Sign in to follow this  
Linea

1 hour ago, Sansa Phoenix said:

Only things to worry about in lawless are trolls and the 4-day decay rate. I'm good with it. 

Some of us don't want to be someone else's subjects/tenants. 

Far as the trade centers go, Taxes are the very reason I'm going to encourage them built in lawless. This way, anyone coming to trade/sell won't have to worry that their transactions as far as gold/resources are taxed. Wouldn't that be messed up? You're trying to buy, for example, 100 rubies for 1k gold (just an example.) and when you two exchange goods/gold, the landlord's tax rate eats a chunk of the gold and maybe the rubies too. 

Nope. NOT cool. I'll set mine up in Lawless. 🙂  

EDIT-- Just want to add that making a trade center on a lawless won't cost the merchant/trader anything but some resources to make their stand and signs with goods/prices/contact info, and maybe the storage box or two they might need. No gold or gems to set it up 🙂 But again, this is for PvE, not PvP, and in Pve, we aren't getting any player shops at all. So this is my idea for PvE to have them. 

The problem is, in lawless the islands will just be spammed with pillers/foundations and there will be no trees, no metal nothing.  Just big empty flat islands..

We had that before. Its nothing new. And I think we all know whether land is claimed, not claimed or lawless, its going to happen again too.

As before lawless will be very crowded in the beginning but less crowded later.

The ability that everyone can place a cannon 5 meters in front of your door on a foundation is quite annoying.

Nearly as annoying than the fact, that your slave master on Colonies can demolish your house in one click and steal all your stuff.

2 minutes ago, Talono said:

As before lawless will be very crowded in the beginning but less crowded later.

The ability that everyone can place a cannon 5 meters in front of your door on a foundation is quite annoying.

Nearly as annoying than the fact, that your slave master on Colonies can demolish your house in one click and steal all your stuff.

Just for 24 hours after you build it 😉 for now at least.

3 hours ago, 1eyedollar said:

Sitting here thinking about the over 50% taxes I pay in real life. 😞 

Yeah which is exaclty why i dont need it in a game i play for fun aswell 😛 Next we need to pay into health insurance and pension for our "pirates" 😛 

The tax system doesn't seem to be working correctly either.. I was on an island with 15% tax and I hit a stone and it gave me 1 iron.. lol. The entire stone.  Hit some more I was getting only 10-20 iron instead of the 50 I was getting on lawless islands on same stones.  It's almost like the tax you set, isn't the tax that's actually charged.

For PVE (and maybe for PVP it would be a good system as well) they should make it so that every structure does need an upkeep bank(maintenance stack). A small object placeable even in small houses that does use resources to counter structure decay. Structures without will decay very fast and the upkeep bank has a minimum upkeep to maintain itself.

This would require a lot of resources to build an upkeep bank and keep it running just to maintain a single foundation, while at the same time if you want to go on vacation you can just fill enough resources into the upkeep bank of your house in advance for every time Periode you would need.

It would allow to get rid of the claiming system on PVE like initially planned or at least reduce limitations as much as possible.
If they also change that ship crew does only repair your ship planks at <90% and doesnt waste metal by repairing minimal damage we would have a good upkeep and decay system that keeps the game going and removes obstacles and abandoned stuff while allowing all players still to be flexible with the game.

9 minutes ago, Martyn said:

The tax system doesn't seem to be working correctly either.. I was on an island with 15% tax and I hit a stone and it gave me 1 iron.. lol. The entire stone.  Hit some more I was getting only 10-20 iron instead of the 50 I was getting on lawless islands on same stones.  It's almost like the tax you set, isn't the tax that's actually charged.

with a 15% tax:

if you gather 100 units in one swing it can take 15 units with the tax, if you only get 1 unit like metal it cant take 15% so it seems that it will just randomly take 100% which means the 1 iron will go to the tax.
But it also does seem like the system does not use the tax rate when its taking low numbers of resources completely which doesnt happen about 15% of the time but more like a fixed 50% chance to loose the resource to the tax no matter what rate is set. But we can never know for sure since stones are giving metal pretty random.

8 minutes ago, Linea said:

For PVE (and maybe for PVP it would be a good system as well) they should make it so that every structure does need an upkeep bank(maintenance stack). A small object placeable even in small houses that does use resources to counter structure decay. Structures without will decay very fast and the upkeep bank has a minimum upkeep to maintain itself.

This is exactly what the devs were meant to be introducing, but nothing has been mentioned on it at all.

I mentioned it here: 

I tweeted that out to Dollie asking for a response, she saw the tweet and read the thread, but never responded. The silence on the subject tells me the 4 day timer is intended and there is no resource structure coming. If the 4 day timer was only for PTR then she would have responded confirming that, so the silence tells me it's intended and she didn't respond because she knows what the response will be to it.

The resource structure for structure upkeep was something I was looking forward to, but instead we get stuck with a decay that doesn't let solo players take a break from the game.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This is exactly what the devs were meant to be introducing, but nothing has been mentioned on it at all.

I mentioned it here: 

I tweeted that out to Dollie asking for a response, she saw the tweet and read the thread, but never responded. The silence on the subject tells me the 4 day timer is intended and there is no resource structure coming. If the 4 day timer was only for PTR then she would have responded confirming that, so the silence tells me it's intended and she didn't respond because she knows what the response will be to it.

The resource structure for structure upkeep was something I was looking forward to, but instead we get stuck with a decay that doesn't let solo players take a break from the game.

Maybe it comes in the update after going live? I don't know but I was looking forward to this also.

I don't see the point between lawless and flag islands if there is no upkeep to structures. People might as well just move to lawless if they are keeping it like this. We can only hope they do add it when it goes live though, I guess we'll see soon enough.

Just now, DannyUK said:

Maybe it comes in the update after going live? I don't know but I was looking forward to this also.

I don't see the point between lawless and flag islands if there is no upkeep to structures. People might as well just move to lawless if they are keeping it like this. We can only hope they do add it when it goes live though, I guess we'll see soon enough.

I hope so too, but the silence tells me otherwise. But yeah will wait till 1.5 release and see.