I know this will be hard to understand...

But could you guys remember that its called NA Server because the people from  NA will be playing on it.... so can you release the PTR at such a time that it benefits us and not the Chinese? 

Thanks... I know its gonna be a tough one for ya.

I doubt that the PTRs will be regional. I’m just expecting one for each of their intended game types, so three PTR servers total.

1 hour ago, Salty Del said:

I doubt that the PTRs will be regional. I’m just expecting one for each of their intended game types, so three PTR servers total.

Didn't even think about that... guess itll be China prime-time release then.

Not that it matters, as these servers are only expected to be up for about a week anyways.

PTR servers wont be labeled NA or EU. just one of each type located on the 15x15 old EU pve server. The grids will divided into those 3 game types on that one server.

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

they said that after I called them out about how timed raid windows seemed like an opening for mixed time zone servers, they then also said there would be 3 server types, I don't see them hosting 6 servers when 4 were empty pre wipe.

Edited by microphobe

1 hour ago, microphobe said:

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

they said that after I called them out about how timed raid windows seemed like an opening for mixed time zone servers, they then also said there would be 3 server types, I don't see them hosting 6 servers when 4 were empty pre wipe.

Dollie said they were not merging Na and EU after they announce 3 server types. 

45 minutes ago, DilBert said:

OK think about it we have 4 now, so how do you expect to have 3 servers for NA and 3 for EU? Are they adding more servers or keeping it as 3.

52 minutes ago, DilBert said:

Jat said it actually. I even questioned him as to why they wouldn't but he never responded. This was before they announced the 3 different server types though so that is what mad me think they have changed their minds. 4 servers was a big burden, 6 would be wasteful particularly when they have lost so many to private servers.

32 minutes ago, microphobe said:

Jat said it actually. I even questioned him as to why they wouldn't but he never responded. This was before they announced the 3 different server types though so that is what mad me think they have changed their minds. 4 servers was a big burden, 6 would be wasteful particularly when they have lost so many to private servers.

Dollie said it in discord the day after they announced the 3 server types. 

Dollie03/19/2019

We have no current plans to merge NA and EU
Edited by DilBert

The current 4 servers will probably be consolidated into 3 full time servers and 1 part time server.

PvP Empire ( which will probably be the least populated)

PvP Colonies

PvE 

PTR (part time to try out patches before deploying to full time servers)

5 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

There will be, the devs have no plans to merge NA and EU.

It is a true shame if they don’t. Even if it goes back up to 20k liked we talked about, with 4 servers that would be 5k a server.

if they actually go with 6 clusters even at 20k would only be 3,500 or so per server.

which would really be cut in half, because those numbers reflect u official as well.

if they can pull it off then cool, but man they might be wasting some money. I don’t think the worlds would last that long either with only 2-3k people on each

No one will be playing Empires so they will close that shit down real quick.... these devs don't seem to understand how to run a Sandbox MMO.

14 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

I know this will be hard to understand...

But could you guys remember that its called NA Server because the people from  NA will be playing on it.... so can you release the PTR at such a time that it benefits us and not the Chinese? 

Thanks... I know its gonna be a tough one for ya.

Actually the server taken down for the PTR is the EU PVE server not a NA server.

9 hours ago, microphobe said:

considering this was meant to be an mmo the release of the server files was a mistake and should never have happened 

I don't know if this is such a big deal in PVE, but in PVP  less than 2k people in 225 grids felt like a boring desert...

1 hour ago, UDO said:

considering this was meant to be an mmo the release of the server files was a mistake and should never have happened 

That's a tough one man, look at ARk, look at many other games, they are very popular by releasing the server files.

Look at what Arma 3 did? it exploded for modding... Its a trickle down effect, more copies sold better lifetime of the game. So restricting those that will not play on official anyways, how can we really afford to not allow them the same experience? Friends buy into the game just to play on a friends server. Local or not.

Plus the amount of cheating, exploiting on official is very hard not to play on Un official taking that option away from you and I, its hardly fair.

6 minutes ago, znasser said:

I don't know if this is such a big deal in PVE, but in PVP  less than 2k people in 225 grids felt like a boring desert...

EU or NA? Post EA or after wipe announcement?

Be very specific because time frames did matter for atlas.

Upcomming PTR is using EU PVE and will revert back to EU PVE after the testing.

From Jat on PTR thread.

"In the future, the PTR will exist on its own network with its own unique servers, potentially in the form of multiple small clusters."

So no 4 networks at present, but yes for future testing.

10 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

EU or NA? Post EA or after wipe announcement?

Be very specific because time frames did matter for atlas.

I don't know why it matter so much but ok. I was playing EUPVP, if i remember well a week or so before wipe anouncement we were barely peaking over 2k, and then dropped quickly after that.

I don't remember exactly when it was, only that was a sunday afternoon  and there were between 800 and almost 1k online, we traveled from M14 to L12, L12 to O14, and then we made a long trip to D9 because that was the area that seemed to be more bussy. In the whole trip we were able to find just 1 brig to have a fight with. After that we took a break in the freeport and then we went back to O14 and M14, not even one ship  and most of the grids were empty.

19 minutes ago, znasser said:

I don't know why it matter so much but ok. I was playing EUPVP, if i remember well a week or so before wipe anouncement we were barely peaking over 2k, and then dropped quickly after that.

I don't remember exactly when it was, only that was a sunday afternoon  and there were between 800 and almost 1k online, we traveled from M14 to L12, L12 to O14, and then we made a long trip to D9 because that was the area that seemed to be more bussy. In the whole trip we were able to find just 1 brig to have a fight with. After that we took a break in the freeport and then we went back to O14 and M14, not even one ship  and most of the grids were empty.

It does matter when announcement of wipe, more then half of what we had playing quit the game. Steam charts notified us of those facts. Steady decline from 58k to 1k play. Not counting the un officials holding the majority of those 2k players.

Prior to that, we had a good 8k across all, and more so the weeks before that.

Every major change they had, issue forced more to bail until it was a better game.

EA is a funny child, it can keep players and lose them as fast as announced. One major or small changes make the population drop. 2k wasnt an exact count as unofficial stole half of your player base on official.

As you seen from these charts

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910#3m

Then you take this into factors too,

https://store.steampowered.com/app/834910/ATLAS/

Your not getting new accounts joining as much as leaving.

Edited by Sneakydude

The server math in this thread feels way too much like an SAT word problem.

”If a train leaves Chicago going east carrying 3 NA servers, and another train leaves Frankfurt Germany going west carrying 3 EU servers, if both trains fall into the ocean because Grapecard didn’t get the bridge patch out on time, how many people will need to unlock the submarine to recover enough servers for PTR before everyone gets bored and goes to play Satisfactory instead?”

• Haha 3