Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

My feedback

Not sure if it's right place, but I'll put all my thoughts here.

And there WONT BE any words about claiming system, because I PVE and don't wanna do that interaction in game.

Just Lawless PVE. M3.

First 2 hours impression.

---

If you add some height to pathfinder - he won't fit inventory screen:

O3WMqSe.jpg

---

As far as I see - spawnpoint slowly travels though the island shoreline. Around island clockwise. I've already spent for like more than an hour do naked runs to my base. Each dead moved me farther and farther away.

---

RAINS! Again -18'C and RAINS! Guys. Please, remove rain from tundra when it's below zero. It's just as unreal as it gets! There must be snow weather somewhere - so let it be. (when It's raining and you die and your spawnpoint far away - there is just NO WAY (totally no) you get your corpse. If you gathered something - you lost it all with NO CHANCE.

---

Renewed eastern tundra REALLY GREAT and looks very very nice with those pink blooming trees! Nice one! 

V5nPWMA.jpg

---

I do love seeing couple of islands not far from my shore. New map is cool!

---

Game crashed 2 times. Once I was trying to hit a tree with metal pick. Another time - just wandering around building my base.

---

More notes to come (my goal to check ships battles, ship leveling and soloing SqotDs!

(p.s. my FPS raised well. Good one).

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 2

A little more update.

---

Small wood gate - in stone section of smithy. 

Since the beginning - lighthouse in cooking menu. It's still there.

---

Weigh of stuff in inventory moved behind the border. Resize scale of UI doen't fix problem:

JcKE6zZ.jpg

---

Found WEIRD BUG.

When I try to place any construction during the night, after I push "place" button, ALL SCREEN GOES DARK almost BLACK. It happening when I place foundation or shipyard:

CmH8b4O.jpg

I loosing opportunity to see where I put the structure.

---

Finally met snowfall. I was happy to see one:

ZtaixLK.jpg

I hope one day there will be snow covering everything (like roof goes white with snow caps etc).

---

And... yeah. I didn't see clear sky in eastern tundra. Not at all.

• Like 1

Few more issues.

---

Just got my hatchet's and pick's sound disappeared. I wave and just hear sound of wood cracking or fibers whisper : )

---

I found those Fog of War skills in a seamanship skill tree. There is no more fog of war right?

---

I do really like the speed of current resources respawn. I wish things go this way on official after a wipe. (Before that I had just 4 metal spawn in my island and each was on 3 real hours resp time. Imagine how unhappy we were : )

---

And I out of the game. It crashed. And I don't see any servers. Rejoin doesn't work. Join new atlas - show NO SESSIONS. If I switch from official servers to "favorite" some test server appear with just 10 girds available, it PVP and it require to create new pathfinder.

Edited by George Catcher

3 hours ago, George Catcher said:

A little more update.

---

Small wood gate - in stone section of smithy. 

Since the beginning - lighthouse in cooking menu. It's still there.

---

Weigh of stuff in inventory moved behind the border. Resize scale of UI doen't fix problem:

JcKE6zZ.jpg

---

Found WEIRD BUG.

When I try to place any construction during the night, after I push "place" button, ALL SCREEN GOES DARK almost BLACK. It happening when I place foundation or shipyard:

CmH8b4O.jpg

I loosing opportunity to see where I put the structure.

---

Finally met snowfall. I was happy to see one:

ZtaixLK.jpg

I hope one day there will be snow covering everything (like roof goes white with snow caps etc).

---

And... yeah. I didn't see clear sky in eastern tundra. Not at all.

Love the snow picture. I'd also like to see snow covered areas and make it where you can leave tracks in the snow but probably down the line for that, if it happens.

• Like 1

I regret the game is still so demanding : both GPU (GTX 1080Ti) and CPU (i7-7700k) are nearly overheating for 100 fps and only 13 players on the server….

• Like 1

Ok. Found one more weird thing. I made a bridge so wild animals could pass through my path way from pier to town. And as I mentioned before - stairs disappeared. It happened twice in both sides.

9UUY9wQ.jpg

After that I couldn't restore my stairs because they start to require foundation support.

Same later on happened to my tames paddock edge cover. I was on my roof construction process, and suddenly found I can not place one roof piece:

EzdeFsq.jpg

But I could place the next section with no problems:

6qZ7ptv.jpg

If I do so - I then can place the piece I couldn't do before:

fAQlpbL.jpg

But if I do so - after a while those troublesome roof pieces will disappear. You see some missing parts there:

1pK5xaY.jpg

I put pillars underneath. It solve the problem. 

But the situation when game allow you to build something, then change it's mind and erase things you build is wrong.

• Like 1

Kudos for your bug reports by the way, best thread on the forums for reporting what you find. hopefully they fix what you find, I haven't tried the test servers so thanks for taking part in testing them, you're doing us all a favour.

• Like 1

I truly hope it's playable for me now..  I just figured if I could run Ark I could run this.. 😞

Does anyone else play this game with my specs?   

nvidia gforce 650m , Intel Rcore i 73630qm cpu at 2.40 GHz , 7.95 gb ram, 1366 x768

Edited by PQQT
Question

Update from today playing.

---

I couldn't normally do anything. Because whole day my game crashed for 9 times. And not a single server worked well. 

The worst about crashes - it happen for like 3-7 minutes of loading something and only then I got error message (all the same about memory lost and some "line 54"). After that game close for another couple of minutes and I finally able to log in. I was in the middle of grid, full speed by schooner. After I crashed and loaded again I found myself behind the border I was heading to.

And after every login or after server change - some network issues appears. It's like I get signal from server for 1 sec. And then for 3-4 sec - it's nothing. All animals, tames, ships, etc, just do mannequin challenge. Then they dash to catch timeline and freeze again.

This problem disappeared couple of times. After that I spent whole evening - seeing those freezes/dashes.

My neighbors said - they have smooth network connection. It means something in my side, right?. But I did speedtest while in the game. It shows stable 100mbs for both download and upload.

Still didn't have a chance to start building a battle Brig and check SqotDs soloing.

---

I crossed border and found myself stuck inside steering wheel. I couldn't move, couldn't do any action, couldn't even demolish steering wheel. All I could do - is watch my ship run in to island full speed. Thx Gods my schooner made it after collision. (then game crashed and after that - I found myself free from capture and steering wheel is gone) 

---

While FPS in Eastern Tundra is really great (somewhere near 25-30), in Temperate - it's worse then before. Around 5-8...

---

The new ship stats to level are confusing. How do I suppose to know what does those numbers do? I mean I can increase damage output by 0.1...

...is that 10%? (from 1200 to 1320... to 7320 in max 51 lvl... which is 73k alpha strike with 10 cannon Brig. Oneshots most of SotDs).

...is that 0.1%? (from 1200 to  1201.2... to 1261.2 in max 51 lvl... which is doesn't worth it...).

...or maybe it increase damage from 1200 to 1200.1 lol? 

Just percentage would be better IMAO. If I'll have a chance - I'll test those numbers.

---

And yeah. What are those?

C4vYUJ8.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

18 hours ago, George Catcher said:

And yeah. What are those?

C4vYUJ8.jpg

Thats the new underwater trenches that need the sub to get into.

• Thanks 1

It's day 3.

---

I log in and found my ship is gone. Nothing in a log - just bed was removed and that's it.

---

Even with pillar support my roofs and ceilings keep disappearing.

ZlpFqKf.jpg

Nothing in a log here as well...

OK. I joined NA PVE.

---

Game works way more stable (just one crash). And it's also eats way less memory than before. Keep up the good work!

---

One issue I don't like about renewed Eastern Tundra - way to gentle sloping sea bottom. I built a pier. It's about 40 celings long and it's just 4 pillars deep. I put large shipyard there and gonna check - if I'll release BRIG with no problems, but even now - my pier way longer than my base.

---

Oh and... yeah, heatwave in Tundra. It's +27"C (80"F)... The warmest heatwave before wipe I experienced - was +13"C (55"F) in Tundra and +64"C (147"F) in Desert. Right now Tundra have +27"C (80"F) and I'm scared to imagine - what's happening in Desert (like in the bath I guess. With boiling ocean and boiled crayfish floating around lol).

n4uL0Jh.jpg

Today I finally went out my island. Still on my way to soloing SqotDs (if all goes well, I'll try em tomorrow).

So new notes and screens here:

---

Brig handling way-way better than before. Not sure if that's handling sail add some turn speed, or just Brig was rebalanced, but now - it's just really fast. I'll test it in battle later.

---

Rendering distances of small islands in Arctic (like L1 and that arch island for example) way to low. It's like I see big island, I sail there and suddenly small island appear on my way. Same with M2 freeport. Before wipe my closest freeport was I3 and I saw my island after I crossed the border. Right now It appears only when I get close enough.

---

Part of heavy medusa armor shows on 1st person screen when I take a brush in my hand. This is not good:

Ig8hqot.jpg

---

Oh and FOREST GREEN dye still doesn't work (I apply it to my brush and it's clean from all paints and do now draw).

---

And finally. Really THX for that. It's awesome!

6IzqpYq.jpg

jh20jEI.jpg

---

p.s. - snowfall refills water barrel : ))

Edited by George Catcher

Ok I finally made it through SqotDs. Here is some of my experience.

---

I made it solo by just a default BRIG with 6 cannons in gunports and 4 extra in top deck.

---

Squads made battle more interesting, because now you cannot just sail by, shoot and then repeat. You must pay attention to your direction, wind, who to shoot, etc. The worst thing you can do is get yourself between GalleyOD and another two.

---

My first battle was against lvl-14 Small, lvl-6 Middle and lvl-4 Galley. They took around 80 cannonballs, made one leak and got out my 1 plank.

Second one was against lvl-4 Small, lvl-4 Middle and lvl-14 Galley. 120 cannonballs, around 4-5 leaks and 4 planks are gone. That lvl-14 Galley was really badass.

---

Now the numbers. While I cannot see how well my ship is protected by this new skill, I could see my damage increased with this new stat. +0.1 damage up my usual cannon alpha strike from 1230 to 1290.

It means it's +5%

It means if those numbers are linear, you put 20 points in that damage output, and you double your damage and that's really great. If this defence skill working like that, It also going to be must have one, because even lvl-14 GalleyOD have just insane rain of those cursed cannonballs. One barrage - and you see 2 holes in your ship. Really dangerous (some skills to fight those are required). 

---

Bad thing about those SqotDs - you cannot just run around one single spot and fight. Especially with those high lvl SotDs. It means - If you end them one by one and do alot of sailings and maneuvering, you might just lost some of your loot and never find it.

---

So that's it I guess... I tested some stuff : ) Check my "mark-2" town with watercourse green and orange paint:

sGEbRln.jpg

t1452xs.jpg

66IIBuB.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

Oh and few bad things.

---

Right now game have some rendering distance problems. The picture I took THE MOMENT AFTER the island appeared from nowhere:

v1SwuvC.jpg

When I back to my island - some mountains and big scary guy statue didn't load at all. I'm running there and they still missing (check those pines on mountains):

NgeK5j4.jpg

And as you can see on s picture above - "heavy medusa" armor seeing from POV. It's really annoys me while in the sea battle.