Bolognapwny

So Everyone can Build???

18 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Didn't call you by name, and now it turns out it's you who is touchy and passive-aggressive by stating into my face that you had a job, while in truth you meant that those who play during the day are jobless, with all the negative stuff that come with that left unsaid so that you maintain the appearance of being civil. Guess what, I have a job too, and I can play and PVP during the day; it's possible, when you are a functional addict like myself.

People like him have been running the forums since launch... Grape Shot actually thinks that they have the best interest for the game in mind... thus why they make some weird rule set that we are seeing on their PTR.. this is what these guys asked for... and it blows my mind.... 

Haven’t been able to play the PTR yet as I’ve been away all weekend.   I know I read in the captains log that claim owners were supposed to be able to destroy anything built by another company on their island <12 hours old during peacetime.

Is it a bug that this is not working or did they remove this intentionally?

11 minutes ago, Leynor said:

Haven’t been able to play the PTR yet as I’ve been away all weekend.   I know I read in the captains log that claim owners were supposed to be able to destroy anything built by another company on their island <12 hours old during peacetime.

Is it a bug that this is not working or did they remove this intentionally?

It was removed from Patch Notes... I am assuming they removed it on purpose...

It doesn't take away the fact that it shouldn't even be a thing... no one should be able to build on land they dont pay for period dot dot.... Unless specifically stated by the person that own the land.

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

People like him have been running the forums since launch... Grape Shot actually thinks that they have the best interest for the game in mind... thus why they make some weird rule set that we are seeing on their PTR.. this is what these guys asked for... and it blows my mind.... 

Why are you so aggressive towards people who have different opinions and visions of how game should look like? I just dont get it. 

Just now, Willard said:

Why are you so aggressive towards people who have different opinions and visions of how game should look like? I just dont get it. 

there are difference in opinions when they don't hurt other people... but you are doing damage to the game... so yes I am aggressive when it comes to you trying to destroy something I want to see succeed.

10 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

there are difference in opinions when they don't hurt other people... but you are doing damage to the game... so yes I am aggressive when it comes to you trying to destroy something I want to see succeed.

Right. Having a king as landlord destroying anyone’s progress making it damn easy to cartel forming if you play it smart, it will be abused badly in PvP and even more in PvE, yeah you really want the best for the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Percieval said:

Right. Having a king as landlord destroying anyone’s progress making it damn easy to cartel forming if you play it smart, it will be abused badly in PvP and even more in PvE, yeah you really want the best for the game. 

LOL I can see you are more than likely special needs.

The mechanic doesn't change that.... all it does is make it more of a hassle to get rid of a lil coat tale riding noob like yourself.... 

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

LOL I can see you are more than likely special needs.

The mechanic doesn't change that.... all it does is make it more of a hassle to get rid of a lil coat tale riding noob like yourself.... 

Yeah sure, it won’t change it. Come on man don’t be that damn naive. 

• Like 1

Yeah sure, it won’t change it. Come on man don’t be that damn naive. 

Are you stupid?  I literally just ran some noobs off my island Saturday....... 2 randoms aren't gonna be allowed to go live where ever they want... lmao I'm gonna destroy their crap as soon as I see it and run them the hell off.

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Are you stupid?  I literally just ran some noobs off my island Saturday....... 2 randoms aren't gonna be allowed to go live where ever they want... lmao I'm gonna destroy their crap as soon as I see it and run them the hell off.

Then why the hell is all of your crying good for, if you’re already fixing it yourself. Man I’m facepalming hard. 

• Like 1

Then why the hell is all of your crying good for, if you’re already fixing it yourself. Man I’m facepalming hard. 

You are facepalming because you are missing the entire point I am trying to make... IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PEOPLE WANTING TO LIVE ON YOUR LAND..

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT A DECENT SIZED CORP AND GOD FEARING A MEGA COULD INSTANTLY BUILD A HUGE FORTRESS ON YOUR ISLAND (YOUR ISLAND NOT THEIRS)  AND COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY TAKE AWAY ANY DEFENSIVE ADVANTAGE YOUR COMPANY HAD....

how many times do I have to repeat myself about this.

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

You are facepalming because you are missing the entire point I am trying to make... IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PEOPLE WANTING TO LIVE ON YOUR LAND..

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT A DECENT SIZED CORP AND GOD FEARING A MEGA COULD INSTANTLY BUILD A HUGE FORTRESS ON YOUR ISLAND (YOUR ISLAND NOT THEIRS)  AND COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY TAKE AWAY ANY DEFENSIVE ADVANTAGE YOUR COMPANY HAD....

how many times do I have to repeat myself about this.

So we’ve literally came back to the point I made at first that you completely ignored and just continued to ramble on with the accusations. Like I said this is a starting point and we go from here, and let’s repeat again: “I’m pretty sure they will tweak that a little bit.” Man man man. 

• Like 1

When I see the sewage that regularly spews forth from someone like Balonyboy I am comforted by the knowledge they are just miserable all the time.... in all facets of their life people are just steaming pools of negative misery.... and yes, that gives me comfort....🤪

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

So we’ve literally came back to the point I made at first that you completely ignored and just continued to ramble on with the accusations. Like I said this is a starting point and we go from here, and let’s repeat again: “I’m pretty sure they will tweak that a little bit.” Man man man. 

There is no starting point... its an easy fix...

No one but who the landlord chooses can build on an island they pay upkeep for... simple as that.

• Like 1

It was removed from Patch Notes... I am assuming they removed it on purpose...

It doesn't take away the fact that it shouldn't even be a thing... no one should be able to build on land they dont pay for period dot dot.... Unless specifically stated by the person that own the land.

Yeh they also removed a map that was in the log as well, showing a map with two pve zones and empire and colony zones on it.  Which is what I thought the PTR would be.  A map with various ideas all working together so they could see who settled where etc.

But typical wc/gs devs to go and just remove stuff, so they can convienently deny stuff later on.

And yes, I think whitelisting settlements is the ONLY way they can work.

Whilst it would block legitimate players from building, it would also completely block griefers and only allow pvp attackers to place foundations during war periods in pvp.  I'd also suggest removing the timers on everything, so it can be immiediately used as well.

Edited by Martyn

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

There is no starting point... its an easy fix...

No one but who the landlord chooses can build on an island they pay upkeep for... simple as that.

And what about ‘tweaking’ placement times and so on. Making it necessarily for them to place them in advance of raid hours except during war hours. Notification and it’s solved. You do need to be online though, but that’s something you have accepted as a landlord. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

Notifications could be pushed to mobile phone apps as well, allowing warnings to landlords whilst offline.  Then they could actually sleep irl as well.

2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Notifications could be pushed to mobile phone apps as well, allowing warnings to landlords whilst offline.  Then they could actually sleep irl as well.

Sure, I’m wondering when we get some kind of Atlas app. Even though there isn’t that much information a game like ARK has. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 2

I also tested foundation placement. Seems you can build on enemy land 21-25 foundations away from the owners foundation or gate.

If it remains this way, we will see owners foundation spamming the whole islands to prevent enemy/unwanted building.

39 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

😄 lol

Im going to report a bug to PTR section instead of talking to you. Its completely pointless.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

And what about ‘tweaking’ placement times and so on. Making it necessarily for them to place them in advance of raid hours except during war hours. Notification and it’s solved. You do need to be online though, but that’s something you have accepted as a landlord. 

I just don't see the point in it... the everyone can build will not solve the issue of people not finding land... hard capping how many islands you can control is the only thing that can solve that.  This fix is lazy, and like I said is just an easy way for megas to control who they want and where.  Even with the old system I was able to  hold out against megas because they couldn't get close with anything except for cannon bears... and even then I could snipe them off their mounts.   If this goes to live... mark my words... everyone that came back will be right back in here complaining about no place to live, and that megas have ONCE AGAIN destroyed the game....

Defenders should have the advantage.....

37 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I just don't see the point in it... the everyone can build will not solve the issue of people not finding land... hard capping how many islands you can control is the only thing that can solve that.  This fix is lazy, and like I said is just an easy way for megas to control who they want and where.  Even with the old system I was able to  hold out against megas because they couldn't get close with anything except for cannon bears... and even then I could snipe them off their mounts.   If this goes to live... mark my words... everyone that came back will be right back in here complaining about no place to live, and that megas have ONCE AGAIN destroyed the game....

There is a limit for how many islands you can own. Company has 200 island points, can´t have more.

5 minutes ago, Willard said:

There is a limit for how many islands you can own. Company has 200 island points, can´t have more.

I know, I am saying thats what fixes the issue at hand... not the everyone can build crap.

8 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

If you give attacking the advantage, mega’s will benefit from it most, if you give defenders the advantage, they will benefit from it to most once again. I wasn’t even talking about people not being able to find land, if you make it that the landlord can delete any building, the chances of people finding land will be way less then when you don’t. I was talking about some good raids with equal chances. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Percieval said:

If you give attacking the advantage, mega’s will benefit from it most, if you give defenders the advantage, they will benefit from it to most once again. I wasn’t even talking about people not being able to find land, if you make it that the landlord can delete any building, the chances of people finding land will be way less then when you don’t. I was talking about some good raids with equal chances. 

Landowners are not going to allow randoms to live on their land... it will be allies only... this make believe ideal that allowing people to build where they want is surely the fix is the most ludicrous thing I have heard on these forums.

Which of the two evils do you want... Megas that can defend their island easy... or Megas that can take islands easy?  I dunno about you... but I'm fine with them defending their island... so long as they can't pointlessly go around destroying all the small companies just for fun....