Sign in to follow this  
MegasOwnAtlas

Large company meeting held. Colonies info as of 4/2/19

8 hours ago, MegasOwnAtlas said:

I was told that it would be a bad idea to post anything here by at least 6 people. I figured as long as I kept honest and didn't say anything offensive, how bad could it really be? So as an inside joke between a few of us I made that username (as a dare) then posted minor things we discussed so that anyone who's played before would easily realize was true. 

I guess they were right. I could've said we were giving everyone in the game 1000 free Tin and the comments would still be negative lol.

Anyways, that's fine. I understand how people feel towards us but there's one thing you have to understand. Out of all the mega-hating threads that are on this forum, it's the same 20-30 people doing all the complaining. Problem is, that isn't even 0.1% of the community. Who do you honestly think the devs are going to listen to about future changes? The same people who have been crying since day 1 about every little thing? or the core group of hardcore players that they invite into their "state of the game" discord chats? 

Here's a few words of wisdom for you bud. It doesn't matter what the devs do with company/alliance caps. We will play on any server we like. You should stop worrying about others and just enjoy the game.

Hey what mega are you in 🙂

Interesting. The replies (or lack of some significant names therein more specifically) are quite telling. 

I am convinced the alliance/member limit should (and likely will) be removed. It only has the effect of benefiting out of game allegiances/communication. 

Communications, clan privileges and alliance systems within the actual client of Atlas are worse than in Ultima Online in 1997.

In a free for all situation like this it is all about communications and alliances, if you can design an ingame system which is effective for both of these things then the "average" player will be able to compete, if you force them to use out of game means, the nefarious will always prevail 🙂

@MegasOwnAtlas , give us a map of where all the megas are going so we don't bother trying to settle in the middle of a mega.

Also, Empires is getting the new claim system from what Dollie has said, you should all go there.

Edited by Master_Pain
double post

On 4/2/2019 at 6:04 PM, gnihar said:

Don’t care much where you play as long as you won’t violate the server caps and rules. And if you do, hopefully you will get dev wiped.

There is no rules in place other than how many can be in company and alliances. Ever survival game has had a DNG list.

On 4/3/2019 at 12:35 PM, Master_Pain said:

@MegasOwnAtlas , give us a map of where all the megas are going so we don't bother trying to settle in the middle of a mega.

Also, Empires is getting the new claim system from what Dollie has said, you should all go there.

And dollie has already said that is false in another thread. That it was a misunderstanding. 

On 4/2/2019 at 7:33 PM, Mike L said:

Yep, if you try to run a company the way I stated, there wont be a company to run. Which is why most megas end up being similar to each other. 

One similarity they usually also share is that one member of them feels like they need to help the company more than other members, so they start breeding tames which actually puts their company ahead, or they cheat, exploit and hack. 

Just make sure you keep those hacker,cheater, exploiters out of your company and I'm sure everything will be good, no matter which servers you choose. 

The hacker/ exploiter problem is a complicated one, since your company may just be trading/ doing commerce with cheaters, which should still get you banned but in a larger company this is hard to keep track of, just dont make everyone join/ally with you and force devs to do a mass ban where most of the players banned dont even know why, this is what it comes to eventually. We saw it in ark. 

There really isn't a reason to have more than 50 people in a discord at once though, other than zerging or maybe you just like to talk to that many players simultaneously.  To each their own I guess

Also I'll be ready to fight ya 🙂 you can try and sink/take what we have but I'll do whatever I can to make that difficult, and i wont care how big your company is, retaliation is always possible! 

Its not hard to make multiple channels for diff boats/islands.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:00 AM, Back Stabbath said:

Lol what a turd.

If the devs are actually giving info to specific groups over others game is already failed, you reek of fail troll tho.

Nobody is scared of old zerglings running around pretending they can pvp . stfu. 

Not even sure anyone besides you guys will be returning anyways. After seeing the last announcement  they just keep dropping the ball.

Maybe they should just add some more dinos.

Well to be honest they are in some of the megas discord.

I'm in dynasty, which is a combo of Dynasty, HSBB and Destiny and if there was some huge meeting of megas recently this is the first I've heard of it. 

The impression I get from our "leadership" at the moment is that we should all go back to ark and mesh for the lols. Most seem fairly disinterested in Atlas it seems. 

On 4/2/2019 at 7:36 PM, MegasOwnAtlas said:

Here's a few words of wisdom for you bud. It doesn't matter what the devs do with company/alliance caps. We will play on any server we like. You should stop worrying about others and just enjoy the game.

I really don't understand what people think sometimes.  It doesn't matter how the developers plan the colonies or alliances.  Those can be setup externally on websites.  Ingame they can be a dozen independant companies.  But they are all the same Mega Tribe irl.  There is nothing that can be done about this by the developers. Absolutely nothing.

Only the mega tribe owners/admins can make the changes necessary to improve the gameplay experience for people in the game itself.

Your rules not to attack the solo players, setup trades, organise safe passage etc  That is how the mega's make the game better.

There will always be smaller groups, which also organise via external websites/discords etc which might number a few hundred people, whose sole intent is to cause chaos by any means.  Either by using exploits, aimbots or generally just running around being dicks.  Again the devs can't really do anything about this outside of trying to block the more obvious exploits.  Aimbots maybe a battleye issue, I'd prefer to see developers bringing back official gm's to watch servers for these cheaters and banning them.  Creating a ban list for private servers to upload, so they can just autoban the same players as well.

When I was admin on our minecraft server, we were banning on avg 6k people per year.  And we only had servers capable of around 250 static members. The numbers of people who are willing to play in an antisocial way v those who wish to play fair is simply beyond count.  Online gaming is worse than any playschool yard.

On 4/2/2019 at 4:02 AM, MegasOwnAtlas said:

With the PTR and v1.5 right around the corner i figured that I would come here and finally make a post. Especially since I have actual updates about what we will all see for ourselves come game time 🙂

This weekend we had a meeting on discord. There were a few leaders/admins/officers from the top 10-12 companies, along with a good amount of their members from the Na PvP server. 161 total to be exact. During the 90 minute discussion many issues were brought up including the cap limits set for each company/alliance. That particular discussion lasted about 45 seconds because NOBODY knows exactly how many members are returning. To be frank, we all agreed that it doesn't matter either. We can always find a way around any cap limit that the devs set, but we just don't want or need to. The devs themselves have already spoken to us on multiple occasions about this very matter. We don't plan on trying to keep big numbers like last time. Trust me, ask any leader/admin how their days were when they had 500 members, messaging them and asking 1001 questions. It sucked. The limits being set are fair and to be honest, more than we even really need.

That being said, once the PTR is over and day 1 of v1.5 arrives, it will be a totally different ballgame than before. We all know which of the existing islands we want. There were only 2 islands that multiple companies were targeting that were the same, but after a brief discussion, and a few future trade agreements lol, that got squared away. So we all know pretty much where each other will be for the most part. Although we are very excited to see the new islands just like everyone else 🙂  so we just aren't 100%.

As far as the solo/duo and the "little companies", none of us bullied you before as a zerg. If BLDX or CSTG did, that sucks and im sorry. We all would MUCH RATHER talk and either recruit, setup a trade/barter agreement, or to just have safe passage to do maps. So many of these threads stating that "we were zerged off my island then it was left barren" are just false. As a matter of fact, we had strict rules that shitting on the small guys is not tolerated. Nobody wanted to be "that company", kinda like how BLDX is known. But I am also 100% certain that there were many times where you got raided by a group that belonged to a "mega" company, but you were in fact only raided by a small group, no more than 8-12 players total. That's not a zerg. When you have 30+ ships, all brigs and galleons, waiting in separate areas to zone into the enemy server at the same time , that's a zerg, and omg it's awful.

Whatever the case may be, we had many people this time around saying they will indeed be going after everyone they see and they don't want repercussions. Everyone seemed to agree. So now yes. you will probably be seeing larger groups going from island to island waiting to sink ships and do whatever they can for free resources. A few of them, i wont mention names, have posted here and on reddit numerous times about this. I guess some of your opinions on the quality of players that are in "megas"  made this all happen. I won't personally be taking part in any of that but i thought it would be a good heads up to the community since it's fair play anyway.

Another pretty important part of the meeting i can share is that for the 1st 2 weeks there will be a truce between all large companies in the powerstone areas. I think that would be a great time for anyone interested in obtaining the items needed to eventually get a submarine to come along and enjoy the........lag ><; 

Another thing. You would be surprised if you knew how many people are testing theories in private servers. Some of the designs they will be implementing into their main fleets were amazing. There are no youtube videos or posts anywhere with these new builds. We were shown 4 of 5 prototype pictures of what they've built and tested, it's game changing. It's like prisoners in jail that have all this extra time to think of crazy things to invent out of nothing.Can't wait to see them in action.

Lastly, I would like to say that grapeshot is in a very pivotal time as far as the future of Atlas is concerned. The direction they are headed now is much different than originally planned. The game is evolving quickly but unless positive decisions are made in the next few months, they could lose their player base, what's left it, for good. 

I will answer a few questions if anyone has any until the PTR arrives. There are quite a few more things i would've loved to share but this is already way too long We have plans for doing the Kraken and for the new shops. Breeding strats and treasure map nights. Just so much. Can't wait!

I just want to confirm a few things to be sure i didnt missunderstand your post.

1. Most of all the megas got together to plan ahead.

2. A dev or some devs were there or at least in direct comminication with the event.

3. You all got to choose where to settle so as to not have to compete with each other.

4. You all confirmed you would not be competing with each other further by forming a server wide alliance/truce.

5. You wont be raiding bothering small or solo groups beacuse you all agree thats just not what you do or what your into.

Did i miss anything?

If this is true, why in the FUCK are you and everyone in that meeting not going to PvE!? You basicly said, "we dont pvp anyone".

One of the biggest problem before was the server wide carebear festival between all the megas. And here we are again with the biggest groups sucking each other off for fear they might have to compete in thier own lane. I dont get. 

The worst part of all is the continued direct conversations some people get to continually have with the devs, yet no ones given me a call yet to ask my advice or opinions. Funny, I paid just as much for my copy of the game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

I just want to confirm a few things to be sure i didnt missunderstand your post.

2. A dev or some devs were there or at least in direct comminication with the event.

3. You all got to choose where to settle so as to not have to compete with each other.

4. You all confirmed you would not be competing with each other further by forming a server wide alliance/truce.

5. You wont be raiding bothering small or solo groups beacuse you all agree thats just not what you do or what your into.

Did i miss anything?

If this is true, why in the FUCK are you and everyone in that meeting not going to PvE!? You basicly said, "we dont pvp anyone".

One of the biggest problem before was the server wide carebear festival between all the megas. And here we are again with the biggest groups sucking each other off for fear they might have to compete in thier own lane. I dont get. 

The worst part of all is the continued direct conversations some people get to continually have with the devs, yet no ones given me a call yet to ask my advice or opinions. Funny, I paid just as much for my copy of the game.

Dude they are not going to stop pvping, its apart of the game. It was a general meeting to see who had enough members to play... that is all.

The game lost so many good pvpers, its a crying shame the system could not have been worked on a private server instead then brought to our attention to test out. Such as a fixed claim war system and not some broken pve system with a war token... Now it just got 100% worse.

Lets all the megas band together now and attack the smaller groups because we got nothing better to do.

What the megas failed to know? is it will either last for a short time, or it will turn out to  /quit /uninstall lets go play something else while the pvers go play atlas.

Just saying saw this coming awhile ago.

On 4/2/2019 at 11:11 PM, MegasOwnAtlas said:

Hi sneakydude. Are you the same sneaky that's in Slam Whales? if so, you had members there. I won't tell you specific names of people who were there but i will tell you that  tpg, slam whales, federation, order 66, dwarves, oWo, and a few others were present.

So basically several former leaders of 'Mega companies' of one of the six NA alliances were present ? well, not too impressive to be fair. Some EU alliances talk about joining the N/A server and there are the Russian and Chinese alliances that this round, will either all join EU or all join N/A so you represent not 1 of the 6 alliances but 1 of 21 worldwide, that may end up on your cluster next wipe.

Good luck with your division of islands and grids ' Sexy Cats alliance" ;). Probably in attendance were TPG, No No No, The Federation, Slam Whales, Order 66, SoV, Team Casualty, The Pirate Bay, Squid Squad, FBI Open up, Sons of the Seven, Trojan Trolls, Leviathan, Victory or Valhalla and Darkblade Army

Edited by MajorAvatar

32 minutes ago, MajorAvatar said:

So basically several former leaders of 'Mega companies' of one of the six NA alliances were present ? well, not too impressive to be fair. Some EU alliances talk about joining the N/A server and there are the Russian and Chinese alliances that this round, will either all join EU or all join N/A so you represent not 1 of the 6 alliances but 1 of 21 worldwide, that may end up on your cluster next wipe.

Good luck with your division of islands and grids ' Sexy Cats alliance" ;). Probably in attendance were TPG, No No No, The Federation, Slam Whales, Order 66, SoV, Team Casualty, The Pirate Bay, Squid Squad, FBI Open up, Sons of the Seven, Trojan Trolls, Leviathan, Victory or Valhalla and Darkblade Army

Did you just repeat what Mega said?

22 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Did i miss anything?

1. One alliance got together. Havent heard anything about this meeting from the mega im in.

2. Devs have been in megas discords.

3. Thats normal

4. They basically were already doing that in the south.

5. You missed where they said they will raid everyone around them. Mainly because ppl were indeed shit talking megas saying they had no chance to do anything after this update....so SCA seems to want to prove them wrong.

3 hours ago, ragnar cook said:

1. One alliance got together. Havent heard anything about this meeting from the mega im in.

2. Devs have been in megas discords.

3. Thats normal

4. They basically were already doing that in the south.

5. You missed where they said they will raid everyone around them. Mainly because ppl were indeed shit talking megas saying they had no chance to do anything after this update....so SCA seems to want to prove them wrong.

You are correct sir on #5. I did not fully comprehend the irony of the 2 conflicting statements. Good to know they plan to only grief the smaller companies around them and leave each other alone. I certainly wouldn't want to end up right back where we started in the 1st Atlas where they only left each other alone and went after smaller targets instead......

On 4/9/2019 at 12:04 PM, Chucksteak said:

You are correct sir on #5. I did not fully comprehend the irony of the 2 conflicting statements. Good to know they plan to only grief the smaller companies around them and leave each other alone. I certainly wouldn't want to end up right back where we started in the 1st Atlas where they only left each other alone and went after smaller targets instead......

Eh before the wipe the problem was traveling to fight each other. It took 2 hours for the megas to travel to each other so thats 4 hours at least going back and forth. That doesnt count the actual fight.

They did fight but it was and always will be easier to fight the ppl nearby.

That is why they have empires, so they can be right next to each other, raid all day 24/7 against each other. Simples. All this outcry over changing/softening the game and they then move in a massive drove to that softened game, says it all really 🙂

Edited by Dosomething

Obviously the Megas have the ear of the Devs, how about devs set down with this group which seem to be working,  Tailor the Empire server to their specs and leave the Colonies alone.

However, i feel this would not work, its quite obvious they want easy prey, not mega battles where they may loose.  Mega seem not to able to exist without small companies to raid with near impunity.

Edited by José Gaspar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

Obviously the Megas have the ear of the Devs, how about devs set down with this group which seem to be working,  Tailor the Empire server to their specs and leave the Colonies alone.

However, i feel this would not work, its quite obvious they want easy prey, not mega battles where they may loose.  Mega seem not to able to exist without small companies to raid with near impunity.

Community isn´t big enough to have megaspecific and smallerspecific servers. Sorry. Megas don´t want to play on dead servers. 

6 hours ago, Willard said:

Community isn´t big enough to have megaspecific and smallerspecific servers. Sorry. Megas don´t want to play on dead servers. 

So there is not enough Megas to worry about, if they could not fill a server they should therefore, not deserve any accommodations made for them?  

I think you are agreeing that Mega simply are not self-sustaining, they absolutely need other player to act as prey for them.

Sounds like the Colony setup is working as intended.   Players don't want to play as prey and they should be forced to.    Reddit is showing a nice map to find them and remove from them from colony server.

Edited by José Gaspar

2 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

So there is not enough Megas to worry about, if they could not fill a server they should therefore, not deserve any accommodations made for them?  

I think you are agreeing that Mega simply are not self-sustaining, they absolutely need other player to act as prey for them.

Sounds like the Colony setup is working as intended.   Players don't want to play as prey and they should be forced to.    Reddit is showing a nice map to find them and remove from them from colony server.

Its not about deserving. I simply say Megas don´t want to play on empires because there aren´t players. You want to play on dead servers? Noone does. Megatribe isn´t some paranormal entity, these are players like you and me who want to play where the population is. 

15 hours ago, Willard said:

Its not about deserving. I simply say Megas don´t want to play on empires because there aren´t players. You want to play on dead servers? Noone does. Megatribe isn´t some paranormal entity, these are players like you and me who want to play where the population is. 

Players in Mega-Companies (Megas), seem not to understand or care, that the game play method use drives a majority of players away.   They are not big enough to support a server on their own, yet no one outside those in Megas wants to play with Megas in the game.   Because of the mega play-style, draconian measures are put in place such as alliance limits in attempt to curtail their impact, attempts to mitigate the impact to the majority of player by providing a server for them have failed,  Mainly because they have no interest in the survival of the game, just asserting dominance.

While Megas-companies are frequent on forums, have attention of Developer's attention, they are a insignificant minority of the players.     The mega-companies are a destructive force in the player base.   Most players want to play a game for fun.   

• Thanks 1