Dollie

CAPTAIN’S LOG 25: TEST AHOY!

Yes Atlas 123 company built up on E-4 South Island) surrounding the vendor you buy NPC's from. Very cheesy and nooby but easy to get your new npc's out of there if you have a friend with a chair outside the behemoth gate to place them onto.

it doesn't matter what the devs do...there will always be people who don't approve changes. Myself, i'm not a big fan of the claim system but i will adapt. I won't get into details on everything but overall i think they've done a decent job so far.

I haven't gotten around to the submarine/crabs yet but i will on private server soon. I hear they need fixes anyway.

There are many ships of the damned. It's a cool concept having them in packs but my goodness, i counted 24 total all within render distance. 

Bravo on the new grappling hook, very cool.

Vitamin system still sucks. Just scrap the idea and slap whoever originally thought of it.

I can still shoot creatures in the face with arrows and they take 0 damage, wtf.

I was unable to play today for more than 2 minutes at a time due to disconnections on D-5 but overall, as the great Max Holloway says, It is what it is. 

12 hours ago, Bulldogg50 said:

I made a post about this as well its in F8 i believe, in that area. all four ports (Pathfinder (square)) has blocked in the NPC buyer. this guy needs to be banded, utterly ridiculous how this sort of thing can happen, NO building on the Freeports, NONE, even in test mode should you be allowed to build in a Freeport....its just that a FREEPORT.  I just love how this guy can get away with it and will be allowed into the next game to screw everyone over again.

These will get away with it, even after the wipe. There's not a single admin/dev/Jat who will do something about it.

Griefers will have freeplay all over, they just gonna wipe it all again in like 3/6 months and hope they'll not return.

Lost hope if you ask me.

My expectations for this EA game was bug fixing and content updates,not pvp tweaking or server reboots. I wish now we were told the EXACT intent of this game because MANY of us joined for PVE and never expected PVP to influence PVE server wipes or even have PVE settings catered to pvp.

OFFLINE<<<keyword.How are game settings going to affect players when they are offline,nobody can game or wants to play 24/7.So a group of friends in a different time zone than a larger alliance is all offline,every last player offline,how are the settings going  to help them and the game ?

Gamer's cannot cater to game settings,they have lives to live,so the settings MUST cater to the players.If you are going to focus on pvp make sure it does not affect or alienate pve players which is likely half the community.PVP should have safe areas and be VERY restricted because of two very keywords "unbalance" and "offline".

28 minutes ago, zubov56 said:

My expectations for this EA game was bug fixing and content updates,not pvp tweaking or server reboots. I wish now we were told the EXACT intent of this game because MANY of us joined for PVE and never expected PVP to influence PVE server wipes or even have PVE settings catered to pvp.

OFFLINE<<<keyword.How are game settings going to affect players when they are offline,nobody can game or wants to play 24/7.So a group of friends in a different time zone than a larger alliance is all offline,every last player offline,how are the settings going  to help them and the game ?

Gamer's cannot cater to game settings,they have lives to live,so the settings MUST cater to the players.If you are going to focus on pvp make sure it does not affect or alienate pve players which is likely half the community.PVP should have safe areas and be VERY restricted because of two very keywords "unbalance" and "offline".

Like thousands,  had the same expectations.

Like thousands, we wanted this company to learn from ARK.

Like thousands, we're being let down. 

Again.

23 hours ago, vaylain said:

Can we get an updated, Official Word on the new "ATLAS: 1.5 Launch" please Grapeshot? I would like to plan ahead and prepare, thank you.

Hello, Grapeshot?

4 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Like thousands,  had the same expectations.

Like thousands, we wanted this company to learn from ARK.

Like thousands, we're being let down. 

Again.

and looking at the little increase in numbers with the test server release it doesn't look like the thousands are eager to come back or just noone wants to test the new stuff 😞

10 hours ago, vaylain said:

Can we get an updated, Official Word on the new "ATLAS: 1.5 Launch" please Grapeshot? I would like to plan ahead and prepare, thank you.

FREAKING A GRAPESHOT, GIVE US SOME FEEDBACK, WHEN ARE THE ATLAS: 1.5 SERVERS GOING LIVE?

I just want to get back and play on the EMPIRE mode in the Lawless lands, as that mode WAS just fine before all of this crappy arsed, server wipe BS...

Edited by vaylain

11 hours ago, mckie said:

Just release the damn game already. This PTR is pointless.

It's not totally pointless. They know everyone is pissed about the wipe. They are making so many changes in this mega update that I think they are trying to avoid having to wipe again a few weeks after they release it. They can test these systems with a small group of people before we get content, but knowing how it will affect thousands of people on a map of this scale does take time. I'm not saying they did a good job with the release; the concept for the game and the claiming system was a nightmare at launch. Considering how bad the launch was though, and considering how many things needed to be fixed, I think a PTR is a healthy decision for introducing this new claim system since they are walking on eggshells. It will need to be tweaked a few times before 1.5. 

1 hour ago, Quadsteak said:

It's not totally pointless. They know everyone is pissed about the wipe. They are making so many changes in this mega update that I think they are trying to avoid having to wipe again a few weeks after they release it. They can test these systems with a small group of people before we get content, but knowing how it will affect thousands of people on a map of this scale does take time. I'm not saying they did a good job with the release; the concept for the game and the claiming system was a nightmare at launch. Considering how bad the launch was though, and considering how many things needed to be fixed, I think a PTR is a healthy decision for introducing this new claim system since they are walking on eggshells. It will need to be tweaked a few times before 1.5. 

Not to all of us.  Many of us found the game perfectly fine before all of this "mega" patch and "wipe" B.S. and yet we had to endure. We paid our money, we waited more than a month to play, and we are growing weary of waiting to play it once more.

13 hours ago, vaylain said:

BUMP once again for an Official response.

Edited by vaylain

14 hours ago, vaylain said:

Not to all of us.  Many of us found the game perfectly fine before all of this "mega" patch and "wipe" B.S. and yet we had to endure. We paid our money, we waited more than a month to play, and we are growing weary of waiting to play it once more.

My opinion is that this didn't need to be a mega update in the first place. They could of dished it out to us over time in smaller  increments . It has been some time now sense they announced this update. The problem is that some of us are paying for servers that nobody is playing on because of the wipe announcement. and we just would like to know what is going on so we can make a decision on whether or not we need to  dump the server or not. if it was another game it wouldn't be that big of a deal,  but to run a decent server for this particular game the cost is quite high.

Edited by mckie

They are NEVER going to get the numbers they want on the test, no one wants to put any time into yet another imminent wipe....

It's sad how horrible this team is. All they were good at was scamming us out of our $.

Z

it was only 25 bucks it was well worth the price.  I spend more on coffee in a day.  I do agree the ptr was unnecessary just launch and fix as we go.

34 minutes ago, Ravenx said:

it was only 25 bucks it was well worth the price.  I spend more on coffee in a day.  I do agree the ptr was unnecessary just launch and fix as we go.

You may want to re-evaluate your coffee expenses. At $25.00 a day, you are wasting a hell of a lot of money. I'd recommend that you consider to buy your coffee in bulk and make it at home. =p

Yes, I agree. Let's launch ATLAS: 1.5 and just make micro-updates as we go. We all knew that we were "test-dummies" to begin with, so, let's get to it!.

GRAPESHOT - 

Can we get an updated, Official Word about the "ATLAS: 1.5 Launch" please? There are many of us that would like to plan ahead and prepare. We are afraid that we will miss the launch and allow OTHERS to claim all of the islands before we get our own equal chance at a land claim. Thank you.

Edited by vaylain

On 4/10/2019 at 7:35 AM, vaylain said:

Bro I am on the same page as you, I was playing and enjoying the game just fine before the wipe announcement. My only point was that after they decided to screw with the game a PTR to ensure the game doesn't implode on day 1 of the launch is a decent idea. Remember day 1 of the original launch...