Sign in to follow this  
Jack Shandy

Empires to get same claim system as Colonies

- Redesign: Claim System - Colonies: Freeform building, with more progress-protecting and time-enforced PvP rules creating a cooperative atmosphere, and limits to ensure the game is more oriented towards single players or smaller groups. Previous mode now known as Empires and PvE will be a modified version of colonies.

Empires is getting the new claim system.

Thats what everyone wanted right?

Dollie  

Community Manager and Live Services Team

Posted 8 hours ago

I can see how this may be interpreted due to the wording. The new claiming system will not be on Empires. 

My bad, apparently "a modified version of colonies" does not mean a modified version of colonies for the Empire server but it does for the PVE server.

"Previous mode now known as Empires and PvE will be a modified version of colonies."

Edited by Jack Shandy

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

No.  I want one PvP server.  Not 15.

The devs couldn't afford that anyways. Imagine the costs? and adding in 200+ more islands.

We would need to raise the price to 50 per copy, sell 10million copies and then watch us get 1 server still, no ddos protections and no good AC engine..

I agree 1 pvp server.

Pretty sure they are going to do empire pvp and colony pvp instead of NA/EU pvp.  No extra servers, just a different split that gives the eu and na guys a chance to mix it up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

- Redesign: Claim System - Colonies: Freeform building, with more progress-protecting and time-enforced PvP rules creating a cooperative atmosphere, and limits to ensure the game is more oriented towards single players or smaller groups. Previous mode now known as Empires and PvE will be a modified version of colonies.

Empires is getting the new claim system.

Thats what everyone wanted right?

Yes. Now there should be no excuse for zerg to join smalltribes other than them wanting a ban and wipe by devs.

I can see how this may be interpreted due to the wording. The new claiming system will not be on Empires. 

• Sad 1

if they weren't going to merge NA/EU into colonies/empires wouldnt you think they would have servers for them? they had to use an existing server for ptr.... im pretty sure if they split colonies / empire they are mergeing na/eu at this point

or maybe they get rid of pve?      idk what the other options would be...

Edited by Yrgna
more

49 minutes ago, Dollie said:

Can you explain maybe more in details what servers are going to exist? EU, NA, or split into 3 for empires, colonies, and PVE? Not sure i understand you.

7 hours ago, Dollie said:

Erm. So is PVE going to be like Empires,

"Previous mode now known as Empires and PvE will be a modified version of colonies."

You've lumped them together. So please re-read your posts, or seperate the servers on your posts.

Empires is going to be.................

Colonies is going to be................

PVE is going to be........................

Because it clearly states Empires & PVE will be a modified version of colonies.

Edited by Jack Shandy
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2019 at 6:06 PM, gnihar said:

Yes. Now there should be no excuse for zerg to join smalltribes other than them wanting a ban and wipe by devs.

Can we see the rules on that?

Or is this just an opinion.

Instead of PVP & PVE they now have Colonies PVP , Empires PVP and Colonies PVE to support.   If they had planned on them  each supporting NA/EU then that would require six server networks instead of the four server networks.    If they indeed had planned on that then there was no reason to wipe the existing PVE to bring up the PTR - as they would have had two extra networks ready to go for the PTR.    That leaves three server networks so what are they going to use the fourth network for?    They already said that - smaller PTR for future release tests and the ISO map in the works.

It was obvious this was the plan when they had to announce the PVE wipe for PTR - instead of buying two more networks.

Anyways the  release notes already clarify that Empires is the old flagging system with some tweaks (claim timers and no sea claims) - so no need to rumour that is a modified colonies.  Dolly should install Grammarly if she lacks skills to write what she means.

Edited by krazmuze

4 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

Instead of PVP & PVE they now have Colonies PVP , Empires PVP and Colonies PVE to support.   If they had planned on them  each supporting NA/EU then that would require six server networks instead of the four server networks.    If they indeed had planned on that then there was no reason to wipe the existing PVE to bring up the PTR - as they would have had two extra networks ready to go for the PTR.    That leaves three server networks so what are they going to use the fourth network for?    They already said that - smaller PTR for future release tests and the ISO map in the works.

It was obvious this was the plan when they had to announce the PVE wipe for PTR. 

The Devs have always stated they have no intention to merge NA and EU. Even now they have not made any claims that is what is happening.

OK so lets go with that - where is the 5th and 6th network to support it?   Do you think they  just tried to save a week of server costs by not bringing them up as PTR?

Edited by krazmuze

25 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

OK so lets go with that - where is the 5th and 6th network to support it?   Do you think they  just tried to save a week of server costs by not bringing them up as PTR?

Just because you don't see the 5th & 6th network that means it doesn't exist?

EU PvE and NA PvE are already up and running which means it is easier to just use those, particularly if the 5th & 6th network is not ready yet.

• Like 1

There's some pretty serious flaws with the colony system.  As it stands, if a network can support say 700 islands.. that actually pretty much means it supports 700 players as well.  1 per island claim.  Sure more than one can and often will share an island.  But if the island falls and is reclaimed by another.  The new owners can kill everyone on their new island and are immune to attack. Because they've taken over an island in war, that is now in peacetime.  One side is pvp enabled (the owners) everyone else is pvp disabled.  Good job devs..

There should be an amount of flags allowed by different owners per island, so islands can be shared.. not 1 island per flag, but 4-5 flags per island.  With settlement enforcement per flag as well.   The entire system needs to be rethunk.  As it stands it fails and will continue to fail.

Instead of 700 islands with 700 solo owners.. you can have several thousand owners using those same 700 islands. 

Edited by Martyn

11 hours ago, Martyn said:

There's some pretty serious flaws with the colony system.  As it stands, if a network can support say 700 islands.. that actually pretty much means it supports 700 players as well.  1 per island claim.  Sure more than one can and often will share an island.  But if the island falls and is reclaimed by another.  The new owners can kill everyone on their new island and are immune to attack. Because they've taken over an island in war, that is now in peacetime.  One side is pvp enabled (the owners) everyone else is pvp disabled.  Good job devs..

There should be an amount of flags allowed by different owners per island, so islands can be shared.. not 1 island per flag, but 4-5 flags per island.  With settlement enforcement per flag as well.   The entire system needs to be rethunk.  As it stands it fails and will continue to fail.

Instead of 700 islands with 700 solo owners.. you can have several thousand owners using those same 700 islands. 

hahah the more i read and see this idea popping up about each island having x amount of claim zones  the more i see all we want is a flag claim with limits am i right ? as that is all they had to do ........

i do agree though each island should be split into x amount of areas 

Edited by UDO

On 4/4/2019 at 1:53 AM, Dollie said:

Haha, no, please dont change anything on the Empire server, it is perfect !

Yours Number 1 Empire company