There's a common misconception held by officials-players that if unofficial servers didn't exist, those players would instead play on official and therefore officials would have more people.

This is largely untrue. My 1400 hours in Atlas were on official servers but even I know that. People who choose to play unofficials have good reasons for doing so and if the option weren't available it's more likely, a lot more likely, that they would play something else instead. Something that isn't Atlas.

6 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

There's a common misconception held by officials-players that if unofficial servers didn't exist, those players would instead play on official and therefore officials would have more people.

This is largely untrue. My 1400 hours in Atlas were on official servers but even I know that. People who choose to play unofficials have good reasons for doing so and if the option weren't available it's more likely, a lot more likely, that they would play something else instead. Something that isn't Atlas.

Debatable.

Undeniably true to some extent, but to what extent is a matter of pure conjecture and not empirically knowable.

16 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

OK think about it we have 4 now, so how do you expect to have 3 servers for NA and 3 for EU? Are they adding more servers or keeping it as 3.

Pretty sure that Empires will not last long.  Not enough people want to play a game where their stuff can be wiped while they are asleep, or at work.

4 hours ago, Amy3 said:

1400 hours? what you dreaming atlas? i got 800 in and that's insane too.

18 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

1400 hours? what you dreaming atlas? i got 800 in and that's insane too.

I have a sneaking suspicion she typed Atlas out of habit and meant to type Ark in that spot.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I have a sneaking suspicion she typed Atlas out of habit and meant to type Ark in that spot.

Unless she really did play Atlas 24 hours straight....for 53 days. 🙃