Sign in to follow this  
Sansa Phoenix

Trade Centers... and various other cool things...

I have an idea, and in order for it to work there would need to be more than just ME doing it:

-- Trade Centers-- Pheonix Rising (and several other companies) is going to build in Lawless again and the island we're building on is RIPE with resources, but also very large. The center of this island has a great spot for a 'trade center' where companies could build a 1x2 stall, post a few wall signs of what they have for trade/sale, discord/in-game contact info for others who are looking to buy/trade. The reason for doing this in a Lawless area is to prevent some loophole in the taxing system on claimed islands from taxing any trade or sale, and for easier access for everyone. Might even be able to designate trade ship docks around the island so people coming in to trade have a place to anchor that won't impede companies who base there. We would also (collectively as traders) put up a 'billboard' to point people to where these trade centers are, not only on the island but across the Atlas (Trading center is in X1, y2, on these islands in the middle, for example) The use of the person to person trade system the devs are installing would help keep such trading/sales legit. 

-- Player-made treasure boxes -- Players/companies who end up with duplicate blueprints, or a few extra gems, or some other goods or resource that isn't really sellable or tradable, could opt to leave it in an unlocked small box in a slightly hidden spot on any island for someone else to potentially find. Why? Because it would just add an extra layer of fun to a person's discovery/exploration, and you'd be able to get rid of things you don't want/need that aren't exactly sellable either. But I would say, limit what you leave in one to one or two items. Like one blueprint and one stack of a resource, or two blueprints, or two tools.. etc. The idea is for fun and usefulness, not crazy lol 

-- Player-coordinated events -- If you get too bored, you could always come up with some kind of an event that other companies could participate in, but if your company coordinates it, then your company has to shell out the prize for it. Thats the only thing. Doesn't matter if its a prize in gold, rare resource or rare critter. You can even post the event here on the forums and put up makeshift billboards advertising it.

The point of this is, if we want PvE our way, then we have to MAKE it be what we want. Its the only choice we have really. 

Any ideas you have to add, by all means, post it!

• Like 1

Hahaha.... I was just getting ready to post the link to this thread to you in the other thread!

LOVE your mail idea. 

It would be a fantastic addition..

Make sure each piece of mail is addressed correctly:

company name/individual's name if applicable/region/island.

Edited by Sansa Phoenix
  • Haha 1

We plan on trying to get an island for ourselves, but part of it will be a public dock with full crafting capabilities and space for npc vendors.

Or, if my assumptions that it’s an NPC that you can place anywhere are incorrect, then ample space for vendor huts.

I can definitely see a network of vendor hubs popping up, with the potential for making profit just by buying local resources cheap from a vendor in one area and then selling them in your own vendor where they’re worth more.

If such a thing is possible and happens, I think it would be appropriate for the Freeport commodities vendor to either drastically increase the costs for the convenience, or be dropped entirely so that an actual player economy can be created.

Did this ever get started? If so, where are the trade hubs located?

Thank you

~Samantha

I've wanted to be able to leave a Note at someones door before... They had a really cool build and I never seen them online and wanted to let them know that I thought their base looked cool. So maybe to make this "Mail" system easy for the devs to add. They could just make a craftable "Mail box" and you could place it outside of your base / house or what ever... And when someone clicks on it they could then "Write a letter" or "Give an (item)" or both... Of course this would make it harder for us as we would need to actually go to the mail boxes our selves do write the letter or drop off items...
I'd also put 1 "mail box" per player limit.
If there was a delivery mechanism where you write a letter then send it to another player... I think ONLY letters should be deliverable. Not items. I could see some exploitation going on easily tranfering items across the world... However if the made you pay a postage for the delivery...
I'd still like the option of clicking their mail box and writing the letter with out having to pay a postage since im at the mail box and putting the letter in my self.

I would like to see free ports become trading hubs. More npcs that maybe just give collection quests. Or kill (X) amount of a certain enemy. Maybe add some "Treasure items" whos only purpose is to be sold at freeports for a varying amount of gold depending on the rarity of the treasure... Give me a reason to go back to freeport more often. Maybe the npc's will even buy crafted armors / weapons (bow / spear excluded). There is a lot of potential for freeports to be very useful player hubs... take away the added ship decay too! let me park there. I assumed that added ship decay was just for when the game launched when freeports were flooded with people and they wanted that added decay to make people leave.