Realist

Taking down NA PVE?

Sure that is a good idea guys?

i mean you have eu pve some warning and all. Smh

all so everyone can play on a test server because not everyone can get on to the other “test” server.

man guys, you just keep messing up. I first I didn’t like the idea of you just going live before a test but Jesus Christ, it would probably have been better.

shouldnt matter if the numbers are low, you can’t just permanently shut down and wipe something without any notice. That is very  unprofessional

What I can’t understand is for weeks and weeks they gave us “In 20 minutes we will be...” almost every night. Even Kmart tells you that you have 15 minutes before closing. Not cool.

12 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

What I can’t understand is for weeks and weeks they gave us “In 20 minutes we will be...” almost every night. Even Kmart tells you that you have 15 minutes before closing. Not cool.

Yeah and permanently wiping a server and only giving a couple days notice is very bad. Like very very bad.

god, right when I think they start to turn things around they do something like this. Smh

Everybody has known the wipes were incoming for well over a month, what's cutting it short a few days, besides most were anticipating it at the end of last month. i'm on NA pve, and i don't see a problem with it, with over 600 hours in it before the announcement of the wipe.

43 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

Everybody has known the wipes were incoming for well over a month, what's cutting it short a few days, besides most were anticipating it at the end of last month. i'm on NA pve, and i don't see a problem with it, with over 600 hours in it before the announcement of the wipe.

26 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Shut it all down...

Yep. They need to all come down. 

Just because you don’t see the problem doesn’t mean there isn’t one. And no people weren’t expecting it to happen Monday. This is just another poor choice.

and it is not cutting it short a few days, but good job trying to minimize. What they need is only one test server. Different servers can give mixed feedback which could lead to bigger problems.

if you think the ptr is only a week then you would be mistaken.

not at you sneaky dude. Just the first sentence towards you. But yeah they should be taking them all down and if they are going about it this way they just should have went live with it.

because if something happens they are going to have to start from scratch anyways so it really doesn’t matter if it was a ptr or not.

and to honest, if they were going to do something like this they should have been calling the “official” servers test servers all along 

They need different feedback for PvP and PvE colonie claims they have different rulesets. need feedback for each.

19 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yep. They need to all come down. 

Just because you don’t see the problem doesn’t mean there isn’t one. And no people weren’t expecting it to happen Monday. This is just another poor choice.

and it is not cutting it short a few days, but good job trying to minimize. What they need is only one test server. Different servers can give mixed feedback which could lead to bigger problems.

if you think the ptr is only a week then you would be mistaken.

not at you sneaky dude. Just the first sentence towards you. But yeah they should be taking them all down and if they are going about it this way they just should have went live with it.

because if something happens they are going to have to start from scratch anyways so it really doesn’t matter if it was a ptr or not.

and to honest, if they were going to do something like this they should have been calling the “official” servers test servers all along 

And just because you see a problem doesn't mean that there is one. It doesn't matter when people were expecting it to happen, it was announced, and they were informed that everything was going away.  It's odd that people complain with a lot of advanced warning, or very little. seems nothing will make some happy. i'll go back to playing instead of writing on the forums now.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DilBert said:

They need different feedback for PvP and PvE colonie claims they have different rulesets. need feedback for each.

Yes and they also need feedback from empires so they also need to get rid of Eu pvp or na pvp. 3 types are getting tested so 3 servers need to go down. Might as well make it all 4 then

3 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

And just because you see a problem doesn't mean that there is one. It doesn't matter when people were expecting it to happen, it was announced, and they were informed that everything was going away.  It's odd that people complain with a lot of advanced warning, or very little. seems nothing will make some happy. i'll go back to playing instead of writing on the forums now.

There was no warning. The wipe wasn’t going to happen until after the ptr. They also said that. So I guess we should take them on their word then?

so now they just give a rushed warning when these people thought they had atleast till after the ptr before being wiped.

so no. No advanced warning 

• Like 2

Even a 24 hour warning would have been appreciated.  Instead we've been getting frequent notices that they were postponing the wipes, the last one saying "We're now looking at the 11th for the wipe."....  then a few hours ago, they announce that the NA PVE server is being shut down, then pull the plug a very short time later.  😡

This is just complaining for the sake of complaining, nothing more. You guys are the kind of people this society should definitely not depend on. 

• Like 2

Shutting it down with no notice is a bit of an odd thing to do, it feels like they didn't think anyone would want to test PvE PTR until Colonies PTR was released. 🤔

However, the 300-400 that were playing on NA PvE all knew the server only had about a week of live left in it.

They should count themselves lucky that they only have at least a week to wait until the 1.5 goes live, unlike EU PvE that have been without a server for weeks, and on top of that PTR delayed by days.

As I say, shutting down with zero notice is an odd thing to do and will upset some of those that were playing on it, but it's not the worst decision that's been made.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Percieval said:

This is just complaining for the sake of complaining, nothing more. You guys are the kind of people this society should definitely not depend on. 

So people were told they could keeping playing with something until the 11th of the month, only to have that something taken away on the 5th with no warning...  and if those people complain about it, they are somehow undependable?

Sounds legit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flakbait said:

So people were told they could keeping playing with something until the 11th of the month, only to have that something taken away on the 5th with no warning...  and if those people complain about it, they are somehow undependable?

Sounds legit.

Yeah yeah yeah i’ve heard all about it. Same people complained for a month that they needed to wait another month. Way I see it, best to do it as soon as possible. Could they give a bit of a warning so you could say goodbye to all of your precious animals and what now, sure. But it’s not like theyre not allowed to do it, nor will it decrease the playerbase even more. I’ve played a good 700 hours on NA PVP, and I don’t mind it at all. I’m really starting to wonder whether I’m normal and you guys aren’t, or the other way around. Or maybe it’s just age, even though I’m only 20 and I had to sat down grown ups with kids already. 

What's undependable is their scheduling.  When it comes to providing new announced features, it's delay delay delay.  When it comes to taking something away, it's shockingly early with no warning.

Should be the other way around.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

No it’s not complaining just to complain. Being mad if they missed a deadline by only an hour would be complaining just to complain.

don’t  even dude. This was a bad judgement call. Like GP said it wasn’t their worst decision Which I agree and I didn’t say it was but it was a poor decision. 

Edited by Realist

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

Yeah yeah yeah i’ve heard all about it. Same people complained for a month that they needed to wait another month. Way I see it, best to do it as soon as possible. Could they give a bit of a warning so you could say goodbye to all of your precious animals and what now, sure. But it’s not like theyre not allowed to do it, nor will it decrease the playerbase even more. I’ve played a good 700 hours on NA PVP, and I don’t mind it at all. I’m really starting to wonder whether I’m normal and you guys aren’t, or the other way around. Or maybe it’s just age, even though I’m only 20 and I had to sat down grown ups with kids already. 

You see that is the problem man. If you think one person is abnormal and you are normal then you might be right. If you start thinking a lot of people are abnormal and you are normal then you usually end up being the abnormal one.

”if you wake up in the morning and go through your day and you think someone is an asshole, they are probably an asshole. If you go through your day thinking everyone is and asshole the. You are the asshole”

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Shutting it down with no notice is a bit of an odd thing to do, it feels like they didn't think anyone would want to test PvE PTR until Colonies PTR was released. 🤔

However, the 300-400 that were playing on NA PvE all knew the server only had about a week of live left in it.

They should count themselves lucky that they only have at least a week to wait until the 1.5 goes live, unlike EU PvE that have been without a server for weeks, and on top of that PTR delayed by days.

As I say, shutting down with zero notice is an odd thing to do and will upset some of those that were playing on it, but it's not the worst decision that's been made.

Totally agree, I am not shouting curse words at them and hurling insults. I also don’t think it was their worse decision. I do however think it was a poor choice to go about it the way they did.

i am sure some people don’t care, but the ones affected are definitely going to feel it.

10 hours ago, Realist said:

You see that is the problem man. If you think one person is abnormal and you are normal then you might be right. If you start thinking a lot of people are abnormal and you are normal then you usually end up being the abnormal one.

”if you wake up in the morning and go through your day and you think someone is an asshole, they are probably an asshole. If you go through your day thinking everyone is and asshole the. You are the asshole”

Hmm, maybe in ‘the real world’ but with games you just have ego’s as big as Africa you need to deal with. Somehow people think they’re sitting on some kind of throne and whatever they say is true. It’s what we’ve seen for the last 5 months with this game, and what we’ve seen with ARK the years before (Because I’ve only been on the forums with those 2.)  everything needs go be perfect for them, any kind of understanding of the blue banner at the game disappears when they’re stepped on their toes. No wonder both ARK’s and ATLAS’ communities are toxic as hell when things go just a little bit south. Buckle up and don’t be such a whiner, that’s just my message to all those people out there. 

14 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The only people I feel sorry for are the few that either planned a farewell party for their company or planned to do something just before it closed, but they were given no opportunity to do it.

Yeah.  I was looking forward to making a video of our end-of-the-world party which was scheduled for the 7th.  I spent the last two weeks' worth of play time making resource runs to craft explosive barrels and mortar rounds.  Had maybe 400 mortar shots stockpiled.  Had two storage things with every slot (minus two slots in the 2nd storage unit) filled with 10 barrels each.  Can't for the life of me remember how many slots each had, but it added up to a shitton and a half I'm sure.  We planned to pack each ship in our big fleet with the barrels and start the party with a lot of kablooies.  Then we'd let our dozens of tames loose (set to aggressive + wander), sit back, and watch the fun.  When we tired of that, the remaining barrels would go to our base buildings.  They don't do much damage at all to stone, but we'd finish the place off with a battery of mortars set up just past the edge of their minimum firing range.

Should have planned to do it earlier.  Would have been epic.  Ah well.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Flakbait said:

Yeah.  I was looking forward to making a video of our end-of-the-world party which was scheduled for the 7th.  I spent the last two weeks' worth of play time making resource runs to craft explosive barrels and mortar rounds.  Had maybe 400 mortar shots stockpiled.  Had two storage things with every slot (minus two slots in the 2nd storage unit) filled with 10 barrels each.  Can't for the life of me remember how many slots each had, but it added up to a shitton and a half I'm sure.  We planned to pack each ship in our big fleet with the barrels and start the party with a lot of kablooies.  Then we'd let our dozens of tames loose (set to aggressive + wander), sit back, and watch the fun.  When we tired of that, the remaining barrels would go to our base buildings.  They don't do much damage at all to stone, but we'd finish the place off with a battery of mortars set up just past the edge of their minimum firing range.

Should have planned to do it earlier.  Would have been epic.  Ah well.

Damn, that sounds like it would have been awesome. Nah, you shouldn’t have had to plan it earlier. As far as everyone knew the wipe wasn’t until the ptr was over.

sucks man, but yes that would have been cool to see

Well, in fact we are well passed the original wipe date, so this topic is nothing more than just letting off steam.

They have been totally transparent about this whole wipe and megapatch thing, it's not the devs fault if you don't keep yourself informed.  The quicker the wipe comes and original servers come back online the better imo.

5 minutes ago, KarmaComa said:

Well, in fact we are well passed the original wipe date, so this topic is nothing more than just letting off steam.

They have been totally transparent about this whole wipe and megapatch thing, it's not the devs fault if you don't keep yourself informed.  The quicker the wipe comes and original servers come back online the better imo.

I am probably better informed than you. But you are right. The devs never came even close to their original wipe date, that you are correct on.

but no, nothing they said even came close to them removing na pve at this point. In fact, the only thing that was said was after the ptr was done the remaining servers would be wiped for the new mechanics to take place.

its all good man, I am sure you thought you were informed. No harm no foul

You can patronise all you want, the fact is we all knew the wipe was coming, it doesn't matter on what date etc, it happens when it's ready and it seems the devs are ready and you don't like that, obviously.

27 minutes ago, KarmaComa said:

You can patronise all you want, the fact is we all knew the wipe was coming, it doesn't matter on what date etc, it happens when it's ready and it seems the devs are ready and you don't like that, obviously.

Yes it does matter what date it is. It also matters if they don’t follow through with what they said.

side note, the wipe still isn’t coming for a good amount of time