Sign in to follow this  
Remo

PTR count down

We have started to generate a release candidate and ASSUMING everything checks out, the team believe the PTR could be up in around 4 hours. If checks don't pass, then we'll be iterating on a new build but fingers crossed this is it!

If we believe strong enough it will happen, positive thoughts everyone!!!!

Edited by Remo
  • Like 1

Tbh I don't care if it releases in 4 hours as it will be the middle of the night anyway so i'll be asleep. I expected it to end up being the most inconvenient time for EU though anyway, kinda makes it ironic that they took down EU PvE for it but EU players get screwed at the start of the PTR. Just hope mega update doesn't follow suit.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Remo said:

😂😂😂 if they make it in 4 more hours it will be 8 in the morning in China. So they will be nice and refreshed with a good night sleep.

yeah keep thinking positive

22 minutes ago, Remo said:

You do realize that game coding and belief in fairies don’t operate on the same principle right? Pretty sure Tinkerbelle is not on the development team. 😜

• Haha 3

Hope you all realise, that if it takes 4 hours to "cook" it, it'll probably take some time for them to upload it, install it and for us to download it as well.

So put off any ideas of playing anytime soon.

Has anyone thought to ask what size the download is expected to be?

Edited by Martyn

anyone know when it will go live this is nuts love this game but man this is taking forever

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Hope you all realise, that if it takes 4 hours to "cook" it, it'll probably take some time for them to upload it, install it and for us to download it as well.

So put off any ideas of playing anytime soon.

Has anyone thought to ask what size the download is expected to be?

10GB approx. 

Does anyone know how we will get the PTR? Will it be a download link posted on this site somewhere? Will it be another server that just appears on the Atlas server list in-game?

I suspect it will be a beta you opt into under steam properties, might be explained soon, servers just came back online and jat is testing now.

42 minutes ago, DilBert said:

10GB approx. 

Oh. Shit. I hope I have the room on my hd. 

Damn I have GOT to get a new hard drive 

3 minutes ago, Hobo_Sapien said:

This hole thing has been like a Cheech and Chong movie! Up in Smoke...………

Lol I was thinking more like Aesop's Fable-the boy who cried wolf to be honest. 

My kitchen is clean. I've made some beignets for the-either celebratory patch or the eat away my sorrows. Now just the waiting game. Should know within the hour if its a success or not...I think.

Okay, update time. So we have to cook another build, but not a full one thankfully. The team believe if that's all good, we should be ready to deploy the servers in about an hour.

Edited by Remo
  • Thanks 1

At which time we'll need to download a 10 gb file.. so 2-3 hours from now eh..

JatToday at 8:16 PM

Okay, so the build passed. We are now preparing to get this up on the PTR, but this still a lil bit more time needed about 30 - 40 is what the team reckon. We'll have an announcement going up soon which will give you some simple instructions on how you can get access, the patch notes for those who haven't read it, and desc on colonies. Info about PTR: 6x rates on everything and all skills with be unlocked at lvl 1 -- including the Sub :). New server grid editor + json are already available on github. Unofficial server files will be made available later in the weekend once we know things are solid & stable.

Edited by Remo