Martyn

This is why I play Pve..

So finally logged in last night, but it was late, so basically ran around in the Dark.. because I always seem to spawn on an unknown island, in the dark.

After hiding in a bush for several hours, peering at dimly moving shapes, realising they were pigs.. and parrots.  I thought, yeh it's safe here.  Didn't see a soul nor anything nasty.

Logged out on a small rock out in the sea, hidden by mangos like trees.

Logged in today, after a few CTD's finally got ingame to a stable environment and played for around 7 hours or so.

First off, I learned that there are no Berries or Orange Vits of any kind on the entire island.  That I could find.

There's a few tigers..

There's no Gems.

And now I have a new neighbour.. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1705298034

So.. not being one for usually doing the pvp thing, I figured... must be some gold on that there ship. 

I made a Mortor.. of course, no gems, can't make blasting powder, can't make mortor shot..

Then I made a cannon, stuck it on roof next to mortor.. looks cool.  But apparently it can't swivel on the spot.  Who the hell makes these things.. like this.

Oh and of course, there's a timeout period before you can even fire the damn things.

I shoot the ship.. it moves to a different position, where it continues to pummel me.  I can't turn the cannon, can't pick it up, and if I place a new one.. it'll take 20mins before I can fire.

I did see another player.. scoped him out took his name, ran like a coward to my stone hut, before speaking to him in chat.. he was polite enough.. I see his sloop racing away from shore a few moments later.  Seems we're all cowards here.

This is why I play Pve..

• Haha 6

You play PvE because you weren’t prepared? When you play PvE and you want to start playing PvP, maybe be smart and look into things beforehand. That would solve 90% of what you said above 

54 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Odd, very odd I thought you knew all about the game? guess not.

Well this is the first time they have ever done anything like this. You can me married 50 years and still get surprised by a spouse. Nice try though

• Like 2

I was confused at the part where you hid in a bush for several hours.

Be careful of those shadowy figures watching you and ready to kill you.

Run back to pve server before you get ganked!

11 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Did you mistake them for any of the other "professionals" on this forum? It seems it would be easy to do... I mean We are all experts here right? lol... 

I think you are mistaken. This is my "pro" opinion. 

When you trolls grow up you might understand sarcasm.. as it is. Only pvp I've seen is when there's more of them than there is of their victims.

I've only died in suicide so far, because I couldn't be bothered listening to my oohs and aahs due to no orange vits.  Everytime I approach someone, they run away and hide.

That all said.. I've had enough of this PTR.. I still can't find any gems.  So I've started a pig farm instead.

Edited by Martyn
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

And I do.. except for the cannons and stuff.. which I hadn't used to that date.  But now I do know everything.  More or less. Cos I'm a smart monkey.

20 hours ago, Percieval said:

You play PvE because you weren’t prepared? When you play PvE and you want to start playing PvP, maybe be smart and look into things beforehand. That would solve 90% of what you said above 

Wasn't bored enough maybe? Looking at stuff wouldn't have prepared me, unless you meant staring at it for 30mins waiting for it to become available. 

i would highly recommend for new players, especially those that never played any ark like games to put in a good 100 hours on a pve server even 200. play pve till you know so much about the game that your getting bored. THEN roll a pvp toon. Youll still have alot to learn about game tactics in pvp, but youll know all the core mechanics. this is slower than my second suggestion, but youll get more total hours enjoying the game this way because youll stretch out your total hours playing this game by first getting bored of pve and you will know so much more.

You could also roll a pve toon to learn about the game where you build stuff learn the ropes without having to wake up to all your stuff being destroyed and at the same time roll a pvp toon, join a big company learn the pvp ropes without investing too much in pvp until your ready. Big companies in pvp always need a new guy to help out the more experienced players gathering mats manning cannons raiding etc....

i find Alot of pvp complaints on this forum seem to come from players that are jumping into pvp before they know enough about the game to not get frustrated getting killed and demolished. 

learn to walk before your try to run 🙂

just my 2 cents...

• Like 2

I agree, which is why I'm glad I only have 4066 hours in Ark pve and pvp.  It gives me a good basis to get on in the game. However, it doesn't make me well versed in every system 100% of the time, since I stopped playing Atlas months ago, only to restart 2 days ago, I think I've done very well so far.

I've  been playing PVE, with the PVP PTR up, our company logged in, claimed an island, made allies of the other group here after our first bank was destroyed. Killed a couple folks, all good and fun.

Dodged the SOTDS on the way to freeport to buy crew and....asshats have boxed in the crew vendor.  Building on Freeport, has it always been this way on PVP?  Bases, shipyards, etc.

• Like 1

No the freeports aren't really freeports anymore.  Just buildings on islands.  All islands accessible etc.  It's a very broken PTR.

I built my base 6 pillers in the sea.  Just unclaimed my pigs, not that many were left.  Broke the pillers.. now everything is gone. 🙂

I'm gonna wait for the pve ptr see what that looks like and maybe go live on the pve servers.  Pvp is boring.  If I want that, I'll play civ..

At least in Civ they can't run away.

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

And I do.. except for the cannons and stuff.. which I hadn't used to that date.  But now I do know everything.  More or less. Cos I'm a smart monkey.

Wasn't bored enough maybe? Looking at stuff wouldn't have prepared me, unless you meant staring at it for 30mins waiting for it to become available. 

I count 7 things in your original post that you can just delete because you could’ve known those beforehand. That’s what I was talking about. 

I count 25 in your last that you could delete and I'd care as much.

• Like 1

We spent hours trying to find gems in the south-east servers. Originally, that’s where we had identified as our ideal location when the patch goes live.

But, the metal in those servers is silver, which requires gems to make alloy. No alloy, no ship mounted weapons. No ship mounted weapons.....

You must have built a large cannon. Medium cannons can swivel, to some extent, but large cannons cannot move at all. Why did they put them on wheels though? 🤔

I was also completely unaware of a 20 minute timer when placing a cannon down in PvP. Is that only when in combat?

I think it's part of their new rules maybe.

Mortors is 30mins.

Large cannon 20mins medium cannon 15mins and swivels 10mins.  Also reloading with a different shot 10mins..

Pukkas 3 mins I think or 5.  Not 100% on the timers.  But thereabouts.

Yeh I realise the large cannon couldn't turn.  I guess you get the ship to do that for you.

In the previous version of the game, I did all the sailing, so never really looked at the cannons or how they worked outside of making them and putting them into the ships.  Crew or company fired them at stuff.  Never made any cannon towers, although I played around making some bulwarks etc for cannonades and also messed around with making semi impenetrable buildings. ie layers of walls, doors in the wrong places, lockers out of line with doors etc ie to make people work for their pillaging.    But by that time my company members were obviously getting bored with pvp and were already leaving.  Plus there were the weight exploiters etc ruining the game back then.

I've learnt alot of stuff in the last 24 hours.  I know pretty much exactly what I'll be doing when the live version comes out.  And where.  Irregardless of if I get an island settlement or not. 50% taxes doesn't scare me, it's just more grinding.

From reading posts in the pvp and on steam, it seems they've mega nerfed the game in many aspects, which makes me wonder if anyone will bother with pvp when they find out.  Except for the larger companies.. maybe that's where the money is.. I'm so glad there's alot of new games coming soon which cater for 4 man coops.. and single player.. might be time to say adios to grapeshot/wildcard and all of their variants.

Edited by Martyn

11 hours ago, Martyn said:

No the freeports aren't really freeports anymore.  Just buildings on islands.  All islands accessible etc.  It's a very broken PTR.

I built my base 6 pillers in the sea.  Just unclaimed my pigs, not that many were left.  Broke the pillers.. now everything is gone. 🙂

I'm gonna wait for the pve ptr see what that looks like and maybe go live on the pve servers.  Pvp is boring.  If I want that, I'll play civ..

At least in Civ they can't run away.

i see a Civ player i upvote 😀

• Like 1

Would it be possible for NO ONE to build in the G7 freeports, some Asshat built around all the Freeport guys you buy NPC's from and the GUY is Pathfinder (square).

5 hours ago, Bulldogg50 said:

Would it be possible for NO ONE to build in the G7 freeports, some Asshat built around all the Freeport guys you buy NPC's from and the GUY is Pathfinder (square).

That's a bug mate.. obviously. 

Ps if you really want to annoy people who raid you, build a large foundation area, say 50x50. Then on every tile inside, place doorways/doors. In one of the tile place a ladder up to next floor, do the same thing.. and so on to the third floor, there you place some lockers, but fill them only with flint or thatch or other useless item.   This way they'll need to break every door almost to find your way up to the next level, then again to the third, then they'll chop down your lockers only to find nothing in them.  Meanwhile place small lockers in undergrowth that is hidden from view and put your stuff in those instead.  Chances are the raiders will never find them.

Edited by Martyn

I would prefer a server where you cant raid bases without a war declaration and a time to prepare.

Would be a good middle ground where you can have pvp everywhere but also a save area when there is no war declared as i find zero challenge and fun in offline raiding and 24/7 protection against it.

I prefer the private servers so far as i really dont like the rulesets of either official pvp or pve network.

В пвп играть нужно жить в игре.... Как только ты уходиш в офф приедут и зарейдят тебя..... И вообще я заметил, что атлас это полный развод..... Вот вам ссылка на отслеживание количество игроков на серверах атлас  https://atlas.hgn.hu/grid/eu/pve  там хорошо видно, что сервер забит ботами для создантя массовости играков..... Лже рейтинг.... Сайт показывает игрока по стим нику..... Разве может быть в кластаре 5 игроков со стимовсктм ником 123...? Или игроки с ником n/a подключеным к серверу 200 часов....

3 hours ago, Diamond Smailik said:

В пвп играть нужно жить в игре.... Как только ты уходиш в офф приедут и зарейдят тебя..... И вообще я заметил, что атлас это полный развод..... Вот вам ссылка на отслеживание количество игроков на серверах атлас  https://atlas.hgn.hu/grid/eu/pve  там хорошо видно, что сервер забит ботами для создантя массовости играков..... Лже рейтинг.... Сайт показывает игрока по стим нику..... Разве может быть в кластаре 5 игроков со стимовсктм ником 123...? Или игроки с ником n/a подключеным к серверу 200 часов.... 

In pvp play you need to live in the game .... As soon as you leave for off, they will come to you and earn you ..... In general, I noticed that the atlas is a complete divorce ..... Here is a link to track the number of players on servers the atlas https://atlas.hgn.hu/grid/eu/pve there you can clearly see that the server is full of bots to create the mass media of the players ..... A false rating .... The site shows the player on the pitch ..... Can there be 5 players in a cluster with a Steve nickname 123 ...? Or players with the nickname n / a connected to the server for 200 hours.

Yep. Yeh C11 and D11 are pretty suspicious for the 123 avatar.. maybe some kind of data bug.. ? 
Edited by Martyn

On 4/7/2019 at 2:58 PM, Remo said:

i would highly recommend for new players, especially those that never played any ark like games to put in a good 100 hours on a pve server even 200. play pve till you know so much about the game that your getting bored. THEN roll a pvp toon. Youll still have alot to learn about game tactics in pvp, but youll know all the core mechanics. this is slower than my second suggestion, but youll get more total hours enjoying the game this way because youll stretch out your total hours playing this game by first getting bored of pve and you will know so much more.

You could also roll a pve toon to learn about the game where you build stuff learn the ropes without having to wake up to all your stuff being destroyed and at the same time roll a pvp toon, join a big company learn the pvp ropes without investing too much in pvp until your ready. Big companies in pvp always need a new guy to help out the more experienced players gathering mats manning cannons raiding etc....

i find Alot of pvp complaints on this forum seem to come from players that are jumping into pvp before they know enough about the game to not get frustrated getting killed and demolished. 

learn to walk before your try to run 🙂

just my 2 cents...

And in the end you will know little to nothing. Other than how to make buildings and ships of grand designs that have a horrible flaw in any pvp situation.

Just now, ragnar cook said:

And in the end you will know little to nothing. Other than how to make buildings and ships of grand designs that have a horrible flaw in any pvp situation.

We've never met and you already know me... all from a single post.  You're amazing.. I really mean that.. you are A M A Z I N G.

Now, kindly go back to your corner and sit in silence.

• Like 1