Sign in to follow this  
Zadira

Clear Explanation of PVE?

Damn.... all this time I have thought to myself that all the doomsayers on this forum were over-reacting.... in all my posts here (yes all 15 of them) I have not once said a bad word about the devs…. Im gonna change that here in post number 16.... if they do not test pvp it will be an incredible mistake on their part that I have to believe will result in another start over so to speak.... 

there... I feel better now having said that.... getting that off my chest gives me back enough self control to refrain from typing words like stupidest devs ever....

I really am glad I did not have to go there.... 

1 hour ago, Salty Jack said:

Damn.... all this time I have thought to myself that all the doomsayers on this forum were over-reacting.... in all my posts here (yes all 15 of them) I have not once said a bad word about the devs…. Im gonna change that here in post number 16.... if they do not test pvp it will be an incredible mistake on their part that I have to believe will result in another start over so to speak.... 

there... I feel better now having said that.... getting that off my chest gives me back enough self control to refrain from typing words like stupidest devs ever....

I really am glad I did not have to go there.... 

They are testing a pvp server, just one of the two types of pvp server. Empires being the old system + new stuff doesn't really rate full scale pre-deployment testing, colonies being the most different because of the pvp window is the one that should be tested, what works on colonies will work on the pve server.

57 minutes ago, microphobe said:

They are testing a pvp server, just one of the two types of pvp server. Empires being the old system + new stuff doesn't really rate full scale pre-deployment testing, colonies being the most different because of the pvp window is the one that should be tested, what works on colonies will work on the pve server.

There is no way you can test how pve people are going to play on a pvp server.  Well, I guess you can but you will be testing it on the wrong type of people. The whole idea of pve is people versus environment.  

The way they have set up the pve servers is exactly why so many pve people are upset. We don't want to play pvp style.  😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zadira said:

There is no way you can test how pve people are going to play on a pvp server.  Well, I guess you can but you will be testing it on the wrong type of people. The whole idea of pve is people versus environment.  

The way they have set up the pve servers is exactly why so many pve people are upset. We don't want to play pvp style.  😞

I know but this PTR deployment is more about stability of the new system not about balance etc, very few bugs will be discovered during the PTR because people aren't going to have the time to find them, really one week is pathetic in terms of stability testing but honestly this is early access and much of the instability is to be expected particularly with such a shift as this patch. The primary servers are always going to be the testing for the balance/tweaks etc, till release anyway.

PvE Mode:
ATLAS: PvE

This game mode will be spooling up with changes and the system will be based upon details discussed in the last Captain’s Log. We will monitor our PvE mode in the PTR and beyond and continue to iterate on it as we move forward.

Dollie posted that in the Captains Log and there is another one I’ll try to find after the drive to work

In relation to our Public Testing Realm overall, we’re planning to get multiple smaller clusters online which will incorporate the three game modes as well as everything else listed in the patch notes. Players can expect higher rates to facilitate fast progression and testing of the new systems along with the fact these servers are likely to wipe as needed.

Public Test Realm (Test Live)

This update, including the war system and claim changes, will be making its way to our Public Test Realm before it hits the entire Official Network and will be accessible for all players for both PvP and PvE. It is anticipated that Test Live will be available to play around the 20th of March and we will keep you posted should there be any more updates as the time approaches. 

i know there is more more mentions of PvE and PvP PTR’s, this one here is kinda saying it will be available to both pvp and pve players, not that it will be separate.

55 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

Public Test Realm (Test Live)

This update, including the war system and claim changes, will be making its way to our Public Test Realm before it hits the entire Official Network and will be accessible for all players for both PvP and PvE. It is anticipated that Test Live will be available to play around the 20th of March and we will keep you posted should there be any more updates as the time approaches. 

i know there is more more mentions of PvE and PvP PTR’s, this one here is kinda saying it will be available to both pvp and pve players, not that it will be separate.

I guess technically it will be accessible for PvE players, just it might not be a PvE server.... well that's the only excuse I can think of for that particular worded phrase.

• Like 1

Yay!  They are going to give us a pve test server after all! Thank goodness!

Yep.. they killed NA PVE a few hours ago, and plan to use it for a PVE test server supposedly on Monday.  We shall see.

On 4/5/2019 at 1:51 AM, Zadira said:

Well, so much for the theory of pve being able to be tested on the PTR.  This is a statement from Dollie on Discord.

DollieToday at 6:58 PM We haven't stated that all three modes will be on this PTR. I'm not sure where that started haha

In response to what is being tested. Almost 100% it's going to be colonies only on the PTR....no Empires or PVE

Yeh gathered that, love the ignorant dev post tho.. "i'm not sure where that started haha"  Maybe from the giant fucking map with pve and pvp zones highlighted on it?

14 hours ago, Flakbait said:

Yep.. they killed NA PVE a few hours ago, and plan to use it for a PVE test server supposedly on Monday.  We shall see.

Where do they say it'll be pve? I expect it'll just be another pvp server.  With noone on it.

11 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Yeh gathered that, love the ignorant dev post tho.. "i'm not sure where that started haha"  Maybe from the giant fucking map with pve and pvp zones highlighted on it?

What giant map with pve and pvp zones highlighted on it?

11 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Where do they say it'll be pve? I expect it'll just be another pvp server.  With noone on it.

The announcement they made about taking NA PvE down is where they said it will be for PvE PTR on Monday.

Instead of complaining so much why don't you take the time to pay attention.

• Sad 1

Why don't you just stop posting? Ig... wasting my time with you.

I can't find it either now.  Getting so sick of looking through every thread.. why can't they just update to one thread..

Edited by Martyn