Sign in to follow this  
pfg

Structure placment / connecting bugs

There are a bunch of bugs in placing structures on ships, the most annoying is "needs nearby foundation support" for something that's going to land on a deck....... but works for an adjacent square. PLEASE fix these by just removing this check on boats - I'd love it to be accurate and go by some reasonable build rules but if the choice is the current buggy system that is wrong a large percentage of the time or free build and we accept the consequences lets pick the no rules option. I have even tried building from the bottom deck up but to no avail it still gives silly errors.

Also I can't help but think much of the problem is caused by what is shown in the screen shot below, a wall placed on a wall that is somehow offset. This should never ever be a thing and shows a fatal flaw in how structures connect. Every structure (wall / ceiling / roof etc) needs to have exactly one, and only one, connection line on each edge. This needs to be separate from whatever is displayed / rendered for that structure so there is no temptation to make exceptions for what it is that results in things like left and right sloped walls.

20190404095521_1s.jpg

I have an entire front end of a galleon, full of holes because I can't place ceiling tiles due to the foundation issue... If you want to freebuild with the open decks foundation support required, but nothing works, not pillars, not foundations, not pressing q....please fix 🙂 thx guys 🙂