Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Pvp v Pve Claim flags..

Just had a look at the Dynamic Atlas Maps for the first time, I never really thought much about the old flag spam that was on the Eu Pve server, probably because looking at those maps, I can see there's very little spam at all.

Then I looked at the pvp servers, zones are almost completely spammed out with claim flags.. both pvp servers are the same, the NA pve server has a couple of bad zones for spam, but otherwise looks ok.

No wonder they're removing the flag spam, imagine how less laggy the game will be with all those extra objects removed.   Also makes me wonder, how much time people spent just putting claim flags in the middle of the ocean.

• Like 1

Yeah, the competition to own the most land encourage people to spam flags to get a higher ranking, the sad part is they are going back to the same system and I just can’t understand it.

Didn't know you got exp from placing flags lol.. thought you had to explore each island to raise cap and kill stuff.  And build stuff, although making stuff didn't seem to have that much exp attached to it, not like in ark at least.

I would say that 60% of the flags on the PVP servers were pointless sea claims. Everyone was spamming those to up their rank even though in real world terms they had little value.

Islands are given a rank based on their location, size and how valuable they are. These rankings will be used to determine upkeep, as well as identify the Top 10 Companies which will be a sum of all the islands that Company has claimed.

this is from the captains log

Yeah that part kinda scares me. I have seen some of the bigger companies and how even before these changes never maintained their islands. I already live in a slumlords house in real life. The idea of that going into a game is kinda turning me off. 

Every morning I wake up and think 3 months till we are shipped across the country. 

What the hell is my video game experience gonnna be like. Or if I don't get an island for my company to claim-how many pillars, walls of behemoth gates and someone being as asshat and breaking down the stuff we built.

• Like 1

That's why I'm glad they took the flag system away from PVE, at least spamming them. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new system works out, bumps in the road no doubt but hopefully it will work out right in the end.

At least people coming back to the game can now build on land, they will have more of a chance to stay in the game than leave, I knew quite a few who just left because people were hoarding land, everywhere you looked it was red circles on map. 

4 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

That's why I'm glad they took the flag system away from PVE, at least spamming them. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new system works out, bumps in the road no doubt but hopefully it will work out right in the end.

At least people coming back to the game can now build on land, they will have more of a chance to stay in the game than leave, I knew quite a few who just left because people were hoarding land, everywhere you looked it was red circles on map. 

Oh that I totally agree with you. I was one of the nice people that gave up several land claims before the rent system came out.

I just have a feeling this isn't gonna work as well as they expect. People that get an island are still going to hoard and not allow people to build on them.

Unfortunately gaming has become 75% asshole and 25% nice people. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

You know they added into the game some time back that people could allow others to build on their claims, those that left the game didn’t leave because they couldn’t find a place to build, they left because they couldn’t own their own land. Nothing is changing.

1 hour ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Oh that I totally agree with you. I was one of the nice people that gave up several land claims before the rent system came out.

I just have a feeling this isn't gonna work as well as they expect. People that get an island are still going to hoard and not allow people to build on them.

Unfortunately gaming has become 75% asshole and 25% nice people. 

I left the game early on also, I just got fed up of people spamming flags on every pieces of land. It turned alot of people away from the game. 

Now they have changed the system we are coming back to play, many people are coming back and it should be more fun. We are happy with how they have changed it also but I can understand people will try to get islands for themselves also.

I have found there is more bad people in the game than good for sure, we can only try and see how it turns out but we are willing to give it another try.

It's a different system for sure Magoo. Daemon is right. Not much has changed. Your either an island owner, essentially renting from someone or living on a lawless island if im understanding it all correctly.

These colonies whether you or someone else owns them. Will have upkeep based on size, amount of companies also sharing your island, and a few other factors. I'd have to scan back through the captain's logs to fully understand it all.

There will be a window of time where you or the island owner can demolish newly built structures. That's the part that scares me a little.

What i'm foggy on- Is what if the "island owner" quits? Does the flag just auto decay away if upkeep isn't paid. I mean so many areas that haven't made clear. 

It seems to me from the Captains Log or patch notes, once the bank is setup all mats gathered on the island will be used to maintain the upkeep cost of the claim flag, however a person may directly place materials into the bank if it will be short on having enough to keep the upkeep on the claim flag, something about a notification letting you know as well.

If the claim flag expires and a new owner takes over, the claim flag does not grant ownership to structures. That’s a plus !

• Thanks 1