Sign in to follow this  
yneternum

News about tomorrow?

Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. RWE

On a side note ..... which one of you asshats took my 19 large cannons.

Q.  What is always coming, but never gets here.

A.  Tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yneternum said:

Easy question, news about tomorrow?

Are you looking for a deadline commitment? Never going to happen.

10 minutes ago, V0id3d said:

Inb4 complaints about ptr push back. 

yeah one of the 10 people still playing might be upset.

• Like 1

We are expecting to have the PTR ready to deploy on Thursday, the 4th of April (PST). We apologize for the delay, and we'll be able to let you know a specific time on the day itself. 

HEHE delay 1

15 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

We are expecting to have the PTR ready to deploy on Thursday, the 4th of April (PST). We apologize for the delay, and we'll be able to let you know a specific time on the day itself. 

HEHE delay 1

Yeah, always see if they use the word “expect” or “expecting” that is them subconsciously and/or intentionally letting you know a second delay is coming.

it pretty much means there is an issue and they are not fully sure it will be resolved.

eithwr way it is obvious there is something wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah, always see if they use the word “expect” or “expecting” that is them subconsciously and/or intentionally letting you know a second delay is coming.

it pretty much means there is an issue and they are not fully sure it will be resolved.

eithwr way it is obvious there is something wrong.

But that's the whole reason they need to stop giving dates. It's clear they can't keep up with it. 
It's getting ridiculous how many promises they make, but never follow them. It's getting to a point
where it's just not fun anymore, and there is only so much you can take. Hell they even didn't give us
that in dept captain's log Jat promised.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Abysian said:

But that's the whole reason they need to stop giving dates. It's clear they can't keep up with it. 
It's getting ridiculous how many promises they make, but never follow them. It's getting to a point
where it's just not fun anymore, and there is only so much you can take. Hell they even didn't give us
that in dept captain's log Jat promised.

If they stop giving date completely then you'd have community asking every day, when is PTR, when is Wipe, when is mega update, constantly on and on. Whereas right now you mainly get those questions when it is due.

I understand giving dates that rarely get met is annoying for the players, but you've got to consider the big issue that would be presented with no dates at all being given.

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

If they stop giving date completely then you'd have community asking every day, when is PTR, when is Wipe, when is mega update, constantly on and on. Whereas right now you mainly get those questions when it is due.

I understand giving dates that rarely get met is annoying for the players, but you've got to consider the big issue that would be presented with no dates at all being given.

You have a point there of course. 

12 hours ago, Ktorr said:

Q.  What is always coming, but never gets here.

A.  My girlfriends orgasm.

Fixed.

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Let them ask. When I was a kid and we were going on vacation “Are we there yet?” “How much longer” etc were questions I asked constantly on long car rides. My parents did not feel any need to answer every time I asked and they did not owe me constant updates. At first this caused me all manner of childhood anguish.

I got over it.

What I learned to do instead was enjoy the journey.

I can think of no compelling reason Grapecard owes us dates for anything. I can think of several they should stop giving them.

44 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Let them ask. When I was a kid and we were going on vacation “Are we there yet?” “How much longer” etc were questions I asked constantly on long car rides. My parents did not feel any need to answer every time I asked and they did not owe me constant updates. At first this caused me all manner of childhood anguish.

I got over it.

I can think of no compelling reason Grapecard owes us dates for anything. I can think of several they should stop giving them.

You didn't pay your parents to drive you. If I take a taxi and ask "how much longer" you can be sure I expect a reasonable answer. It's always kind of sad when "gamers" infantilize themselves.

So no Grapeshot doesn't "owe" anyone anything, just like no customer support on hotlines owes you anything but if you want to keep your customers/make them happy there is a way to do it and another one which certainly won't achieve it.

If they didn't want people constantly asking them (and expecting an answer) about it then maybe don't sell a game in EA? They take money for a product and even an EA game doesn't mean you as developer get an out of jail card on everything (although more and more devs as well as players seem to think so).

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I got over it.

Com'on you didnt get over it... I bet your parents would say differently.... "He is still at it"

LOL

If they would prepare new content, patches in advance before ever mentioning it then it would look like they were always on time but now it looks like they are always behind. One reason being is I don’t think they have a dedicated server for testing new ideas out before coming public with them, hence why they pulled the EU server down and stated they needed it to prepare. Now they are running into issues that wasn’t foreseen and it’s causing delays. Looks like they are going to try and have a dedicated PTR server in the future but as of right now they are just working with what they got.

Edited by Daemon Cross

They are behind because they are working on that outlaw garbage...… they will get back to atlas when they get that shit sorted