Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Empires vs Colonies

Empires = my shit is harder to raid, but vulnerable when im offline and there is no limit to how much I can have.....

Colonies = my shit is easier to raid, but I am protected for 14 hours a day.... or I gotta foundation spam the entire island and block resources.

Both are retarded as hell.

Personally I'd rather have the old system with a cap on how many flags you can drop... instead of this dumb crap with people being able to build on your island....

Ex #1:  Some random dude moves into my basement uninvited... I ask him to leave and he says no and moves in more crap.... I get fed up and I have to pay for the movers to get all his crap out... but he killed my dog in retaliation.  ( I have to waste tons of resources to kill their entire presence on the island, all the while maintaining the island and global politics. )

The landlord gets no benefit from this...

I can't believe you can't see how big of a security risk it is to a "landowner" for anyone being able to build...

Ex #2:  I'm a big company I want to grief poor small island because I'm bored.  I bring my force land on island encountering either foundation spam or no foundation spam.  Either way I destroy the one foundation, insta build be a huge land base to stack supplies, and shoot mortars from... all the while being protected with my ability to build... bye bye small sweet company.  Thanks for the pixels.

Ex #3:  I'm big bad mega corp bored, come to island that I can't build on at all... have to fight tooth and nail against good structure defenses, and the small corp was able to live another day due to strategic advantage.... or I completely overwhelm poor defenses and take the island... and "EARNED IT".

Why aren't more people not talking about this idiocy... is the population really that low that no one cares?

• Like 1

My god. We’re not even a few days into PTR and you’re already complaining about it. Maybe you forgot the sentence ‘subject to change.’ Maybe it will change for the better, maybe for the worse. That’s what we’re gonna have impact on. 

When the march update was announced I said there are 0 disadvantages for a landowner, now there are some. So I’m happy. If you want to be king of your imagination kingdom, go play another game. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

My god. We’re not even a few days into PTR and you’re already complaining about it. Maybe you forgot the sentence ‘subject to change.’ Maybe it will change for the better, maybe for the worse. That’s what we’re gonna have impact on. 

When the march update was announced I said there are 0 disadvantages for a landowner, now there are some. So I’m happy. If you want to be king of your imagination kingdom, go play another game. 

Kid, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO VOICE YOUR OPINION --- THE FORUMS!!! -- WHERE ARE WE?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Kid, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO VOICE YOUR OPINION --- THE FORUMS!!! -- WHERE ARE WE?

You live in some kind of world where the landowner is the ultimate king. There have been 100 threads about people being scared of landowners able to delete everything from everyone. Now we’re here and you come around the corner. So the statement ‘why is nobody talking about this idiocy’ is a little bit yeah, “late to the party style”. 

And sure everyone can post an opinion but when you call the people that needs to give their opinions ‘low’.. well... another thing you could’ve known if you were here the last month 😉 

If a landowner doesn't want you to be there you wont live there... you are missing the actual issue here.  It is not about people living on your land that want to live in peace... its a HUGE HOLE IN SECURITY FOR EVERYONE ON THAT ISLAND.... all because you kids can't think of a bigger picture... other than I WANT... typical millennial participation trophy rhetoric .

I’m glad that you use the word phrase ‘kid’ in every post yet you’re the one acting nothing but childish, the irony. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

I’m glad that you use the word phrase ‘kid’ in every post yet you’re the one acting nothing but childish, the irony. 

And here we are, where you can't combat reason anymore so you go to how I am talking about you... Don't spew crap like a child don't get called one... use your head.

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

And here we are, where you can't combat reason anymore so you go to how I am talking about you... Don't spew crap like a child don't get called one... use your head.

I just said it, and you didn’t respond to it so that means you didn’t have a ‘combat reason’ to keep using childish phrases. 

41 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Empires = my shit is harder to raid, but vulnerable when im offline and there is no limit to how much I can have.....

Colonies = my shit is easier to raid, but I am protected for 14 hours a day.... or I gotta foundation spam the entire island and block resources.

Both are retarded as hell.

Personally I'd rather have the old system with a cap on how many flags you can drop... instead of this dumb crap with people being able to build on your island....

Ex #1:  Some random dude moves into my basement uninvited... I ask him to leave and he says no and moves in more crap.... I get fed up and I have to pay for the movers to get all his crap out... but he killed my dog in retaliation.  ( I have to waste tons of resources to kill their entire presence on the island, all the while maintaining the island and global politics. )

The landlord gets no benefit from this...

I can't believe you can't see how big of a security risk it is to a "landowner" for anyone being able to build...

Ex #2:  I'm a big company I want to grief poor small island because I'm bored.  I bring my force land on island encountering either foundation spam or no foundation spam.  Either way I destroy the one foundation, insta build be a huge land base to stack supplies, and shoot mortars from... all the while being protected with my ability to build... bye bye small sweet company.  Thanks for the pixels.

Ex #3:  I'm big bad mega corp bored, come to island that I can't build on at all... have to fight tooth and nail against good structure defenses, and the small corp was able to live another day due to strategic advantage.... or I completely overwhelm poor defenses and take the island... and "EARNED IT".

Why aren't more people not talking about this idiocy... is the population really that low that no one cares?

It might just be the game that is bad, not the mechanics. But who knows. It definitely could have been a lot more thought out before hand that is for sure.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

It might just be the game that is bad, not the mechanics. But who knows. It definitely could have been a lot more thought out before hand that is for sure.

What he is talking about is thought about beforehand. ‘Before’ it was like OP describes, then there were a hundred threads raising concerns about what OP wants, and now they changed it. That’s what is happening here. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

What he is talking about is thought about beforehand. ‘Before’ it was like OP describes, then there were a hundred threads raising concerns about what OP wants, and now they changed it. That’s what is happening here. 

Of course, I won’t argue that. But as I said, there has been a lot of bad decisions that actually could have been thought of before release. Not arguing just saying. Could have been better thought out before or after really.

Just now, Realist said:

Of course, I won’t argue that. But as I said, there has been a lot of bad decisions that actually could have been thought of before release. Not arguing just saying. Could have been better thought out before or after really.

Well they didn’t have any disadvantages for the landlord put in at the original ‘reveal’ - now they have done some and we will have to see how that will play out. Will it be abused? How hard will it be abused, how many tokens will be bought. 100K per token, but sorry guys: That’s little to nothing for large companies, but will they/we spend it on a small company? All those things we will just have to see. Also with raids, we can’t say anything about it until an actual good raid has been done. How bad will the spam be, will this will that.. many of the things put in can only be really looked at objectively when it’s put in use by especially larger groups because they will define colonies and probably empire servers. 

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Well they didn’t have any disadvantages for the landlord put in at the original ‘reveal’ - now they have done some and we will have to see how that will play out. Will it be abused? How hard will it be abused, how many tokens will be bought. 100K per token, but sorry guys: That’s little to nothing for large companies, but will they/we spend it on a small company? All those things we will just have to see. Also with raids, we can’t say anything about it until an actual good raid has been done. How bad will the spam be, will this will that.. many of the things put in can only be really looked at objectively when it’s put in use by especially larger groups because they will define colonies and probably empire servers. 

LOL it doesnt matter about how much it costs to declare war... you can completely and utterly destroy EVERYTHING on the island... you wont have the money or defenses at that stage to defend and keep it....

The fact that they made is so easy for a larger company to take whatever they want is EXACTLY what has been wrong with the game from day one... taking someones land needs to be a very hard or deterred action. 

Allowing instant strongholds on an enemy island......................................... that is going to be 10x easier than it was previously for mega corps to grief the smaller tribes...

how is this shit not common sense.

21 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

LOL it doesnt matter about how much it costs to declare war... you can completely and utterly destroy EVERYTHING on the island... you wont have the money or defenses at that stage to defend and keep it....

The fact that they made is so easy for a larger company to take whatever they want is EXACTLY what has been wrong with the game from day one... taking someones land needs to be a very hard or deterred action. 

Allowing instant strongholds on an enemy island......................................... that is going to be 10x easier than it was previously for mega corps to grief the smaller tribes...

how is this shit not common sense.

I always like it when I make a comment and someone just completely ignores it, starts rambling on with something that actually doesn’t change a thing to what I said. Why’d you quote me for god’s sake. 

I’m going to bed now so you have a good 8-10 hours to come up with something to avoid all the horrible things the devs are doing to this game. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

I’m going to bed now so you have a good 8-10 hours to come up with something to avoid all the horrible things the devs are doing to this game. 

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I always like it when I make a comment and someone just completely ignores it, starts rambling on with something that actually doesn’t change a thing to what I said. Why’d you quote me for god’s sake. 

I know eurotrash are pretty dumb, but are you really this stupid?  You literally just made a statement and I countered it YET AGAIN.

52 minutes ago, Percieval said:

All true. They really should have went with factions. Anyone can disagree all they want but it would have been a lot better off with factions. Kind of disappointing really.

plus with factions it brings solo/small/mega all together. They could still go off and play solo, or stay in small companies but you better not go on the other side of the map 😂

but seriously, that actually would have been cool. Definitely could have had some big battles.

plus this would have a lot more people getting along or atleast co existing. As far as anyone seeing that as boring, I don’t really care. I am worried about success or failure and this whole mega thing will end in total failure.

people say there is no way to stop Megas? Bull. Factions will end Megas. Plain and simple 

Edited by Realist
  • Like 2

The war tokens aren't even useful, you can take islands during the raid window easy enough.  Anybody throwing 100k around is prolly not going to need the extra time to get the job done.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

I know eurotrash are pretty dumb, but are you really this stupid?  You literally just made a statement and I countered it YET AGAIN.

Let’s get one thing straight, you don’t counter anything, shouting like a little baby with the hope you make some kind of point in the proces of doing it isn’t ‘countering’. You haven’t countered anything what I said so far. You want the landlord to be a king, when the plan was to do so there were over a hundred people saying that that’s ridiculous and will break the game, I agree with them. Then I said that this update is a starting point and that everything is subject to change so I’m sure the problems you’re seeing will get tweaked a little bit and then I said they will be tweaked AFTER we can give proper feedback ergo; when we raid and actually play it for a week, and even then you can’t give the best feedback yet. You think you’re some kind of discussion god but let me tell you something: Giving feedback with shouting and calling everyone that opposes it ‘stupid and dumb’ isn’t really a thing in the real world, so maybe wake the hell up from the delusional dream you’re living in. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Realist said:

All true. They really should have went with factions. Anyone can disagree all they want but it would have been a lot better off with factions. Kind of disappointing really.

plus with factions it brings solo/small/mega all together. They could still go off and play solo, or stay in small companies but you better not go on the other side of the map 😂

but seriously, that actually would have been cool. Definitely could have had some big battles.

plus this would have a lot more people getting along or atleast co existing. As far as anyone seeing that as boring, I don’t really care. I am worried about success or failure and this whole mega thing will end in total failure.

people say there is no way to stop Megas? Bull. Factions will end Megas. Plain and simple 

Yes sure but we’re doing that, we were/are in a mega company but we only played with our standard 6 man group with our own Island etc. I like it, we can have protection from the company, help in raids we barely got any help ourselves but did we really need to? No. I like it but whenever there were solo/small groups here and I or someone else made the suggestion to do the same as us, they don’t want it. They don’t want to be part as a solo/small in a mega company. 

Well, i hope you slaves enjoy the island life at 50% tax without the possibility to build weapons and under permanent risk to be destroyed by your slaver without any possibility to defend yourself.

You are born for the colony server, thats for sure 😛

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Talono said:

Well, i hope you slaves enjoy the island life at 50% tax without the possibility to build weapons and under permanent risk to be destroyed by your slaver without any possibility to defend yourself.

The crybaby again. Get a life and stop troll the internet.

3 hours ago, Talono said:

Ummm you obviously havent played it yet... because you can build anything you want 9 hours out of the day... but for some magical reason they think stopping cannons from being placed for 14 hours is some sort of... I dunno.... something lmao..... This system is the dumbest pile of crap I think I have seen yet.... 

7 hours ago, Percieval said:

Let’s get one thing straight, you don’t counter anything, shouting like a little baby with the hope you make some kind of point in the proces of doing it isn’t ‘countering’. You haven’t countered anything what I said so far. You want the landlord to be a king, when the plan was to do so there were over a hundred people saying that that’s ridiculous and will break the game, I agree with them. Then I said that this update is a starting point and that everything is subject to change so I’m sure the problems you’re seeing will get tweaked a little bit and then I said they will be tweaked AFTER we can give proper feedback ergo; when we raid and actually play it for a week, and even then you can’t give the best feedback yet. You think you’re some kind of discussion god but let me tell you something: Giving feedback with shouting and calling everyone that opposes it ‘stupid and dumb’ isn’t really a thing in the real world, so maybe wake the hell up from the delusional dream you’re living in. 

Kid I have shot down every dumb euro-pleb thing that has came out of your mouth since day one on this forum.  You are clueless on mechanics and thats why you get called a child... you can't think of anything but right in front of your face.  You need critical thinking skills and as an adult... granted not everyone has them... and you could be that type of exception.

When everyone was taking a break... all the RP-PVEers were left to voice their opinions about what the fate of the game should be.... sorry the rest of us were doing other things... We're back now... were the population that they are hoping to get back and retain... You forum nerds that never left and are hell-bent on destroying this game... need to move a long and take a break from the forums.... you are confusing these new devs.

i dont think that there will be 50% tax on an island if the owner wants people to build on it... it is set to 50% to prevent randoms building up to attack your base...

6 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Ummm you obviously havent played it yet... because you can build anything you want 9 hours out of the day... but for some magical reason they think stopping cannons from being placed for 14 hours is some sort of... I dunno.... something lmao..... This system is the dumbest pile of crap I think I have seen yet.... 

Kid I have shot down every dumb euro-pleb thing that has came out of your mouth since day one on this forum.  You are clueless on mechanics and thats why you get called a child... you can't think of anything but right in front of your face.  You need critical thinking skills and as an adult... granted not everyone has them... and you could be that type of exception.

When everyone was taking a break... all the RP-PVEers were left to voice their opinions about what the fate of the game should be.... sorry the rest of us were doing other things... We're back now... were the population that they are hoping to get back and retain... You forum nerds that never left and are hell-bent on destroying this game... need to move a long and take a break from the forums.... you are confusing these new devs.

You’re the population they are hoping to get back? People that call others idiots, dumb and stupid if they don’t agree with you? You really are delusional if you think you ‘shot down’ anything I said in the last 5 months were talking here. All I can remember is that I laugh at everything you say/said. But evidently you pay attention to it so I will too. These last 2 days you embarrassed yourself so here’s your change to do the opposite, I will have a close look. But just out of curiosity; What exactly did you ‘shot down’ in the past? I can hardly remember things that never happened.