Dollie

CAPTAIN’S LOG 25: TEST AHOY!

On 4/6/2019 at 4:35 AM, Demeastro said:

When will the server wipes happen? I've been waiting to play the game for basically all of March as it was mentioned there would be a big wipe, but I've not seen anything about the wipe having actually happened.

I think there needs to be some more clarity around this as I am sure that a lot of players are waiting for this to happen as well. Please can you give us some indication? 

Please don't ask them to give us specific dates...

• Haha 2

On 4/6/2019 at 10:35 AM, Demeastro said:

When will the server wipes happen? I've been waiting to play the game for basically all of March as it was mentioned there would be a big wipe, but I've not seen anything about the wipe having actually happened.

I think there needs to be some more clarity around this as I am sure that a lot of players are waiting for this to happen as well. Please can you give us some indication? 

game wipe happened like a month ago, next wipe will be like in a week (i think i read somewhere PTR would last 1 week) then another wipe can happen at any time during early access (they aleady stated so), so if you havent bought  the game i suggest you to wait for final release and even then watch some updated gameplays first, the game might end up being totally different from what they sold us, in any case take in consideration that even after official release buildings and ships will probably have decay wich means if you dont play the game for 2 weeks you lose your base and your boat (wich they never mentioned when advertising the game) so evaluate everything before is too late to refound.

BTW I'm not a big fan of the new claim system. I see why it would be good for PVE, but on PVP all the islands are already claimed(I haven't checked every single grid, but this will be the case in a few days regardless.) What's the point of building on an island owned by someone else if they can just wipe you whenever they want? The irony is that now PVP has the same problem that PVE had before-we need somewhere to build. A suggestion if I may-why not just limit the number of claims each company can have(instead of limiting whole islands.) Let's say 10 for example. That would balance things out a little more and encourage forming more separate, smaller companies. Keep all the new war mechanics and the invulnerability-I just don't think that two people being able to claim an entire island is a great idea. Am I missing something here? Don't you have to declare War on someone to take an island that is already claimed? What if I'm starting fresh and don't want to build on an island that is owned by someone else? I mean if people really are having trouble finding places to build then just keep restricting how much land each person/company is allowed to own.

11 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

game wipe happened like a month ago, next wipe will be like in a week (i think i read somewhere PTR would last 1 week) then another wipe can happen at any time during early access (they aleady stated so), so if you havent bought  the game i suggest you to wait for final release and even then watch some updated gameplays first, the game might end up being totally different from what they sold us, in any case take in consideration that even after official release buildings and ships will probably have decay wich means if you dont play the game for 2 weeks you lose your base and your boat (wich they never mentioned when advertising the game) so evaluate everything before is too late to refound.

Game wipe didn't happen a month ago. The only thing that was wiped was EU PvE.

NA PvE got wiped a day ago, and NA PvP and EU PvP haven't been touched.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Game wipe didn't happen a month ago. The only thing that was wiped was EU PvE. 

NA PvE got wiped a day ago, and NA PvP and EU PvP haven't been touched.

well i stopped playing EU PvE when the wipe was announced so i never got to know that, is good to know i guess.

As everyone expected, the new claim system is absolute garbage. So many people had so many excellent ideas in previous captains logs on how a new claim system could work. The devs have listened to nobody, and have chosen to put in place the worst system they could find. I only hope there better at coding than they are at ideas for game content, but if some more people come up with some more ideas that should give them an incentive to roll out a few more new animals for us not to use

• Like 1

Freeport is not buildable. There is an idiot surrounding the store right away. (E4 South)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2-of-12 said:

As everyone expected, the new claim system is absolute garbage. So many people had so many excellent ideas in previous captains logs on how a new claim system could work. The devs have listened to nobody, and have chosen to put in place the worst system they could find. I only hope there better at coding than they are at ideas for game content, but if some more people come up with some more ideas that should give them an incentive to roll out a few more new animals for us not to use

so far i like the new system
and it is better they testing it for some month and working on a better solution over time then rush it AGAIN and we will wait again for month and month for an wipe...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Can we get an updated, Official Word on the new "ATLAS: 1.5 Launch" please Grapeshot? I would like to plan ahead and prepare, thank you.

Edited by vaylain

On 4/6/2019 at 6:07 AM, Draalei said:

"The tax bank is utilized to transport resources that will be used in the Claim Flag from different locations on the same Island."

Could you clarify this a little more?

The Tax Bank is a free resource teleporter.  Set it to max tax rates.  Send people out of company, to gather.  50% is teleported to the tax bank.  50% they carry back. Twice the load for half the work.  End of gathering duty, readmit them to company. 

Kinda like using an elephant to haul resources.. but without having an elephant.

8 hours ago, CFT said:

Freeport is not buildable. There is an idiot surrounding the store right away. (E4 South)

Can you make this abit clearer.. how exactly are people building around/blocking the npcs? Anyone have pics of this? or a video?

Edited by Martyn

5 hours ago, Martyn said:

The Tax Bank is a free resource teleporter.  Set it to max tax rates.  Send people out of company, to gather.  50% is teleported to the tax bank.  50% they carry back. Twice the load for half the work.  End of gathering duty, readmit them to company. 

Kinda like using an elephant to haul resources.. but without having an elephant.

Can you make this abit clearer.. how exactly are people building around/blocking the npcs? Anyone have pics of this? or a video?

They are building walls around the vendor, blocking it. Inside the npc town. Oh, you can drop down in to the box. But, how can you get your new crew out? 

• Like 1

I made a post about this as well its in F8 i believe, in that area. all four ports (Pathfinder (square)) has blocked in the NPC buyer. this guy needs to be banded, utterly ridiculous how this sort of thing can happen, NO building on the Freeports, NONE, even in test mode should you be allowed to build in a Freeport....its just that a FREEPORT.  I just love how this guy can get away with it and will be allowed into the next game to screw everyone over again.

3 minutes ago, Bulldogg50 said:

I made a post about this as well its in F8 i believe, in that area. all four ports (Pathfinder (square)) has blocked in the NPC buyer. this guy needs to be banded, utterly ridiculous how this sort of thing can happen, NO building on the Freeports, NONE, even in test mode should you be allowed to build in a Freeport....its just that a FREEPORT.  I just love how this guy can get away with it and will be allowed into the next game to screw everyone over again.

Yeh the funny part is these griefers all leave thier names stamped on their efforts, which connects them to their atlas accounts.  Yet.. the devs do absolutely nothing about it.  You're more likely to get banned from the steam forums or these forums for loosing your temper with a troll, than you are for trolling people in the game and wasting weeks of their time, money and effort.

Edited by Martyn

Its not so funny that they get away with it though. If the Devs really gave a crap about this they would look into the matter and ban them, done. it happens on the PVE as well...and Nothing is done to the individual. On ARK they would ban a whole clan for crap like this and then they would have to make their case in order to get back on. Not that i want a Griefer Police but at least take the time to investigate crap like this and the individual or clan doing it. Ban them if its inappropriate for 30 days. and if they sign back on with another account and people find out ban both accounts. its not as if they dont have access to our steam accounts to check and see if this person/clan is doing this sort of thing on other game servers. Steam has a tracker for getting kicked of servers and its on your steam page for all to see.

Any idea if a bug causing tames to disappear and die after being moved to a ship is going to be worked out with the update?

So I've been getting a lot of mixed answers on this but I'm looking for some clarification. In order to play after they wipe all the servers and boot them back up again (if that ever happens) we have to move over to the public test realm? What servers are up now?

22 minutes ago, Hedret Medes said:

So I've been getting a lot of mixed answers on this but I'm looking for some clarification. In order to play after they wipe all the servers and boot them back up again (if that ever happens) we have to move over to the public test realm? What servers are up now?

I updated and only see one EU server

7 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

I updated and only see one EU server

Ya that's all I've seen since this morning..........

Guys, there is no PVE PTR server yet right ? They said on Monday......Delayed ??

19 minutes ago, Eleissa said:

Guys, there is no PVE PTR server yet right ? They said on Monday......Delayed ??

No not yet and Jat has not been on to say anything

7 hours ago, Hedret Medes said:

No. You only have to move over to the public test realm IF you want to take part in the PTR testing. If you don't, then you stay on the branch you are now, and when the mega update and wipe happens you will just update to 1.5.

Anyone on the public test realm now will need to opt out of the PTR and go back to the normal branch to update to 1.5.

Also the latest update:

This company is a joke. At this rate the full release will never happen under them. I mean seriously you see set a date, then change it 12 times. Seriously if it stays in their hands it will continue to go down. I mean you have already lost over half the player base.