cap their land in around 10mins.

If they are asleep or awake or maybe, have tames nearby, then the flag is contested until those contestors.. are elminated.

Not sure if this version of the game supports tames contesting flag claims. 

Hello Robin,

I think this is good feedback but if you want people to take you seriously. Then i would suggest instead of saying "That is stupid and retarded. How is the possible fair. No change on earth its defendable". Say, "This looks like it is a little unfair and might need to be adjusted some how", maybe even give a suggestion on how this can be adjusted to be more fair.

I would suggest that you should have to place the flag in range of the other corps flag and then you clam the island you should be able to move the flag one time. Devs might also want to set the time for claiming a island up a little? 🙂

Stuff needs to be adjusted and devs have said they will while the test is running. Don't get to frustrated guys and girls, they will change thinks so they make more sense.

Best Regards
Shep

Edited by Shepard_Fury

23 minutes ago, Shepard_Fury said:

Hello Robin,

I think this is good feedback but if you want people to take you seriously. Then i would suggest instead of saying "That is stupid and retarded. How is the possible fair. No change on earth its defendable". Say, "This looks like it is a little unfair and might need to be adjusted some how", maybe even give a suggestion on how this can be adjusted to be more fair.

I would suggest that you should have to place the flag in range of the other corps flag and then you clam the island you should be able to move the flag one time. Devs might also want to set the time for claiming a island up a little? 🙂

Stuff needs to be adjusted and devs have said they will while the test is running. Don't get to frustrated guys and girls, they will change thinks so they make more sense.

Best Regards
Shep

while i do agree he could have developed more arguments on his post to make it look better i also understand how frustrated and pissed he (and many other ) can feel about this game, specially after reaching the point where 3 months and a half after initial release the game not only doesnt yet know what it wants to be but also it is neither listening what players wait it to be, so that way of expressing himself while not the best approach  from my point of view shows how tired many of us are after so much "correctly written" feedback being totally ignored (and there has been quite a lot of it being ignored), so in short if you feel the way of expressing what you feel is with a positive attitude i encourage you to keep it up, yet if people wants to come here and express their anger how they do it and the words they chose are up to how they feel about it not what you think is correct or not.

Edited by The D Legacy

23 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

while i do agree he could have developed more arguments on his post to make it look better i also understand how frustrated and pissed he (and many other ) can feel about this game, specially after reaching the point where 3 months and a half after initial release the game not only doesnt yet know what it wants to be but also it is neither listening what players wait it to be, so that way of express himself while not the best approach  from my point of view expresses how tired many of us are after so much "correctly written" feedback being totally ignored (and there has been quite a lot of it being ignored), so in short if your feel the way of expressing what you feel is with a positive attitude encourage you to keep it up, yet if people wants to come here and express their anger how they do it and the words they chose are up to how they feel about it not what you think is correct or not.

@The D Legacy, My suggestion is that if you want things to change, then you will get a lot further with talking to a person with a less of a negative tone. The negative tone throws you off the topic and people just see you as giving bad feedback because you are "just angry". I think you understand that but you should also understand that I'm trying to suggest this, so people remember that this is a test of the systems in the game and devs are people to 🙂 The devs want the game to be a success but they can not satisfy everyone at the same time.

It could well be that they did not think of adding a longer claim time for the flags and that it needs to be close to the flag placed on the island to claim it. Stuff like that needs to be adjusted and i think it will 🙂

It also helps a lot if you give a suggestion on how to solve the problem or if you just ask people if anyone has a good suggestion on how to solve this? I believe that we all want the game to be good, when the new season goes live 🙂

Edited by Shepard_Fury

1 minute ago, Shepard_Fury said:

My suggestion is that if you want things to change, then you will get a lot further with talking to a person with a less of a negative tone. The negative tone throws you off the topic and people just see you as giving bad feedback because you are "just angry". I think you understand that but you should also understand that I'm trying to suggest this, so people remember that this is a test of the systems in the game and devs are people to 🙂 The devs want the gem to be a success but they can not satisfy everyone at the same time.

It could well be that they did not think of adding a longer claim time for the flags and that it needs to be close to the flag placed on the island to claim it. 

yup, i do understand what you mean and totally agree, unfortunately it seems that some people have taken that "good tone" for granted to the point where even when you express yourself properly your words doesnt reach them, in my opinion when that time comes some "shock" theraphy or at least the sharing of those unpleasant feelings the hard way could appear as a candidate to snap them out of it.

I applaud the fact that devs are changing stuff cause being honest 80% of the devs teams i know have their heads to deep into their ass to even bother, but then again those devs dont listen because the have the conviction of how the game should be to succed, while in here you get asked for feedback in a game that literaly doesnt know what it wants to be like, only to get it ignored afterwards, kinda reminds me of that type of exasperating girl who want to go eat "anywhere" but when you suggest all posible food places known by mankind she rejects them all

in anycase i just came here to kill some time reading and chating since i already decided to play other games, so have a nice day you all.

You have to place the flag inside the other flags radius.. and NPCs count as Contesters.. Its PVP you need to defend it you CAN NOT just claim an island and never log back in. Easy to defend if you plan right

Ofcourse everyone Neede to be off the island. And yes all the npc’s except animals count aswell. But still the radius is to big to take over the flag the circle Needs to be smaller from wat point you van take it over.

and sorry for my wrong word usage. IT had to do with a lot of frustration

7 hours ago, Shepard_Fury said:

Hello Robin,

Best Regards
Shep

Oh the politician in you.. I prefer his blunt way of putting it.  It's cold, honest and truthful.

So for defence.. a chicken in a box works then. Awesome.

Unless someone shoots the box and kills the chicken inside...

I think the capture the flag aspect, the claiming flag ie incoming raiders, should need to put their flag within say 10m of the current flag.  This way defenders could build a box around it.  And a box around that.. and another box around that one.. to defend their position and force the raider to work for a living.

Edited by Martyn

We actually had this happen to us Sunday night.  We were on our island when one of my members called out that our ships were being fired on.  We all ran to our harbor, which unfortunately was outside of our flag radius, and in the fight they must have put down a claim flag.  The popup message was missed because it is only a small alert at the top left of the screen and stays there for about 5-10 seconds.  We were all defending our boats and nobody saw it.  So, within 10 mins they had unclaimed our island and started to claim it.  We were able to get it back but it was way too easy to steal.  We thought we were safe as long as we were on the island, but that is not the case.  I hope NPCs count as someone that can contest (we did have tames in the area).  If not, then you better have your ships near your claim area or always have someone stay within the flag radius.

• Like 1

If this is true then only sleepers and awake players count as contesters, but tames (chicken in a box) and NPCs do not ?

According to other threads posted on this, tames, players/on/offline sleeping and crew all contest flags.

But with people swapping flags now to remain in peace mode it's kinda moot issue.  Not that all can use this exploit.

6 hours ago, Martyn said:

According to other threads posted on this, tames, players/on/offline sleeping and crew all contest flags.

But with people swapping flags now to remain in peace mode it's kinda moot issue.  Not that all can use this exploit.

Yes, I can confirm that in order to claim a flag, you need to remove all players and npcs from flag radius first, sleeping or not.

So its not that easy after all. If you defend flag a bit, build a base around it, sleep there in honeycombs etc. Invaders will have to actually raid you before putting up a flag.

Found a flag on an island this morning, that had been placed on a ledge that you can only get to with climbing picks hehe.   It's a real pity in some cases, when someone goes to this extent to make life difficult, that you can place a declaim/claim flag almost anywhere to landgrab an island.  If flags were limited by declaim area ie 5m 10m etc. Some islands would be nearly impossible to reclaim due to the weird places people have found to put their flags.

I really like the climbing system they have in the game.  Although abit too much grunting for me, it's great for escaping nasty snakes tho.