Sign in to follow this  
MegasOwnAtlas

Large company meeting held. Colonies info as of 4/2/19

With the PTR and v1.5 right around the corner i figured that I would come here and finally make a post. Especially since I have actual updates about what we will all see for ourselves come game time 🙂

This weekend we had a meeting on discord. There were a few leaders/admins/officers from the top 10-12 companies, along with a good amount of their members from the Na PvP server. 161 total to be exact. During the 90 minute discussion many issues were brought up including the cap limits set for each company/alliance. That particular discussion lasted about 45 seconds because NOBODY knows exactly how many members are returning. To be frank, we all agreed that it doesn't matter either. We can always find a way around any cap limit that the devs set, but we just don't want or need to. The devs themselves have already spoken to us on multiple occasions about this very matter. We don't plan on trying to keep big numbers like last time. Trust me, ask any leader/admin how their days were when they had 500 members, messaging them and asking 1001 questions. It sucked. The limits being set are fair and to be honest, more than we even really need.

That being said, once the PTR is over and day 1 of v1.5 arrives, it will be a totally different ballgame than before. We all know which of the existing islands we want. There were only 2 islands that multiple companies were targeting that were the same, but after a brief discussion, and a few future trade agreements lol, that got squared away. So we all know pretty much where each other will be for the most part. Although we are very excited to see the new islands just like everyone else 🙂  so we just aren't 100%.

As far as the solo/duo and the "little companies", none of us bullied you before as a zerg. If BLDX or CSTG did, that sucks and im sorry. We all would MUCH RATHER talk and either recruit, setup a trade/barter agreement, or to just have safe passage to do maps. So many of these threads stating that "we were zerged off my island then it was left barren" are just false. As a matter of fact, we had strict rules that shitting on the small guys is not tolerated. Nobody wanted to be "that company", kinda like how BLDX is known. But I am also 100% certain that there were many times where you got raided by a group that belonged to a "mega" company, but you were in fact only raided by a small group, no more than 8-12 players total. That's not a zerg. When you have 30+ ships, all brigs and galleons, waiting in separate areas to zone into the enemy server at the same time , that's a zerg, and omg it's awful.

Whatever the case may be, we had many people this time around saying they will indeed be going after everyone they see and they don't want repercussions. Everyone seemed to agree. So now yes. you will probably be seeing larger groups going from island to island waiting to sink ships and do whatever they can for free resources. A few of them, i wont mention names, have posted here and on reddit numerous times about this. I guess some of your opinions on the quality of players that are in "megas"  made this all happen. I won't personally be taking part in any of that but i thought it would be a good heads up to the community since it's fair play anyway.

Another pretty important part of the meeting i can share is that for the 1st 2 weeks there will be a truce between all large companies in the powerstone areas. I think that would be a great time for anyone interested in obtaining the items needed to eventually get a submarine to come along and enjoy the........lag ><; 

Another thing. You would be surprised if you knew how many people are testing theories in private servers. Some of the designs they will be implementing into their main fleets were amazing. There are no youtube videos or posts anywhere with these new builds. We were shown 4 of 5 prototype pictures of what they've built and tested, it's game changing. It's like prisoners in jail that have all this extra time to think of crazy things to invent out of nothing.Can't wait to see them in action.

Lastly, I would like to say that grapeshot is in a very pivotal time as far as the future of Atlas is concerned. The direction they are headed now is much different than originally planned. The game is evolving quickly but unless positive decisions are made in the next few months, they could lose their player base, what's left it, for good. 

I will answer a few questions if anyone has any until the PTR arrives. There are quite a few more things i would've loved to share but this is already way too long We have plans for doing the Kraken and for the new shops. Breeding strats and treasure map nights. Just so much. Can't wait!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Nice post, hope it all works out that way.

But you ruin it by creating a profile with that name for this post.

The bulk of the player base, my guts tell me and my experince is not over 10 members group. Anything over 10 active crew is a large tribe in my view. Main player base, I will not be spewing the percentages that I don’t know, is solos and small groups. I would say 4 is an average size of an Atlas tribe. The zerg IMO make only a smaller portion of that base, and the sooner the devs realize smalltribes is the right way to go, aka capping alliance limits severely and member limits on Colonies, the more people we will be seeing.

The sooner the devs stop hiding endgame content aka submarine behind zerg “paywall”, the better.

There is the Empire server designed for you zerg. There you can zerg eachother, which you will not do anyway since you hide behind the numbers. 

The only problem that I see, is Empire being the old ruleset.

The biggest mistake devs are making is not making Empire the new ruleset, but without any tribe and alliance limits. That way, there would be no right excuse for zerg to come and play on smalltribes. And if all would go smalltribes, that would prove my point that majority is not zerg.

edit: the very fact that you are “holding meetings” proves that you will not be zerging eachother but mostly you would be devouring and trying to forcefully integrate small tribes on Colonies. You have already “decided” who will have which sector, and by doing so, you will likely deprive hundreds of small tribes from settling there and have dynamic pvp, with less “discord deals” and more positive chaos. This is in my eyes the fault of developer as well, adhering to MMO concept in a multiplier survival game where small tribes constituted majority before they all fled.

Edited by gnihar

Lol what a turd.

If the devs are actually giving info to specific groups over others game is already failed, you reek of fail troll tho.

Nobody is scared of old zerglings running around pretending they can pvp . stfu. 

Not even sure anyone besides you guys will be returning anyways. After seeing the last announcement  they just keep dropping the ball.

Maybe they should just add some more dinos.

2 hours ago, MegasOwnAtlas said:

Another thing. You would be surprised if you knew how many people are testing theories in private servers. Some of the designs they will be implementing into their main fleets were amazing. There are no youtube videos or posts anywhere with these new builds. We were shown 4 of 5 prototype pictures of what they've built and tested, it's game changing. It's like prisoners in jail that have all this extra time to think of crazy things to invent out of nothing.Can't wait to see them in action.

Unless they know exactly how many extra levels are gonna give shipyard bps and how exactly the 2 new stats gonna work, id say its a wasted effort. 

Troll post is troll. This is not even a good one. I mean even the name is troll. The entire gist of this should just be the word troll over and over. Turn the servers on devs, people need to waste their time on your game... instead we get them wasting it on this. 

3 hours ago, MegasOwnAtlas said:

Not surprised at all, as well as not surprised that majority of game exploits also come from the zerg.

Give us a map of where the megas are all settling so people can avoiding trying to settle in those zones as you will just kick small groups out and there won't be a point to setting up shop there.

I was told that it would be a bad idea to post anything here by at least 6 people. I figured as long as I kept honest and didn't say anything offensive, how bad could it really be? So as an inside joke between a few of us I made that username (as a dare) then posted minor things we discussed so that anyone who's played before would easily realize was true. 

I guess they were right. I could've said we were giving everyone in the game 1000 free Tin and the comments would still be negative lol.

Anyways, that's fine. I understand how people feel towards us but there's one thing you have to understand. Out of all the mega-hating threads that are on this forum, it's the same 20-30 people doing all the complaining. Problem is, that isn't even 0.1% of the community. Who do you honestly think the devs are going to listen to about future changes? The same people who have been crying since day 1 about every little thing? or the core group of hardcore players that they invite into their "state of the game" discord chats? 

7 hours ago, gnihar said:

The bulk of the player base, my guts tell me and my experince is not over 10 members group. Anything over 10 active crew is a large tribe in my view. Main player base, I will not be spewing the percentages that I don’t know, is solos and small groups. I would say 4 is an average size of an Atlas tribe. The zerg IMO make only a smaller portion of that base, and the sooner the devs realize smalltribes is the right way to go, aka capping alliance limits severely and member limits on Colonies, the more people we will be seeing.

The sooner the devs stop hiding endgame content aka submarine behind zerg “paywall”, the better.

There is the Empire server designed for you zerg. There you can zerg eachother, which you will not do anyway since you hide behind the numbers. 

The only problem that I see, is Empire being the old ruleset.

The biggest mistake devs are making is not making Empire the new ruleset, but without any tribe and alliance limits. That way, there would be no right excuse for zerg to come and play on smalltribes. And if all would go smalltribes, that would prove my point that majority is not zerg.

edit: the very fact that you are “holding meetings” proves that you will not be zerging eachother but mostly you would be devouring and trying to forcefully integrate small tribes on Colonies. You have already “decided” who will have which sector, and by doing so, you will likely deprive hundreds of small tribes from settling there and have dynamic pvp, with less “discord deals” and more positive chaos. This is in my eyes the fault of developer as well, adhering to MMO concept in a multiplier survival game where small tribes constituted majority before they all fled.

Here's a few words of wisdom for you bud. It doesn't matter what the devs do with company/alliance caps. We will play on any server we like. You should stop worrying about others and just enjoy the game.

34 minutes ago, MegasOwnAtlas said:

I was told that it would be a bad idea to post anything here by at least 6 people. I figured as long as I kept honest and didn't say anything offensive, how bad could it really be? So as an inside joke between a few of us I made that username (as a dare) then posted minor things we discussed so that anyone who's played before would easily realize was true. 

I guess they were right. I could've said we were giving everyone in the game 1000 free Tin and the comments would still be negative lol.

Anyways, that's fine. I understand how people feel towards us but there's one thing you have to understand. Out of all the mega-hating threads that are on this forum, it's the same 20-30 people doing all the complaining. Problem is, that isn't even 0.1% of the community. Who do you honestly think the devs are going to listen to about future changes? The same people who have been crying since day 1 about every little thing? or the core group of hardcore players that they invite into their "state of the game" discord chats? 

Here's a few words of wisdom for you bud. It doesn't matter what the devs do with company/alliance caps. We will play on any server we like. You should stop worrying about others and just enjoy the game.

bruh this is teh forum. reddit has plenty of the same type of posts. either way, mega's only made up 20 percent the population yet are capable of ruining the pvp for 80 percent of the population. colonies was to try to counter you and give you your own empire playground. the only positive thing i got from your op was that now we know the biomes and islands had better be mixed up to counter you asshats too.. just plain ridiculous. would be nice if you had a meeting about starting on empire for the massive shit and kept it small on colonies for the sake of keeping the game alive... but nope. humans are dumb. 

In game moderators are needed to enforce colony server rules with temp bans. thats all i gotta say about it. mega's will break the mechanics every time otherwise.

Pc is the only platform where mega's will exist so just regulate it with people as its here. Don't see this problem happening on xbox and playstation.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

lol how this guy pretends he someone special. Ive had megas come and wipe me. then I would move build a schooner take a bear with a canon sneak into there bases and sink all their ships. it works both ways. small group can be sneaky as fuck. I even took a sloop with canon on the rear and ran it right past their towers. and sunk three brigs and a galleon. They eventually sunk my sloop but big deal..... shoot out a plank and move on to the next by the time they get the message that the first sunk the others follow right after.

• Like 1

Mega = Consumption of smaller tribes. Controlled by 1 larger voice. 20% thus may equal 80% in the end.

Either give up your island and resources or we are going to wipe you out. So do you have any resources?

If you pose any threat to the smaller group under XXX mega clan you will be attacked. Defense is another thing, aggression is totally different.

Who you kidding Willis?

52 minutes ago, ButtPirate said:

Ive had megas come and wipe me. then I would move build a schooner take a bear with a canon sneak into there bases and sink all their ships. it works both ways. small group can be sneaky as fuck. I even took a sloop with canon on the rear and ran it right past their towers. and sunk three brigs and a galleon. They eventually sunk my sloop but big deal..... shoot out a plank and move on to the next by the time they get the message that the first sunk the others follow right after.

Ty for proving my point...and this is why our company didn't allow members to just go around and sink everything they saw. You weren't the only person to do this, it happened a lot. 

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

would be nice if you had a meeting about starting on empire for the massive shit and kept it small on colonies for the sake of keeping the game alive... but nope. humans are dumb. 

Many will be playing on both servers but it's up to each individual player to choose. For the 3rd time, nobody knows how many players will be returning. So any posts previously made that said they were sure where companies are going, it false.

How about releasing what alliances where at the meeting so we can believe this information, as nicely brought to the community. Making a new account just for this?

Traditional hostilities with megas that I saw play out happened as such...

Small group of players start crap somewhere.
Offended group counter-attacks.
Small group complains to their Mega allies.
Mega declares war on you for daring to attack an ally (that had attacked you first)

• Like 1

If you stick to the intent of the server limits I don't give a hoot which server you play on.

Out of all the mega-hating threads that are on this forum, it's the same 20-30 people doing all the complaining.

This is the official forums, where better to post our complaints, comments and suggestions. 

perhaps getting your 161 people to post what they believe will be good for the health of the game would be a better suggestion.

No answer @Megasownatlas? who was at this meeting? I am sure you have some credentials to back some of these things you suggest?

No shame in mentioning things, as the server will be wiped.

2 minutes ago, Lifedragn said:

Traditional hostilities with megas that I saw play out happened as such...

Small group of players start crap somewhere.
Offended group counter-attacks.
Small group complains to their Mega allies.
Mega declares war on you for daring to attack an ally (that had attacked you first)

lol. i've seen that too. There are so many groups of 2-4-6 that ended up joining large companies and then instantly thought they were kings. They would go out and start trouble, get whooped, then come back with their tails between their legs demanding help. It happened all the time. I can't speak for all companies, but we laughed and said get good.

12 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

How about releasing what alliances where at the meeting so we can believe this information, as nicely brought to the community. Making a new account just for this?

Hi sneakydude. Are you the same sneaky that's in Slam Whales? if so, you had members there. I won't tell you specific names of people who were there but i will tell you that  tpg, slam whales, federation, order 66, dwarves, oWo, and a few others were present.

Let me just say this. What is it that you don't believe? the meeting never happened? The truce on powerstone islands? the fact that islands are mapped out for the most part already? I tried to make it very non-controversial. 

Just now, MegasOwnAtlas said:

lol. i've seen that too. There are so many groups of 2-4-6 that ended up joining large companies and then instantly thought they were kings. They would go out and start trouble, get whooped, then come back with their tails between their legs demanding help. It happened all the time. I can't speak for all companies, but we laughed and said get good.

Hi sneakydude. Are you the same sneaky that's in Slam Whales? if so, you had members there. I won't tell you specific names of people who were there but i will tell you that  tpg, slam whales, federation, order 66, dwarves, oWo, and a few others were present.

Let me just say this. What is it that you don't believe? the meeting never happened? The truce on powerstone islands? the fact that islands are mapped out for the most part already? I tried to make it very non-controversial. 

OK no i wasn't at the meeting. Thank you for posting some of those mega clans.

Not all of them i see there where an issue, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I have never had a beef with any of them.

I think TPG also tried to work with many other smaller companies too. I wasn't on official at the time.

Just now, Sneakydude said:

OK no i wasn't at the meeting. Thank you for posting some of those mega clans.

Not all of them i see there where an issue, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I have never had a beef with any of them.

I think TPG also tried to work with many other smaller companies too. I wasn't on official at the time.

I don't want to sound as if I'm the spokesperson for all large companies. I honestly just thought that sharing some of what was said may be helpful. As you probably noticed I'm part of the SCA alliance. I'm just a member, definitely nothing special. 

2 minutes ago, MegasOwnAtlas said:

I don't want to sound as if I'm the spokesperson for all large companies. I honestly just thought that sharing some of what was said may be helpful. As you probably noticed I'm part of the SCA alliance. I'm just a member, definitely nothing special. 

Ok it did sound like you where letting the community know as a spokesperson. All is good now thanks.

To the OP, you as a single minded player can feel this way about mega tribes, and about your mega tribe, but can you be certain that everyone in your tribe is like minded individuals that never disagree with you what yall should and shouldn't be able to do ingame?

You must be certain based on your company mates actions. Making all of your company take a vow doesnt work, they must never violate your benevolent leadership!

If the answer to that is no, then its just another mega abusing rules to crush small companies and make everyone choose between joining you, hiding from you, or quitting the game.

So I'm sure that the devs will ask megas about every decision before they make it LOL. 

Edited by Mike L
  • Like 1

Don’t care much where you play as long as you won’t violate the server caps and rules. And if you do, hopefully you will get dev wiped.

19 minutes ago, Mike L said:

To the OP, you as a single minded player can feel this way about mega tribes, and about your mega tribe, but can you be certain that everyone in your tribe is like minded individuals that never disagree with you what yall should and shouldn't be able to do ingame?

I see your point. At the end of the day each person bought the game and will do whatever they want. 

13 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Don’t care much where you play as long as you won’t violate the server caps and rules. And if you do, hopefully you will get dev wiped.

I personally won't, nor will my friends I play with. We are just excited to get back into the game. The devs haven't given enough details about the changes. After the 1st three days or so, we will all know more.

Yep, if you try to run a company the way I stated, there wont be a company to run. Which is why most megas end up being similar to each other. 

One similarity they usually also share is that one member of them feels like they need to help the company more than other members, so they start breeding tames which actually puts their company ahead, or they cheat, exploit and hack. 

Just make sure you keep those hacker,cheater, exploiters out of your company and I'm sure everything will be good, no matter which servers you choose. 

The hacker/ exploiter problem is a complicated one, since your company may just be trading/ doing commerce with cheaters, which should still get you banned but in a larger company this is hard to keep track of, just dont make everyone join/ally with you and force devs to do a mass ban where most of the players banned dont even know why, this is what it comes to eventually. We saw it in ark. 

There really isn't a reason to have more than 50 people in a discord at once though, other than zerging or maybe you just like to talk to that many players simultaneously.  To each their own I guess

Also I'll be ready to fight ya 🙂 you can try and sink/take what we have but I'll do whatever I can to make that difficult, and i wont care how big your company is, retaliation is always possible! 

Edited by Mike L