wandelaar

We can build in the freeports.

This allows for quite a different tactic.
Rather than the lawless the freeport has no enemies apart from *humans*.

Martyn, those quadrants still are still noticable different from other quadrants ... it matters in the long run:
+they have the NPC shops
+zero predators on the 4 islands
+no SotD in their waters
-faster ship decay

Treating them like lawless areas with extras makes it convenient to still call them freeports so we can distinguish them.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

Freeports also had boosted resource respawn rates.

You should never be allowed to build more then campfires in a Freeport.

Honestly i think its ok, things should have a 1 day auto destroy timer to allow newer players to get started build their first ship and go without cluttering the place up. When i say 1 day auto destory i mean when timer runs out the stuff just breaks doesnt need a player to do it.

32 minutes ago, Shepard_Fury said:

well, some bad player blocked off the freeport in E4 with walls 😢

Well this is a easy fix by adding in zones where structures can not be placed, Hell Ark has this feature with caves that have the boss parts in them.

Same in A6 - Somebody built a wall across steps leading to water. I knew the back way around and in but as a new player, I'd probably quit right then.

4 hours ago, Ravenguard said:

Honestly i think its ok, things should have a 1 day auto destroy timer to allow newer players to get started build their first ship and go without cluttering the place up. When i say 1 day auto destory i mean when timer runs out the stuff just breaks doesnt need a player to do it.

It's not ok to be able to box in the crew vendors and block hiring crew, as is being done.

Someone already mentioned, create no build zones on the freeports. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Martyn, those quadrants still are still noticable different from other quadrants ... it matters in the long run:
+they have the NPC shops
+zero predators on the 4 islands
+no SotD in their waters
-faster ship decay

Treating them like lawless areas with extras makes it convenient to still call them freeports so we can distinguish them.

Didn't make a ship so didn't notice decay rates.  Did see a number of busted ships in the water tho.

Decay rates on the buildings are the same as lawless tho.  And there's no apparent protection for anyone building.  I can place foundations right next to other people's bases.  Indeed I saw griefing where people put posts and gunposts right outside peoples doors to try to block them.

You also cannot tame in the freeports.  At least, not anymore.  When you reach the stage where you would have tamed the animal, it just eats more of the same items.

I like the idea of people building shipyards etc in freeports, but the decay needs to be cut to like 24 hours on all buildings. Then people could build non cannon ships, unless they brought the cobalt etc from outside islands back to the freeports or bought it from player shops, which is needed to make the cannons etc.

Disabling pvp in freeports would allow a degree of escape for players leaving etc. (it is currently disabled)

The freeports also seem to be not current.  For example, Rice is Thyme.. instead of being Rice.. and so forth.  This needs to be updated as well.  But that goes for the whole game really.

4 hours ago, 8ball said:

Someone already mentioned, create no build zones on the freeports.

The freeports are all no build zones in the main game.  It seems only for the PTR they are enabled.  So the issue of people griefing the npc vendors will probably not exist in the main game release.

freeport A6 south : some players take advantage of a feat to prevent others from playing. because of the constructions in freeport, they amuse themselves to wall the salesmen, recruiters, travelers. in addition, they make your boats unusable by building around them

20190409123607_1.jpg

20190409123902_1.jpg

v320 -  Can no longer build on Freeports or Golden Age Grids

Lol wonder if they are gonna wipe out those grids. Cause I seen some galleons going up in some of the freeports. Might suck to be them.

Edited by Sadie Blackhawk
  • Like 1