Sign in to follow this  
Bitroaster

plant resources naming totally off

Just picked up a coconut. it turned out to be a wild cactus. 

daysies yield parsley. and so on .

funny for a while but weird in the end.

Did you guys have to much grog ? 😂:classic_rolleyes: 

Duh!

Same bug here, ressource distribution seems to be bugged.

Gras bushes yield tons of garlic in M14, no resin at all and iron nodes give tons of silver which is useless without gems. And last not least, no Resin at all. Absolutely not sure, if this is intentional because the combination is useless.

Not sure about resource balancing. But resource naming is off from the very beginning. very few resource nodes match their visuals. in my experience any given plant, e.g.  one that has the texture visuals of a "daisy", yields a different resource in a different map sector. parsley in F5,  oregano in G6, coconut in B5 or so. But it never really ends up being a daisy (maybe fibers) in your inventory. 

It really look as if they randomly pull names from a database without any QA. It's a bit sad. the graphic designers really gave the items, plants, minerals great detail. but the coders don't give a crap. they just glue the pieces together as if they were blind or at least ignorant. 

• Like 1

misnamed flora has always been a problem.   It is because the design used the same art for the naming variations but the person doing the naming did not check to see if the art they are using matches the name they are giving.  I know I saw the coconut/cactus and daisy/parsley thing before.  Another one is sugar canes are also bamboo thatch.

• Sad 1