MisterMyztik

The neverending quest for sap/sugars

Rather than adding in sap as they did with the tundra after the changes to the stone buildings. Can we maybe consider cooking fruits and yielding generic sap/sugar? 

With the ability to start your 3 hour race to bank/island claim on any island (which I really think is a tremendous mistake) the imbalance of resources is really shining through. 

I kind of like having to roam for supplies/setup trade routes. But I'm having a hard time finding the same resources that were on the same island before PTR. Honey and wax plants haven't been where I remember them being. 

• Like 2

I have absolutely no problem roaming to get various things particularly for advanced progression, in fact I encourage diversifying the biomes further to increase the reason for trade and exploration. However saps/organic paste are a requirement to standard progression, even if it took 100 fruit for 1 sap or something absurd, we shouldn't be restricted from standard progression by the island's indigenous flora/fauna.

Specific items you cannot progress to without sap/organic paste:

• Fur Armour
  • Saddles 
  • Pipes
  • Reservoirs
  • Cliff platform

The only negative to being able to make sap/sugars would be the ability to make Copper Ingots (Alloy) more easily, however when Iron and Tin are wood/thatch it doesnt seem to me like this should be game breaking rather it would alleviate some of the discrepancy between islands. At least you can dig for Salt to make Cobalt Ingots (Alloy)

It should not be IMPOSSIBLE to effect standard progression without exploration only difficult.

I say all this with respect to the new system whereby everyone will start on their "favourite" island and race to be the first to claim it and put it in peace time so that they can remove any unwanted visitors in the first 24 hours of the game. It is going to be an absolute shitstorm. Diversifying the viable islands with a small addition such as cooking fruits into sugars and ensuring that ALL islands have pure metal spawns of some type shouldn't be terribly gamebreaking.

Edited by MisterMyztik

Disagree, all basic resources should be in all zones.  Maybe not on all islands, but at least on all zones.   Having no Berries means starving to death every few hours.  It means you can't even tame basic animals.   No Gems means no tax bank, no blasting powder.. No Salt.. no smelted metal unless you have iron.  No Sap.. Organic etc.. and so on.

13 hours ago, Juddo said:

I kind of like having to roam for supplies/setup trade routes. But I'm having a hard time finding the same resources that were on the same island before PTR. Honey and wax plants haven't been where I remember them being. 

Well, I done did found some. Maybe my memory isn't as good as it used to be, but it does seem like less. I'm in D7...need me to setup a trade route? I'd trade sugar for salt or tames.

I finally found "Gum" trees hidden away between some rocks.  That serves as Sap.  And I even found 2 areolla bushes, so I got my berries finally.  But it took some exploring, still not found gems and given the lack of tax banks in my area, neither has anyone else.  I'm surprised noones come to claim my island but the whole zone is still empty. Of claims.  There's 10 of us on the island.  Not seen anyone doing any pvp outside of having a laugh.  I'm too busy dodging tigers and snakes.

I've come out of the game to research taming elephants because I can't find anything for them to eat.

Edited by Martyn