SKoRNTaSTiC

Ocean framerate?

What happened to the ocean water animations? It looks as if its lagging now but everything else is fine. Every other aspect of the game looks normal its only the ocean waves/movement that seems to have this framerate issue.

I'm not having any issues that I can see. Did you get a driver update maybe that changed a setting?

I started noticing this yesterday after reading a reddit post on the subject, it definitely got much worse at some point in the last week. I can't unsee it now, and it looks awful compared to the smoothly lapping waves and whitecaps of the past.

Me too. The waves are stuttery and choppy, just aweful today. I'm validating my files right now just in case something's corrupt.  

i  haven't played since they announced wipe, been waiting for the wipe. Logged in yesterday to check something and i noticed it as well. Felt like the choppy waves were going to stroke me out. My frame-rate was over 150 but the ocean is like staring into a strobe light of pixelated puke.

I’m thinking about changing the WaveWorks quality in the gamefiles I’ve been doing some ready and WaveWorks is nvidia’s new ocean simulator for games and atlas runs on it and mine is set to 3 so I’m thinking about turning it down to 2 or 1 and see if that works I’ll let you guys know. This started happening to me after installing the new driver for my rtx 2060 that came with the release of firestorm